• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Do you know how hard it is to draw hundreds of cubes in motion? It's very hard! But computers can do that practically for free!

Solution: Don't make a solid surface break into cubes. I mean, how hard would it be to draw a four-piece hatch opening? Or just a single layer sliding back? Or nothing at all?

Mr.Jeff

Kill La Kill Main Casting:

Ryūko Matoi: Ami Koshimizu (Kallen from Code Geass or Anemone from Eureka 7)

Uzu: Hiyama Nobuyuki (Viral from TTGL)

Year of the Kozhimizu. Oh yes. Now just need more Mai Nakahara Also, it's unusual to see Hiyama popping up again, he seems to have disappeared in more recent times.

I dont recognize any of these names.
Hiyama is original Madarame from Genshiken if it helps?

Isn't SnO the dumb harem manga that went all edgy in the past few chapters?
At least SnO has comedy. His previous series he tried to have beautiful girls in a ridiculously angsty series where a initially a spineless MC is a Messiah from heaven but is unaware of it. Basically it turns to ridiculously bad written drama and features a lot of violence towards women.

Ultimadrago

They're taking so long to start the fucking stream it apparently already got leaked on the noitaminA site before they removed it. LOL.

b167cuV.jpg

Movie and 2nd season.

This news is as exciting as another season of Panty & Stocking would be.

Caesnd

Why am I getting hyped for Captain Earth? :/

I see what you're saying about hiding mistakes; I frequently see distorted perspectives in low-quality productions. Their very artistic purposelessness makes the poor art stand out ever the more strongly to me though. It's easy to distinguish between an incompetent artist and one using genuine stylization. Note the inconsistent curvature of the gate and the school in the first background, for instance.

Absolutely. Just because caricature and distiortion can more easily hide flaws in proportion and structure etc, doesn't mean that one will produce a good result if one doesn't understand the basic principles of drawing In the first place.

ICertainly, but departures from the norm should be used with a clear purpose. Especially when you're dealing with establishing shots, whose purpose is to say "Now we're at the school" or "This next scene will be in the Minami's apartment", you shouldn't get particularly crazy. The more unusual the art is, the more difficult it becomes for the viewer to make that recognition of the setting. Especially if it's inconsistent with the way that setting has been portrayed in the past.

Indeed, but I imagine the intense workload of an animator might lead to stressful situations where shortcuts are tempting. The situation is likely one about time saving really.

Few artists can plot non distorted perspective drawings without aid of guidelines or 3D mock ups.

The closer the vanishing points in two and three point perspective are, the heavier the distortion, So in order to create truly realistic drawings, one would either have to measure far off the edge of a normal animators desk, or eyeball everything (which is hard and time consuming if you aren't really skilled at such things , and as a result usually requires a lot of trial and error).

they probably just don't have the time/money to allow the more skilled animators and layout artists to draw everything in time.

Theonik

Rabu Rabu 10
This felt like more of a collection of shorts than an actual episode though I wouldn't exactly say it was a bad thing. The Suzu flashback was pretty cute. Also Enomoto's brother is hilarious. 3 more episodes :(

Because it's short and it's girls with guns... who are guns.

Leaving it at that.
Episode 10 is Chet approved. I'll leave it at that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Upotte is a must watch for all Americans for the moral is teaches at the end. It will leave you clapping at the end.

Guns don't kill people, it's the people who use the guns that kill people.
Also don't forget to tip.

Jarmel

Banned
So which BONES studio do we not know their upcoming project?

B Studio is Space Dandy

C Studio is Captain Earth

So Tenkai is either A or D, with the other being unknown currently.

Narag

There's a new Beyblade too?
So out of touch.

Edit: I can't believe there's a while mythos to this. Dark gods, end of the world, etc.

I didn't know Magi was getting an Eng dub, and from reading the article it seems like it's pretty far in since it's going to be premiered in 3 weeks (so I guess I'm late to this news once again). This is quite surprising news for me. Whenever the DVD's for it come out I'll be sure to buy them because the show was amazing to me.

Was sure it was announced way earlier this summer with the open audition call at...anime expo was it.

Was there any news on whether that dance would be fixed or not?

It was, thought someone posted the gif. I clearly wouldn't have it.

Is a season 3 confirmed yet?
We'll know once Railgun S2 ends.

Neptunia 09

kTD9Tp3l.jpg

Kobayashi reading erotic literature.
ON R-18 island ! don't forget the details ...it's all about the context !

Also, Kobayashi as shy woman. Weird. lol
She was forced in doing it ... yes it seems even lewder.

I found the transitions poor. Too many details gets cut out which detracts my enjoyment.

It was very fluid and the number of cameos added to my enjoyment ... it also had a higher degree of detail compared to the anime serie ... and it's normal since it's a movie but the end result was nice ...

New thread already. Come on guys. The day I decided to be gone, is the day that the last thread was filled....
Actually we were waiting for you to be gone , so we could start ahead !

Seriously miyazaki gone, new bones shows and information starting to flood , this was the expected outcome .... + psycho-pass S2

Romeo Must Die.
Why did i laugh ?

I remember liking this film at the time and hating it recently ..

(Also, on the subject of cameos and all that, I could have honestly done without
Accelerator turning up. For the sake of how brief it was, I'd have much rather have them give the chance for the named Anti-Skill types to be bad-ass for once if they couldn't come up with a good reason for Accelerator to get involved. Or just have Saten hit the thing with her bat.
)

You're underestimating
accelerator popularity ..the character is getting his own manga spin-off now ... of course they would cram him whenever chance they get... And if anti-skill can't do a thing , it's not Saten that would be able to...she is the "no power" part of the group after all.

faridmon

Actually we were waiting for you to be gone , so we could start ahead !

Seriously miyazaki gone, new bones shows and information starting to flood , this was the expected outcome .... + psycho-pass S2

[/SPOILER]

Why did I choose that day?

New BONES Shows? Well, New hyped up shows that will eventually transform into mindless rage and disappointments.

Thanks BONES

Why did I choose that day?

New BONES Shows? Well, New hyped up shows that will eventually transform into mindless rage and disappointments.

Thanks BONES

it's BONES , as long as you go IN knowing what to expect .. you can't really be disapointed

( well you can but it's not as bad )

Gintama Episode 19 – Why’s the Sea So Salty? Because You City Folk Pee Whenever You Go Swimming!

Kind of a boring beach episode, though the conclusion was funny and kind of touching.

/XX/

Happy Birthday to anyone with recent birthdays, so that includes CorvoSol & FelixOrion!

I was going to say that that's alright and no one had to replied to me. Now I feel it's my turn to apologize as I'm so late to respond (a little over a week!). I apologize then for taking so long to get back to you. Especially with the really informative and thorough response you gave me. :)
It's nice I could help a little, and I don't really mind the time between responses, it kindly reminds me of a time on which we used letters, 'snail mail' and all that... there is still a sense of expectancy without a sudden urgency on it I find adorable. :)

OK, so just the last episode was cropped then. Now I'm wondering why that was. A theater release or something perhaps? I'll have to look it up to see if I find anything myself regarding that.
Not really, it was all part of a little trick made for that impressive final scene from the last episode...
the original episode 6 OVA release was using a 4:3 'letterbox' format with the black bars (mattes) added afterwards, which covered part of the actual animation from the sheets and printed on the film, bars which are removed as the final moments in colour are shown on screen (the reason why the episode was also printed or shoot in colour film on its entirety)
. All that coupled with the notion that it was 35mm film used for it as well makes for a nice understanding of what Mr. Anno meant with "sense of scale" overall.

I stopped listening half way though, but I suppose they were vague on what the next film was and who will take over the studio now?
I'm waiting for the Yahoo News article but, unless I was trolled by 2ch, he apparently said something about Goro's next project coming next year.
Remember yourself, as I did recently, that Toshio Suzuki already made mention in the past of that next film being a 'chanbara' genre one... maybe, as some commented, based on Mr. Hotta's essay work of Teika & Chomei, author this one for whom the studio, at the helm of Miyazaki Jr., prepared image-boards and project concepts inspired by his work that were shown at an exhibition curated by them:

セブンアンドワイ - スタジオジブリ - 堀田善衞展
http://www.7netshopping.jp/esb/docs/sp/ghibli/ghibli_hottaten_c.html

New thread not fall?

#WhensKillLaKill
Next month I think.
October, which is when Fall starts.
Advanced screening event is this month (September, 29) so I hope is one of the first series to begin, on very early-October...

cajunator

Banned
Oh man I've been sorta off kilter these past few days, barely watched any animu at all. Hain't even watched last week's MJP or AoT. I blame Xenoblade. Every time I think that game is over, it isn't. And I got Project X-Zone and SMT4 for my birthday, so I been busy cramming not-work before school.

I go weeks without watching anime due to my job sometimes. It will happen more and more.

Big hat loli will soon take over everyone's hearts.

I've been on team big hat loli since the beginning. Seems the best choice.

Hiyama is original Madarame from Genshiken if it helps?

At least SnO has comedy.

Yes actually.. Now I know exactly who that seiyuu is if he was Madarame before.

SnO doesnt take itself seriously. The protag is a bit hedonistic and very perverted but hes a likeable fellow overall.

/XX/

Wait, it was yesterday wonzo's birthday too? Confirm or deny...

In case affirmative, Happy Birthday as well wonzo... I'll someday watch Kingdom in your honor, as promised, but not now... not now...

You have a bad memory. Wit actually worked on one episode of Robotics;Notes. The studio had nothing to do with PP.
Hey, there's C84 self-published art-book! :p

Their first work as a studio was precisely working on something similar (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42385369&postcount=13774).

Viral's VO? Yesssss!
More The Legend Of Zelda in-jokes, now for KILL la KILL, incoming.

ok just finished with Panty & Stocking.
season 2 is coming, right? Right guys? We believe, right?
Sure, lets wait for Panty In The Space too while we are at it...

*sniff*...

cajunator

Banned
Wait, it was yesterday wonzo's birthday too? Confirm or deny...

In case affirmative, Happy Birthday as well wonzo... I'll someday watch Kingdom in your honor, as promised, but not now... not now...

Hey, there's C84 self-published art-book! :p

Their first work as a studio was precisely working on something similar (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42385369&postcount=13774).

More The Legend Of Zelda in-jokes, now for KILL la KILL, incoming.

Sure, lets wait for Panty In The Space too while we are at it...

*sniff*...

Panty and Stocking 's ending is one of the most masterful trolls of all time.

Ultimadrago

So what has been going on, guys?

- More hyperbolic praise layered on Hyouka? (Unwise and does the show, while good, no favors in the midst of arduous scenes of stale interactions for certain mysteries that don't even give off the simplest inch of payoff. Where there should at least be an emulation of pleasantly mundane senses of accomplishment or discovery are instead completely straight-faces and moss growing on trees in terms of entertainment. Ignoring blatant faults with the show's execution only to give it highly exaggerated praise is unsound.)

- Hyped announcements deflated upon release? (Expected)

- Bans? (Completed circle)

Happy Birthday to anyone with recent birthdays, so that includes CorvoSol & FelixOrion!

I didn't know there were so many recently. Happy Day of Birth to all (including ZetaEpyon)!

And how has it been going, /XX/?

/XX/

I didn't know there were so many recently. Happy Day of Birth to all (including ZetaEpyon)!
ZetaEpyon too? Another Happy Birthday coming your way, man!

And how has it been going, /XX/?
I can't complain, not at all... well, except for the concept of 'missing you in here, Ultimadrago ( ._.)' and all that jazz, the rest has been good. :)

But I know you will return to us at least one more time to show us photos of those incoming BDs, right?

Nafe

Happy Birthday to KillerMan91 and ZetaEpyon.

Happy Belated Birthday's to wonzo and dakkumauji.

---

I didn't post them here but in continuing support of the Rozen Maiden OT I posted my comments for Episodes 4 and 5 in that thread. Almost to page 2! haha.

---

It's nice I could help a little, and I don't really mind the time between responses, it kindly reminds me of a time on which we used letters, 'snail mail' and all that... there is still a sense of expectancy without a sudden urgency on it I find adorable. :)

Thanks again. :)

Snail Mail...natsukashii...

Not really, it was all part of a little trick made for that impressive final scene from the last episode...
the original episode 6 OVA release was using a 4:3 'letterbox' format with the black bars (mattes) added afterwards, which covered part of the actual animation from the sheets and printed on the film, bars which are removed as the final moments in colour are shown on screen (the reason why the episode was also printed or shoot in colour film on its entirety)
. All that coupled with the notion that it was 35mm film used for it as well makes for a nice understanding of what Mr. Anno meant with "sense of scale" overall.

Ah, okay. I think I'll have to rewatch the sixth OVA and pay more attention to some of these details.
I did notice the colour at the end though, I even thought to myself "Hey there actually is some colour after all!",haha.

Oh! Speaking of Gunbuster. I've actually been going through Evangelion since I had never seen the middle episodes before (just the beginning and end) and now that I've seen all the episodes, was that an "Inazuma Kick" with both Shinji and Asuka in Episode 9 where they have to work together?

If it wasn't a little tribute or nod to that by Anno, then after watching Gunbuster it certainly reminded me of that,haha.

So, there was an ANNCast with two people who worked at Media Blasters. One revelation is that Sayonara Zetsubuo Sensei was a package deal with Blade of the Immortal, Moyashimon, and two other random titles. Also, even though they had the license for years, no one actually worked on SZS so there's basically no hope for a US release short of it expiring and someone else re-licensing it.

Also, they ignored all the comment cards that people sent in. lol

SZS always getting the shaft in the US. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom