• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaEpyon

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

Just relaxing with a nice cup of coffee from my new mugs, which arrived today:
IMAG0109.jpg

Jex

So, I know you were all on tenterhooks waiting for me to feed back about my impulse purchasing of the recent Colony Drop fanzines. While I haven't read all the articles yet I'm certainly pleased that I picked these up as the quality of the content, printing, material, layout etc is actually pretty darn good.

cdsmall18hyuw.jpg

cdsmall2ekzfp.jpg

They have a pretty wide variety of articles from Ben's piece on Pop Chaser to segment about the reclaiming of land in Tokyo bay a la Patlabor:

cdsmall3s9laz.jpg

cdsmall4phy5c.jpg

After the apparent success of the first issue they seem to have went all out with the second edition which is printed in a nicer format with colour images, better binding etc. Still, both issues look pretty nice:

cdsmall6rlzk93.jpg

It's certainly feels much better to have an actual, physical product for once.

ZetaEpyon

So, I know you were all on tenterhooks waiting for me to feed back about my impulse purchasing of the recent Colony Drop fanzines. While I haven't read all the articles yet I'm certainly pleased that I picked these up as the quality of the content, printing, material, layout etc is actually pretty darn good.

They have a pretty wide variety of articles from Ben's piece on Pop Chaser to segment about the reclaiming of land in Tokyo bay a la Patlabor:

After the apparent success of the first issue they seem to have went all out with the second edition which is printed in a nicer format with colour images, better binding etc. Still, both issues look pretty nice:

I picked these up as well, and totally concur - they are super nice. The couple articles that I've read thus far are pretty good, too.

Everytime I watch this Princess Jellyfish show when it comes on I always come out with a wtf face. The show has such a weird story. It's like Watamote but instead of wanting to meet people they want to stay sheltered.

Kuroko No Basket - Episode 7

So it seems like one of the generation of miracles members
makes 100% of there shots
. If he can do that, how much better are the other 3? This makes me curious.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Star Driver Movie

That was extremely disappointing. The beginning and the end was the only thing that was really new but it wasn't anything substantial. Ugh. I guess it had good animation.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 41

Makoto and Usagi were forced to reveal themselves to both Motoki and Naru in that order to protect them.

Rei continues on about how she hates the idea of past life, and even recalls Makoto's words upon powering up. They're too attached to fate, and it will be what dooms them.

More Ami x Nephrite shit going on. Serenity comes back to fight again, giving VERY LITTLE FUCKS about things surrounding her, and managed to deflect an enemy attack to damage Naru. Damn son.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou/Day Break Illusion Episode 10: Okay, obviously not the intention but this episode was just hilarious, there is an art to the use of grimdark and Day Break Illusion understands that about as well as it understands advanced organic chemistry. I can sum up this episode thus, we wasted half our episode count on mostly pointless monster of the week episodes and now we decided to listen wear black, listen to Linkin Park and start cutting ourselves. Yea, sorry, that was so over the top with the bad stuff that is just got comedic. Also, motivation, do the bad guys have one other then just being evil?

Syrinx

Love Lab 1

I thought Maki would be quiet and shit, but she's batshit crazy. And I thought Riko (the redhead, that was sorta her name) would be energetic and rambunctious, but she's mostly just watching Maki be crazy. What happened to those two girls from the beginning? Are they even important?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Day Break Illusion Episode 10 – Like Burning Away...
tumblr_msrlyef1aF1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_msrlyef1aF1qbxqfpo4_500.png

Cerebrum in that expression always brightens my day. Best.
Really hope he's triumphant in the end, he easily has control over the whole situation, though Luna being able to retain some humanity is a bit unexpected and makes me kind of cautious to think he could truly win, but maybe. Akari was almost affected by him if not for the dumb phone call at the worst time :( :( :(

Laplace made me think of Laplace mail from DeSu.

Considering how throughly decimated Mezzo Forte is and how Akari is like the only hero left standing, he should we, he won't, very obviously the power of Akari will overwhelm him. I am find with this as it is befitting his horrible design and hazy motivations.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That'll happen in the doujinshi that inevitably gets written after someone comes up with the bright idea of doing a manga about cute girls who are actually major global sporting competitions.

This is so going to be a thing now.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 42

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a fucking asshole
As if imagry wasn't enough, Serenity flat out says that if there's no Endymion, then fuck this planet. Jesus christ I'm dying here

Also thinking of Usagi will now slowly kill Mamoru.

Mr.Jeff

That'll happen in the doujinshi that inevitably gets written after someone comes up with the bright idea of doing a manga about cute girls who are actually major global sporting competitions.
Each one with hair corresponding to one of the Olympic rings....

jbug617

Banned
prince of tennis 2020
kuroko no basket 2020
Free 2020
Captain tsubasa : road to tokyo 2020
Overdrive 2020

This list can be upgraded

--> JUDO BOY 2020 remake

Kind of funny but Togashi suggested to the author of Kuroko no Basket that once the current arc ends he wants an international competition to happen.

Caesnd

The power of BONES compels you. :(

It's an abusive relationship, alright.

Well, in this case it's just backgrounds so the animators can't be blamed for it.

Aren't animators responsible for a lot of the initial layouts? I suppose the detail of these drawings vary on a case by case basis though.

Love Lab 1

I thought Maki would be quiet and shit, but she's batshit crazy. And I thought Riko (the redhead, that was sorta her name) would be energetic and rambunctious, but she's mostly just watching Maki be crazy. What happened to those two girls from the beginning? Are they even important?

Much of the series setup and delivery is definitely hinges on having the other characters (not so much the shows audience themselves after the inital outing) expectations and view of characters based on their appearance be poor matches to their actual personas.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Genshiken Nidaime 10
Well this is pretty much guaranteed to end in the middle of nowhere. Maybe the OVA will actually be something story related, but I wouldn't really expect much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom