• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I can agree with you on Ohno, but I think Ogiue's whole character revolved around how she likes yaoi, but doesn't want anyone to know about it. Of course she finally gets over that and embraces it. Then there's Ohno's American friends that come over later in the second season.

I actually haven't started the new season yet, so I'm not sure how much of a jump the new anime takes from the end of season 2.

Worth seeing for Hato alone (and most of it is indeed Hato)

cajunator

Banned
They're not just OPs. The third one is from Kids on the Slope for example. Super easy to get since its the cover of My Favourite Things.

EDIT: Oh he says in the comments "Aside from OP/ED themes, there's one insert song and one non-vocal track included"

Thats a great vid. Im not very good at recognizing op/eds though unless they are very distinctive.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 39
Sakura is cute even when she's sick. The big parts for this episode though are that a)
Sakura's brother actually know Sakura is up to something and might actually even know what
b) Shaoran is showing more and more of his dere side.
Wonder how this will pan out.

Cardcaptor Sakura 40
il33XjLVlAY2y.png
iQjBu6V2dVu39.png

This is what I picture Cajun's mind looks like
Another sort of foreshadowing episode, the cast basically start having a fun day out but a clow card looms. It's interesting how much friendlier Meilin has also become. The end of the episode also serves as a sort of recap episode which it does quite effectively.
The real thing that impressed me about this episode though was that it featured some higher than normal quality layouts and the direction overall also seemed tighter. Dunno how much this is because I haven't watched the show in a while though...

Well, it's like a saner version (relatively) of the Kuragehime cast. Actually, right down to the crossdressing lead character. lol

It just feels as if like... I dunno, Two and a Half Men suddenly became Two and a Half Women. Now, maybe that's a bad example because Americans will watch anything, but you know what I mean - it's a fairly significant shift in premise.

Oh I'm sure it has lost fans and has gained new ones, I just don't think it's too different to say that it's completely targeting a different audience.

I think a better analogy for you would be like if Big Bang Theory became about girl nerds trying to get laid instead of boy nerds, if we're sticking to the bad comedy shows.

cnet128

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs5yNykrW6w

man, i can't figure out most of these. i really should watch anime ops and stop skipping them.

Hmmm, let's give this a try.

Kokoro Connect OP (the one that got erased from history forever due to SCANDALS but is still way better than the one they replaced it with >.>)
2. No idea.
My Favourite Things (used as an insert in Sakamichi no Apollon)
4. No idea.
Sword Art Online ED2
Tari Tari OP (best thing about the show)
7. Sounds maybe vaguely familiar, but I can't place it at all.
Natsuiro Kiseki OP (great feelgood tune, after hearing it I kind of miss that anime...)
Chuuni OP (took me way longer to get this one than it should have...)
10. Don't think I recognise this.
11. This sounds kind of familiar but I have no idea where from. Could be just because it's so similar to the one below.
Accel World ED1
13. I have a feeling I should know this one, but I don't.
14. Nope, no idea.
Tari Tari ED
16. What is this? I sure don't know.
Sounds like some jazz or other from Sakamichi no Apollon.

I have one objection to this medley, which is that it doesn't include the Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun ED, which is clearly the best anime theme of 2012.

Bloodlad 2-4[/B

Not sure what I was thinking when I almost skipped this series, it's really entertaining will have to check out the manga once I finish the anime adaptation

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh I'm sure it has lost fans and has gained new ones, I just don't think it's too different to say that it's completely targeting a different audience.

I think a better analogy for you would be like if Big Bang Theory became about girl nerds trying to get laid instead of boy nerds, if we're sticking to the bad comedy shows.
Well, they basically added two women to the cast. Of course, the show is still terrible regardless. lol

Cardcaptor Sakura 40

Another sort of foreshadowing episode, the cast basically start having a fun day out but a clow card looms. It's interesting how much friendlier Meilin has also become. The end of the episode also serves as a sort of recap episode which it does quite effectively.
The real thing that impressed me about this episode though was that it featured some higher than normal quality layouts and the direction overall also seemed tighter. Dunno how much this is because I haven't watched the show in a while though...

Was this the episode where
Shaoran walks into a theater and he sees him confessing to Sakura instead of the movie? I really enjoy how Shaoran is pretty aware of his feelings for Sakura (albeit too embarrassed to actually confess/go further) but doesn't really go back to the more agressive tsun that he was when he was first introduced. I really grew on him as the show went on, what a guy.
Also I wanted to post this again:

Htl2dHm.gif

cajunator

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 39
Sakura is cute even when she's sick. The big parts for this episode though are that a)
Sakura's brother actually know Sakura is up to something and might actually even know what
b) Shaoran is showing more and more of his dere side.
Wonder how this will pan out.

Cardcaptor Sakura 40

My brain does sorta work like that.

Hmmm, let's give this a try.

Kokoro Connect OP (the one that got erased from history forever due to SCANDALS but is still way better than the one they replaced it with >.>)
2. No idea.
My Favourite Things (used as an insert in Sakamichi no Apollon)
4. No idea.
Sword Art Online ED2
Tari Tari OP (best thing about the show)
7. Sounds maybe vaguely familiar, but I can't place it at all.
Natsuiro Kiseki OP (great feelgood tune, after hearing it I kind of miss that anime...)
Chuuni OP (took me way longer to get this one than it should have...)
10. Don't think I recognise this.
11. This sounds kind of familiar but I have no idea where from. Could be just because it's so similar to the one below.
Accel World ED1
13. I have a feeling I should know this one, but I don't.
14. Nope, no idea.
Tari Tari ED
16. What is this? I sure don't know.
Sounds like some jazz or other from Sakamichi no Apollon.

I have one objection to this medley, which is that it doesn't include the Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun ED, which is clearly the best anime theme of 2012.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb ED
EDIT: And after listening to more, 14 is the OP.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This opinion dissuades me from giving you answers, but eleven is clearly the
Joshiraku Ending.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 8-12 [END]

That... was really good. Surprisingly well-plotted for a series that only consisted of 12 episodes. So Madoka basically
became Loli-God, huh?

One thing I wasn't entirely clear on... At the very end of Episode 12, after the credits, what was the deal with
those distorted witch-looking wings that Homura sprouted
?

cnet128

Banned
This just shows that you haven't seen
Joshiraku
and that is just awful.

I'm sorry. I was having trouble keeping up with anime at that point and
Joshiraku
was one of the shows I forced myself to drop after the first episode in order to keep my schedule manageable ~.~ It was a difficult decision.

You haven't seen
Hidamari Sketch (or at least up to Honeycomb)
? How awful!

Hidamari
is right at the top of my backlog, I've even watched the first seven episodes of the first series! It's just that my backlog isn't going anywhere at the moment because Precure is taking up all my backlog time.

I'm sorry. I was having trouble keeping up with anime at that point and
Joshiraku
was one of the shows I forced myself to drop after the first episode in order to keep my schedule manageable ~.~ It was a difficult decision.

Seeing the other shows you got on that list, you chose very unwisely.
You can still fix this wrong!

cajunator

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica 8-12 [END]

That... was really good. Surprisingly well-plotted for a series that only consisted of 12 episodes. So Madoka basically
became Loli-God, huh?

One thing I wasn't entirely clear on... At the very end of Episode 12, after the credits, what was the deal with
those distorted witch-looking wings that Homura sprouted
?

Yeah I put it in my top anime list. Soooo good. Also I think the last part is up for interpretation but
madoka did rewrite all the rules so it could mean anything

cnet128

Banned
Seeing the other shows you got on that list, you chose very unwisely.
You can still fix this wrong!

Eh, the only shows on that list that were airing simultaneously with
Joshiraku
are
Kokoro Connect, SAO, Accel World and Tari Tari
, the first three of which I wouldn't give up for anything. The fourth...maybe wasn't such a great choice, since it was pretty mediocre in the end, but meh. It was worth it for the OP. Or something.

If I was going to give up something from that season in favour of
Joshiraku
in retrospect, it would probably be Natsuyuki Rendezvous.

cajunator

Banned
Joshiraku
are
, the first three of which I wouldn't give up for anything. The fourth...maybe wasn't such a great choice, since it was pretty mediocre in the end, but meh. It was worth it for the OP. Or something.

Joshiraku

Sao was wasted time but otherwise some nice choices. I love Taritari but its not for everybody.
you should revisit Joshiraku. Totally worth it!

Joshiraku
are

Joshiraku

I don't think you quite understand what I was getting at.
Joshiraku
isn't just one of the best shows that season, it was also one of the best shows of the whole year.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 5

LrJUTDi.jpg
zvrk10f.jpg

KIDS SHOW

This is a prime example of where keeping it tsundere goes wrong. Blue thought he was being disowned, dammit Garnet. Well... at least she won the contest to show just how much she really wanted Blue.... right to the point of stripping the police to make a scarf.

Syrinx

Haibane Renmei 4

Interesting how the characters feel about the crows in this show, basically doing everything to keep them away from stuff. I at first was going to make the comparison to Hans Landa's monologue about the rats at the beginning of Inglorious Basterds, but it isn't quite like that. Kana says that if you let the crows get too comfortable around the town, they'll never leave. Which is odd, seeing as how the birds are the only beings allowed to leave the town. Kana claims to feel bad for them, but I also think there's some resentment there, that their wings are able to carry them over the walls of the city and theirs' can't. That the birds are freely able to fly in and out of town and they're stuck there.

I liked the part where Rakka was working with Kana at the clock tower. It is pretty ironic that a girl who works in clocks is so constantly late. And the master there seemed like a nice guy who even though he gets tough with Kana, really cares for her and such.

Jarmel

Banned
Well here is the FMP blu-ray cover or insert art. I'm probably the only person insane enough to buy it on this forum.

FMP_AllStories_BD_Cover.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't even know how people can make it through old episodes of Genshiken.

Gintama Episode 20 – Watch Out for Conveyer Belts!
tumblr_msu6vaBULg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

All these episodes have just one or so parts I like but then become kind of forgettable. Regardless it did deliver more on Gin and Hijikata, Shogo actually the typical hilariously obsessed manner. I will say, I do enjoy quite a few of the characters introduced so far, though probably for reasons different than other viewers. In any event, hope all return once the plot gets going, which based on the chart some fan on twitter sent me...has to be soon.

Branduil

The Big Bang Theory is a psychological experiment to prove that America has gotten so dumb that they'll laugh at literally any joke as long as it has a laugh track running under it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Big Bang Theory is a psychological experiment to prove that America has gotten so dumb that they'll laugh at literally any joke as long as it has a laugh track running under it.

[laughter]

Crap! I've been really enjoying Blood Lad, and now after 10 episodes, it ends with a
"the adventure is only beginning" kind of ending/cliffhanger
?

LordCanti

Uchouten Kazoku 10

For some reason, I still refuse to believe that
Benten was complicit in his father being boiled to the point that she'd just watch it happen. Any Tanuki can transform, and taking that form to keep him from transforming (as they'd previously set up) would make sense. I guess the logic in the show is a bit warped, but I don't think it's warped to the point where Benten would still be able to look Yasaburo in the eye if she had actually done that. If that's actually what happened, I'll be pretty bummed. Scratch that; I'll be crushed. She goes from "I'm going to eat you suckkkaaa" to "Poor thing, you'll be eaten by me" in the span of a couple hours; Either she's got dual personalities, or it wasn't her.

I await the heroic deeds of
Frog Nee-san and Sensei.

Heart of Hearts Precure 31 (demoting Ace)

You know things were nice. Trying to burn a mirror, sink it, seeing everyone you know and love go into a diabetic coma, being complete and utter failures too. All this despair. The commercial break even drained some time from Cure Ace's battery (WHY IS THIS HERE).

Rosetta got some good action in too. Nice she's getting time
Cure Heart suffered, cried because she never understood Cure Sword, Yelled out loud. She was suffering. Things were good until we got to...

The Heart of the Problem

Where once again, I ask you, why in the fuck is her friends there? SHE DOESN'T EVEN NEED THEM TO GET HER HEART IN ORDER!

All she fucking needs to do is clap her face, with enough force to send WIND PRESSURE, and go yeah okay, I'm done, now I'm your teacher ACE! This moment singlehandily ruined EVERYTHING! Where cock sucking goes wrong, because that's all it's doing. The hardship doesn't even sink in for very long, she just goes WELP that's about it, I'll cry to make it look like I actually care (okay I'm exaggerating a bit but really)

Why did they do this? No one else actually gave a fuck, they weren't going oh we understand too, they just stood there. And then they attacked, and gained new stock footage. THEY GOT AN IPAD THAT SHOOTS A DECK OF CARDS, AND THEN HEART SHOOTS A FUCKING CARD THAT LOOKS.... Like they ran out of a budget, jesus christ, that's horrid. Stock footage is really bad for good.

Why is Cure Heart so broken? The fucking directors even admit to pandering to Mana, and keep making her the focal point of their interveiws, it's like WILL MANA... (oh and her illustrious friends) DO THIS? FIND OUT! She even has a movie where she's a WAIFU. Seriously why are the others even there? I can garuntee at this point that high stake episodes don't mean jackshit
Oh and the new villains got killed off by Bel, what's he hiding.

NEXT TIME

We catch Mana in her bed, it's a Rikka episode obviously.

EDIT: I really want to put this under Max Heart.

cajunator

Banned
I feel bad that they compare the two shows. :(

The difference is that Genshiken has human beings while, perhaps ironically, The Big Bang Theory has cartoon characters and is only about the references.

I know nothing of big bang theory. How is it like genshiken at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom