• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makai Ouji - Devils and Realist 10

qdb6mdhl.jpg

Out of every show I'm watching this season, this was the last show I ever expected for it to turn into a Shokugeki no Soma-like episode with food reactions for everyone.

Needless to say, I really enjoyed the cooking battle of this episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dokidoki iPad
9hmZ3t7l.jpg

I kind of wish madp was still around to comment on shit like this, but alas. :(
I find it funny that this show introduced both phones and tablets to little girls. I guess they are starting to realize that kids like mobile computers.

Also, I completely forgot that Regina was part of the show. I wonder when they'll bother to save her. lol
I know nothing of big bang theory. How is it like genshiken at all?
Read that blog. Superficially, they're both shows about nerds who make nerd references.

The Big Bang Theory is a psychological experiment to prove that America has gotten so dumb that they'll laugh at literally any joke as long as it has a laugh track running under it.
[laughter]
So awkward.

My parents love Big Bang Theory :(
Star Wars, amirite? Also, Mario Kart.

santeesioux

So, has anyone watched From Up on Poppy Hill yet? I thought it was pretty good, although i was worried it was going all
Oreimo there with the possible brother-sister thing.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 6

Held this off because it was Doki Doki time. Anywho...

Saphir has a fucking rod to do shit for her, even has Fatty doing work because he slept on the clock. Yami's such a strict teacher though.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 7

Never let a man do a woman's job. Pink clearly is the main protag instead of red. Just needs a slightly longer skirt. New Decostone get! After fighting a giant panda

Syrinx

Heaven's Lost Property 9

Mikako selling guns to children. Lol. I like how Ikaros kept the lie going at the end when she still told her she was a good person, though I kinda hoped to hear her say "No. You are a raging sociopath."

Lol at Ikaros and Nymph watching the DVD together at the end.

santeesioux

I thought the part you mentioned was unnecessary to the main story and was a distraction overall but the movie itself was very good. Definitely a good step above from Goro's previous work.

Yeah, it kind of gives you hope that Studio Ghibli isn't completely doomed with Hayao retiring. I haven't seen any of Goro's other work, but no one seems to like it, and if this movie is anything to go by, he's improving.

zeroshiki

Because I stalk his Twitter, I can point to this explanation, if you want to know.

Thanks.

Its unfortunate that he feels the need to keep up appearances or a reputation or whatever. People gravitate towards the things they like and conversation flows naturally here, I feel. Have people been complaining about content in the thread?

People in general need to stop worrying about their cred. I love Code Geass, for example. If that ruins any future recommendation by me to anyone else, then so be it.

zeroshiki

Yeah, it kind of gives you hope that Studio Ghibli isn't completely doomed with Hayao retiring. I haven't seen any of Goro's other work, but no one seems to like it, and if this movie is anything to go by, he's improving.

Yeah, don't watch Earthsea. Have you seen Arrietty? That's another non-Miyazaki Ghibli production.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, has anyone watched From Up on Poppy Hill yet? I thought it was pretty good, although i was worried it was going all
Oreimo there with the possible brother-sister thing.
It's fine, and there's
no incest.
As a period piece, I quite enjoyed it.

Because I stalk his Twitter, I can point to this explanation, if you want to know.
It's too bad he felt tied to the whole taste and preferences thing. I actually appreciated his knowledge and all that, but I guess that's not what he wanted. It's easier to just ignore the cliques anyway. IRC on the other hand... well, it's what it is. lol

I hope he comes back.

Geneijin

It's too bad he felt tied to the whole taste and preferences thing. I actually appreciated his knowledge and all that, but I guess that's not what he wanted. It's easier to just ignore the cliques anyway. IRC on the other hand... well, it's what it is. lol

I hope he comes back.
He just wanted people to think of him as a different person than his old self really.

Somehow I'm not surprised that this is what led him to stop posting considering how much kept going on in the threads. Nevermind that complaining about what someone was doing in here only increases the activity.

I almost want to watch Precure now, just to understand all the drama bombs it set off.

Uhhh, watching it won't make you understand. It'll make you wonder why there was drama over it. And it was mainly because people were just watching and having a conversation about it, which is somehow a problem.

Damn, I had no idea he felt that way.

Madp, if you're reading this, I can empathize. There was a point where I was self-conscious about what I posted and would hold off on making known my likes and dislikes. At some point, I just stopped caring what a bunch of people on the internet think of me. I have enough to feel self-conscious about in real life, and this isn't one of them.

I also apologize if I was one of the veterans you mentioned. I don't think I've done many drivebys saying stuff like "X show is boring", but of the ones I did, none of them were meant to be taken seriously or undermine the tastes of those that enjoy said shows, even during my watch bet with Envelope over Heartcatch.

Come back soon.

cajunator

Banned
Haibane Renmei 4

Interesting how the characters feel about the crows in this show, basically doing everything to keep them away from stuff. I at first was going to make the comparison to Hans Landa's monologue about the rats at the beginning of Inglorious Basterds, but it isn't quite like that. Kana says that if you let the crows get too comfortable around the town, they'll never leave. Which is odd, seeing as how the birds are the only beings allowed to leave the town. Kana claims to feel bad for them, but I also think there's some resentment there, that their wings are able to carry them over the walls of the city and theirs' can't. That the birds are freely able to fly in and out of town and they're stuck there.

I liked the part where Rakka was working with Kana at the clock tower. It is pretty ironic that a girl who works in clocks is so constantly late. And the master there seemed like a nice guy who even though he gets tough with Kana, really cares for her and such.

The crows are assholes. Complete and total assholes.

I don't even know how people can make it through old episodes of Genshiken.

What? Ohno and oguie of course. But the whole cast was fun.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 3: Right, let me preface this by saying I will not review every episode because I am not insane enough to do that and I kind of want to keep some sort of pace here. Anyway, this was such a frustrating episode to watch because the first part was such a beautiful satirization of modern political war speeches. That was distressingly haunting and reminded me a lot of what I have seen on the televison, right down to a war widow hurling accusations at governmental officials. This episode when right to shit to the point where I could not finish things is the moment they brought out jackbooted thugs in fucking black gas masks. All pretense of subtlety was shattered and quite frankly I have to call bullshit because whatever corruption is found in Western styled democracies or indeed the United States are not in the habit of employing fucking stormtroopers from the god damned Wiemar Republic, complete with dehumanizing black masks to just make sure you KNOW they are the bad guys. Not to mention they completely missed the point of being a shadow army when they are about to beat down a war widow in open daylight and then go and attack HIGH RANKING OFFICERS ONCE AGAIN IN BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT, REGULAR POLITICS DO NOT WORK THIS WAY, YOU FAIL GALACTIC HEROES, YOU FAIL HARD! Yea, I would not have such a problem but the rest of the series has already show me a much higher standard then fucking Yohann Gasmask the Nazi SS Stand In offers.

Syrinx

That really sucks to hear :(. I try not to be one of those people who makes drive-by comments and such. I mean, I've had the urge on a few occasions to say "Hidamari sucks", or something similar about something I don't like, but I don't, cause, well, that wouldn't really be accomplishing anything, and since I'm not really interested in making more robust posts about it, and if people are enjoying talking about it and such, whatever, I'll talk about something different. If my posting has ever been interpreted as this in the past, then I apologize for that.

As for Precure,I think there arguably was Precure overload at some point, but I think that's died down to the point where it really isn't worth getting upset about at all.

Edit: if people are taking this post as me trying to roundabout express dislike for Hidamari or whatever, again, I did not mean it that way and I apologize.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Anime GAF has seen some pronounced changes recently, not just the shifting major poster order and things slowing down, but the language has stopped being so oblique you need a glossary to understand this place, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom