• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
hqefAsx.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Prisma 9-
ibnrqU88znqxXZ.jpg

This character art is straight out of hell. Also looks like Silver Link took a page out of Ufotable's book with CG Bersekah. Why the hell do people insist on playing vocal background tracks over a pep talk? Like what? You play that shit during the action sequences. It's a shame as it's a good song and if they had saved that for the action finale, it might have been great.

Ugh, too much CG but I will say that slide when Ilya entered was boss like a motherfucker. Oh and the new ED is awesome.

Jarmel

Banned
Isn't that picture of Illya from HF?

Yes but they seemingly used scenes from all three PVs. I wouldn't read too much into it. Someone needs to translate the article. Some posters on AS mentioned there is no confirmation of the route but more general info about Ufotable's animation process.

cnet128

Banned
I like The Big Bang Theory but I would never post that here because people might judge me.

Or alternatively, I could just be honest about what I enjoy.

I tend to go for the second option.

Theonik

Was this the episode where
Shaoran walks into a theater and he sees him confessing to Sakura instead of the movie? I really enjoy how Shaoran is pretty aware of his feelings for Sakura (albeit too embarrassed to actually confess/go further) but doesn't really go back to the more agressive tsun that he was when he was first introduced. I really grew on him as the show went on, what a guy.
Also I wanted to post this again:

http://i.imgur.com/Htl2dHm.gif
Cajun.gif
And yes it was that episode. Wonder if he actually grows balls by the end.

My brain does sorta work like that.
I figured as much!

I almost want to watch Precure now, just to understand all the drama bombs it set off.
Just watch HeartCatch. Save yourself the trauma.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/anime/chickengeorgeshitanime.png
the ova didn't even have the best part from the manga. what a scam
The BD actually doubles the length and includes the scene you are talking about iirc. Runs about 50 minutes.

Jintor

You need to hear Madarame to truly understand the desperation.

I think the manga is fantastic, but Madarame's original VA is amazing.

Genshiken is an interesting series to test as being 'intertextual'. From memory most of it is not really about throwing out references to shows (although obviously there are nods; cosplay, doujin titles, games etc.) but the focus is not on these references, but more on the lifestyle and character relationships. Which... on its surface sounds like BBT, come to think of it. From memory, BBT was a lot more obnoxious about its referencing.

...I have no idea what I'm saying.

cajunator

Banned
I thought Arrietty was okay, not a favorite though.

I thought Arietty was one of the most beautiful movies Miyazaki has been a part of. The artwork is stunning at times. Storywise I guess its a bit weak.

If they feel that alienated why do they not start a Percure-GAF Community Thread?

I honestly dont understand why there isnt one. It has a decent fanbase, over a dozen series, and plenty of great fanart. Its easily a candidate for an OT community thread. Why is there such a stigma about it that people are ashamed of liking it? Its super cute, occasionally well written, has dozens of characters to discuss, great music, and is just plain fun. Precure is awesome.

wonzo

Banned
Teekyuu 22

tkyuu22.jpg

the true face of war

Yami Shibai 10

Apparently leper midgets live in those old japanese pit toilets, poor fellas just want some friends. :(

dumbyugi

Nichijou and Steins;Gate are going to be aired on Community TV stations in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide in Australia startting sometime soon. In fact they start in Melbourne on C31 tonight at 11:30. Thanks Madman.
No Brisbane makes me sad though.

-Minsc-

Gintama Episode 20 – Watch Out for Conveyer Belts!
tumblr_msu6vaBULg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

All these episodes have just one or so parts I like but then become kind of forgettable. Regardless it did deliver more on Gin and Hijikata, Shogo actually the typical hilariously obsessed manner. I will say, I do enjoy quite a few of the characters introduced so far, though probably for reasons different than other viewers. In any event, hope all return once the plot gets going, which based on the chart some fan on twitter sent me...has to be soon.

If you like the Shinsengumi there are definitely episodes and arcs focused around them throughout the series.

I'm interested in seeing this mentioned plot chart.

Discussing is hard.
Hard to discuss when 99.9% of those watching are sharing the same opinion

>(DokiDoki Mana is broken as a character and the character balance is innexistant ...also wasted opportunities )
> Max heart animation is better than mushashi gondou most of the time.
> Heartcatch precure is the best saga

Hopefully it's a 'shirou is dead' route. Go original.

Original ??? OK

I seem to recall this FATE STAY NIGHT x NANOHA cross over....

sonicmj1

In Pierrot's name, in honor of our shared love of Imagawa and the 3 episode Sankarea OVA, I've decided to see how Gifu Doudou is. I'll watch it until I don't like it, and then I'll drop it. That's the proper way to watch shows.

Gifu Doudou 1

If you've read anyone else's impressions of this show, you'll know all there is to know about the production values. Since I don't usually tread outside of well-recommended waters, it's a bit jarring for me. Few shows treasure the long pan over still figures looking in the camera's direction the way this show does. And while it's no Kingdom-esque horror show, the less said about the CG the better.

ij0eUurH23AjF.jpg

The color palette doesn't do things any favors sometimes.

That's not why I'm here, anyway. I'm here for Imagawa, and every now and then he makes himself known. And it stirs a fire in my heart that burns with the beauty of righteousness. That's all I can ask for.

ibpz21QVPzVq6t.jpg

Situations that might seem absurd in other hands make perfect, beautiful sense here. The conclusion of the axe scene to open the framing device of the show was the high point of this episode. It reminded me of some early scenes in Giant Robo.

Perhaps the flashes of that feeling won't be enough to pull me deeper than three episodes, but it's nice to feel it again.

i5TMv8xBzNWDe.jpg

There's a lot of "manly auras" and such to show intensity and power without actually having to represent intensity or power in more captivating ways. It'd be nice if this show didn't take so many shortcuts.

Dem racoons
There was that ending where you find out she sits by the well and sobs by herself, so the show/text wants you to at least know that she feels some form of sadness... presumably to garner sympathy. It's that alone that makes me assume that she'll end up saving the day, redeeming herself and punishing the evil raccoons. Bonus points if she martyrs herself, I suppose.

And I know it's irrational, but I just hate her. She knew exactly what she was doing, so she doesn't get to cry and whine about it later.
My only defense is that unlike Breaking Bad crazies, I don't think all the male protagonists are necessarily heroes. :p

I don't see much reason to believe she'll have a redemptive arc. Her sadness adds to her eccentricity, but it doesn't make her sympathetic. It's part of what makes her so alluring and deadly.

If anyone's about to martyr themselves (though I hope it's not so cut-and-dry), it's gonna be Yajirou getting out of his well and doing something. They implied it pretty hard.

Quasar

Eccentric Family 10 - well this is turning to shit for the family. Pretty surprised by the revelation, but it makes some sense. Well the Benton part.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, there have been many members who have just left the anime thread for various reasons and haven't really come back. I suppose that has to happen, but I would hope that people don't feel too alienated here. I mean, it's just cartoons after all.

(I still hate SAO though, sorry kayos).

People generally come and go on forums. Its normal. Not indicative of a decline or problem with the thread.

Prisma 9-
ibnrqU88znqxXZ.jpg

This character art is straight out of hell. Also looks like Silver Link took a page out of Ufotable's book with CG Bersekah. Why the hell do people insist on playing vocal background tracks over a pep talk? Like what? You play that shit during the action sequences. It's a shame as it's a good song and if they had saved that for the action finale, it might have been great.

Ugh, too much CG but I will say that slide when Ilya entered was boss like a motherfucker. Oh and the new ED is awesome.

Character design in this show leaves MUCH to be desired.

Mushibugyo 23

So gorey
Oooka dono's right arm blown off wow!!!

Hilarious closing though
when she tries to tell him that she is the Insect Magistrate but is interrupted yet again. I wonder if he has still yet to realize it even in the manga

cajunator

Banned
Here is Fate/Zero for comparison.

Edit:Speaking of Ufotable, here is the Newtype scan

New design for Shirou!

Niiiice. Still cant believe they are remaking it. Saber looking great as ever.

Nichijou and Steins;Gate are going to be aired on Community TV stations in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide in Australia startting sometime soon. In fact they start in Melbourne on C31 tonight at 11:30. Thanks Madman.
No Brisbane makes me sad though.

Aussies are so lucky :(

index movie question.

why can index 'do stuff'. i thought the whole thing is that she can't 'do stuff' outside of when her self defense mechanism kicks in and then she can 'do stuff'.

magic.

index movie question.

why can index 'do stuff'. i thought the whole thing is that she can't 'do stuff' outside of when her self defense mechanism kicks in and then she can 'do stuff'.

magic.

Index can do stuff ... it's just that she can't do flashy stuff.

What index can do :
1-magic intercept :( cancel spells from the ennemy by outputting magic words in between ) ..it's something few can do and she can do it because she has the freaking library in her head.
2-Magic analysis : Same as before , she analyse magic stuff and give advice mostly to touma
3-sheoal fear : It's an attack that work only on members of the church ( magic side ) and she again use her knowledge to destroy the faith and the mind of her opponent ( not very powerfull outside this)

4-bitting : that infamous attack that always trigger a "FOUKU DA" reaction from touma in a vain attempt at a comedic relief.
5-eating : A no-bottom stomac ( she can eat untill you have no money left or there is no more food in the restaurant )

She also has "John'spen" but touma destroyed that in season 1 so she doesn't have that anymore

Index uses 4& 5 on a daily basis , 1,2 in the movie and she used 3 once in INDEX S2

She can't do a lot of things , heck even her instant magical barrier was destroyed in S1.... she can't can normal spells but she could if her other personality take in or if she was manipulated or if she went berserk by some other means . All she has reallly is an insane amount of knowledge..

In her normal state she can't do stuff besides the above..

Ps: to those who have read the books i know i missed some stuff , but he asked about Index movie ... so i have NOT diclosed everything

duckroll

Top picks:

Kyousogiga (Dunno if CR will be getting this)
Galileidonna (noitaminA, so about 100%)
Samurai Flamenco (noitaminA, so about 100%)
Kill la Kill (Aniplex might have their own translators?)
Valvrave S2 (Probably translated by Aniplex like the first season was)
Gundam Build Fighters (More likely to be on Youtube by Bandai's own contractors)

Pooya

sonicmj1

Top picks:

Kyousogiga (Dunno if CR will be getting this)
Galileidonna (noitaminA, so about 100%)
Samurai Flamenco (noitaminA, so about 100%)
Kill la Kill (Aniplex might have their own translators?)
Valvrave S2 (Probably translated by Aniplex like the first season was)
Gundam Build Fighters (More likely to be on Youtube by Bandai's own contractors)

Agree with the above list.

Kyoukai no Kanata might also be okay, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom