• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if CR will be getting this

Right, I should mention I have no idea what we're actually getting but everyone at least gets a chance to request shows they'd like to work on.

DARK INDUSTRY SECRET: CR is run by people who really do love anime, care about doing a quality job, and treat their staff well.

Theonik

Right, I should mention I have no idea what we're actually getting but everyone at least gets a chance to request shows they'd like to work on.

DARK INDUSTRY SECRET: CR is run by people who really do love anime, care about doing a quality job, and treat their staff well.
I kinda wish Novid wasn't banned right now so he could respond to this :(

Aight I put in for duckroll's list and added everyone else's suggestions to the end. If you guys come through for me we will make this a quarterly tradition.

Tenumi

Banned
So... I can still post Precure impressions, right? Because I have all intentions on finishing this series.

Yes! Precure 5: 06

Finally, the titular five are all together, with the addition of Cure Aqua... which also leads to the most random names of a Precure team. Dream, Rouge, Lemonade, Mint, Aqua. Where's the theme?

Top picks:

Kyousogiga (Dunno if CR will be getting this)
Galileidonna (noitaminA, so about 100%)
Samurai Flamenco (noitaminA, so about 100%)
Kill la Kill (Aniplex might have their own translators?)
Valvrave S2 (Probably translated by Aniplex like the first season was)
Gundam Build Fighters (More likely to be on Youtube by Bandai's own contractors)

Thats not an aniplex one?

cnet128

Banned
So... I can still post Precure impressions, right? Because I have all intentions on finishing this series.

Finally, the titular five are all together, with the addition of Cure Aqua... which also leads to the most random names of a Precure team. Dream, Rouge, Lemonade, Mint, Aqua. Where's the theme?

The theme is that...uh...there are...five of them! >.>

hat_hair

Dream, Rouge, Lemonade, Mint, Aqua. Where's the theme?

I heard somewhere that they were named after a series of perfumes, but I can't verify that.

Love Lab Ep. 10

The Episode sucked big time. Hope the series is not destroyed in its last few Episodes.

It wasn't a great episode, but the big brother stuff and baby Suzu's constant excitement at the doorbell were pretty funny.

jbug617

Banned
First time seeing a full list of Fall shows. These are the shows I'm planning to watch.

Kuroko no Basket S2
Infinite Stratos S2
Super Seisyun Brothers
Hajime no Ippo: Rising
Ace of Diamond
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
Yowamushi Pedal
Samurai Flamenco
Kill La Kill
BlazBlue: Alter Memory
Golden Time
Walkure Romanze

Dragoshi1

Saw the Index movie last night, was pretty good.

I love how nearly 90% of every character in both the Index and Railgun series showed up.

And why was Kuroko in a wheelchair???

inROrIVtcCXef.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
People generally come and go on forums. Its normal. Not indicative of a decline or problem with the thread.
Two people who have made OTs have basically left by the time their OT was closed. I'm just saying, it seems drastic to want to go from making the OT (which I think should just be a pink to the chart or maybe CrunchyRoll's currently airing page :p) and not wanting to be a part of the thread any more.

I don't see much reason to believe she'll have a redemptive arc. Her sadness adds to her eccentricity, but it doesn't make her sympathetic. It's part of what makes her so alluring and deadly.

If anyone's about to martyr themselves (though I hope it's not so cut-and-dry), it's gonna be Yajirou getting out of his well and doing something. They implied it pretty hard.
I guess I just see it the other way, specifically because of that moon scene. I'm assuming that
Yajirou will have a reason to come out of the well and the family will be reunited and cry with each other while they remember the past and their father/husband and so on. I assume Benten will alienate the Friday Fellows by somehow exposing the truth and so on and then lose her position and presumably her power as well.

That's the straight way to play it anyway, but we'll see.

Love Lab 10

It's a bit weird to suddenly switch to the skit show format of disjunct segments after nine episodes of a continuous plot, but I don't mind it as a one-off. It was hit and miss, as skit shows tend to be, but the good segments hit hard. Eno's brother was hilarious, Sugita hamming it up as he does so well, and the dog-bus scene was just bizarre.

93O96EE.jpg

If I had seen this as a kid, I think it would have scarred me for life.

Narag

but novid said

Theme is each color in the cocktail they drank before deciding the names
Saw the Index movie last night, was pretty good.

I love how nearly 90% of every character in both the Index and Railgun series showed up.

And why was Kuroko in a wheelchair???

inROrIVtcCXef.gif
Because of index season 2.
They fought against a foe ... a the battle left her in that state... its not definitive ...she will recover at some point

Jex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 3: Right, let me preface this by saying I will not review every episode because I am not insane enough to do that and I kind of want to keep some sort of pace here. Anyway, this was such a frustrating episode to watch because the first part was such a beautiful satirization of modern political war speeches. That was distressingly haunting and reminded me a lot of what I have seen on the televison, right down to a war widow hurling accusations at governmental officials. This episode when right to shit to the point where I could not finish things is the moment they brought out jackbooted thugs in fucking black gas masks. All pretense of subtlety was shattered and quite frankly I have to call bullshit because whatever corruption is found in Western styled democracies or indeed the United States are not in the habit of employing fucking stormtroopers from the god damned Wiemar Republic, complete with dehumanizing black masks to just make sure you KNOW they are the bad guys. Not to mention they completely missed the point of being a shadow army when they are about to beat down a war widow in open daylight and then go and attack HIGH RANKING OFFICERS ONCE AGAIN IN BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT, REGULAR POLITICS DO NOT WORK THIS WAY, YOU FAIL GALACTIC HEROES, YOU FAIL HARD! Yea, I would not have such a problem but the rest of the series has already show me a much higher standard then fucking Yohann Gasmask the Nazi SS Stand In offers.
While you're right to point out that Legend of the Galactic Heroes has a tendency to forget subtlety and nuance in terms for making some kind of point (see also the shows treatment of religion which I would never have picked up on if not for Hosanna's analysis) I don't think it's entirely accurate to state that thugs associated with political groups don't go around terrorizing people in democracies. "Democracies" actually encapsulate a very broad variety of governments and in some places you can see the actions of thugs play their part see Iraq, Egypt etc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
While you're right to point out that Legend of the Galactic Heroes has a tendency to forget subtlety and nuance in terms for making some kind of point (see also the shows treatment of religion which I would never have picked up on if not for Hosanna's analysis) I don't think it's entirely accurate to state that thugs associated with political groups don't go around terrorizing people in democracies. "Democracies" actually encapsulate a very broad variety of governments and in some places you can see the actions of thugs play their part see Iraq, Egypt etc.

It isn't just that jackbooted thugs in the black masks showed up but it is also they are tied to a politician who is a mere minister of defense and it appears that ties are known. Okay, have your army of thugs publicly maim or kill a war widow who just had an altercation with said politician and failing that try to firebomb ACTIVE MILITARY PERSONNEL all the while claiming to love freedom and The Alliance. This does not happen if for any other reason then that this Defense Minister is so thoroughly fucked politically. I think they were trying to go for the Gestapo here but ended up with the Browncoats, who were the jackbooted street thugs of the Nazi party that had to be destroyed once they ascended to power because they were despised by the power base and the populace.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Blood Blud 10

Well I guess that's that. I mean in the end it's just another one of those stories. Heroine is nothing more than eye candy, the show literally ends with her in her lingere and the other lass, who could have been good, ends up becoming a blushing tsundere predictably. Should note that all the women (not girls) have footballs on their chests instead of breasts.

As for the MC, they kept going on how he's actually a villain rather than a hero because he's a vampire and selfish but quite frankly remove the vampire baggage and it's just another typical anti-hero. I mean one thing you can't describe this show as is thought provoking. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just one of those shows you can switch off and watch, but when they try to pretend it's deeper than it really is I'm just not buying it.

I mean if it got another series I may have enough curiosity to check out the first episode, but the show has sold me enough to bother checking out the manga.

Oh and I saw some felt the art style didn't live up to the source material. Well I'm oblivious to the source and I quite liked the garish colour scheme the show was sporting. Sure there was some very obvious tweening going on, but for the most part it was clean.

Rating: 40DD

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blood Blud 10

Well I guess that's that. I mean in the end it's just another one of those stories. Heroine is nothing more than eye candy, the show literally ends with her in her lingere and the other lass, who could have been good, ends up becoming a blushing tsundere predictably. Should note that all the women (not girls) have footballs on their chests instead of breasts.

As for the MC, they kept going on how he's actually a villain rather than a hero because he's a vampire and selfish but quite frankly remove the vampire baggage and it's just another typical anti-hero. I mean one thing you can't describe this show as is thought provoking. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just one of those shows you can switch off and watch, but when they try to pretend it's deeper than it really is I'm just not buying it.

I mean if it got another series I may have enough curiosity to check out the first episode, but the show has sold me enough to bother checking out the manga.

Oh and I saw some felt the art style didn't live up to the source material. Well I'm oblivious to the source and I quite liked the garish colour scheme the show was sporting. Sure there was some very obvious tweening going on, but for the most part it was clean.

Rating: 40DD

I am so very glad I opted out of this series.

Hard to discuss when 99.9% of those watching are sharing the same opinion

>(DokiDoki Mana is broken as a character and the character balance is innexistant ...also wasted opportunities )
> Max heart animation is better than mushashi gondou most of the time.
> Heartcatch precure is the best saga

Pretty much. No room for discussion. Not enough diversity to make things interesting.

Uhh..... that there's nature involved I guess with the metamorphose and... something. (yes its still okay to post it here).

faridmon

It wasn't a great episode, but the big brother stuff and baby Suzu's constant excitement at the doorbell were pretty funny.

It did have its moment but overall it was disjointed and the jokes felt flat and unnecessarily forced. Why on earth did they use Skit-like presentation?
I just hope its one off.

Yugioh Zexal (uk airing of dub)
My god is Yuma thick as mince. This isn't even fun to watch in a so bad it's good way.

I am interested to see if Yuma's voice is better dubbed or not. Cause good lord is he even more insufferable with that terrible voice of his in the subbed version.

Kamichu 12 (END)

ibvx8fUJD19I2q.jpg

GON' SCRATCH THOSE EARS.

Really glad this show ended on a strong note. This episode portrayed the overall theme of Yurie struggling to be a god while still being a very shy middle-school girl extremely well, especially since she's in a whole new environment for various god-like reasons. Also, I'm sort of glad Uchouten Kazoku doesn't portray tanukis in the lewder, more traditional fashion such as this.

While some episodes were completely absurd and some sort of felt flat, I think Kamichu is still a good show that should be checked out for those who enjoy slice of lifey shows. The concept was a nice change of pace from your typical "girls go to school, girls venture in and around school" ordeal and the cast of characters were also enjoyable (Yurie blush is DA BES). The only real complaints about the show is that the episodes that didn't heavily involve the concept of Yurie being a god were kind of eh, and that sometimes the QUALITY was pretty strong. I'll leave the specials for some other time since I have other animu to attend to.

Jex

It isn't just that jackbooted thugs in the black masks showed up but it is also they are tied to a politician who is a mere minister of defense and it appears that ties are known. Okay, have your army of thugs publicly maim or kill a war widow who just had an altercation with said politician and failing that try to firebomb ACTIVE MILITARY PERSONNEL all the while claiming to love freedom and The Alliance. This does not happen if for any other reason then that this Defense Minister is so thoroughly fucked politically. I think they were trying to go for the Gestapo here but ended up with the Browncoats, who were the jackbooted street thugs of the Nazi party that had to be destroyed once they ascended to power because they were despised by the power base and the populace.
It's not really made clear at this point in the series but the 'democracy' in the Free Planets Alliance is about as corrupt as you can possibly be without being an actual dictatorship. It's like a terrible mix of everything that's wrong with the worst democracies in the world. It's really not that far removed from the kind of things that happens in those places that are basically on the brink in terms of the corruption present in their society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom