• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. I wonder when the already announced third season will air.

I'm almost wondering if it got cancelled because of poor film sales or whatever. That was announced back in January of 2012 and we've heard nothing since. If it was a game, I wouldn't bat an eye, but that seems rarer for anime.

Does anyone know when Blood Lad got announced in relation to when its airing schedule was made public? That was also pretty long IIRC.

I'm almost wondering if it got cancelled because of poor film sales or whatever. That was announced back in January of 2012 and we've heard nothing since. If it was a game, I wouldn't bat an eye, but that seems rarer for anime.

Does anyone know when Blood Lad got announced in relation to when its airing schedule was made public? That was also pretty long IIRC.

I found this

http://www.moetron.com/2011/05/18/blood-lad-anime-announcement/

Sounds like it was summer 2011 almost 2 years ago

Blood Lad was announced to be getting an anime in production in May 2011...Then in 2012 it was said it would be a 2013 anime, and then in the spring 2013 it was announced it would air summer 2013.

Well damn. That indeed sounds rather long time when it comes to anime announcements. Well I am still having some random hopes about Gundam SEED movie that was announced 7 years ago lol.

cnet128

Banned
Stella C3-bu 11

i8jwdtdoP4zbI.png

The resolute strategist who shoots from the heart! Cure Scorpion!

Recent chapters in the manga are sadder. Shit got really real.

It is greatest tragedy in the disquise of an ecchi comedy

Baccano 1-5
I watched yesterday dubbed but decided to at least watch 1st episode subbed and I think in this case, dubbed > subbed. As for the impressions of the show itself, I found it very interesting especially the immortality thing and how they all connect. The jumping between different times is a little disorienting though. Also, at the end of episode 5,
I did not expect that train ghost thing to be real. Really surprising

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 10
That was good finale. Miyu was also hilariously cruel in the end. Looking forward to 2wei.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished watching Fate/kaleid liner prisma illya. I've seen Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero before, but I only found out about this one randomly browsing crunchy roll. I'm glad I watched, it turned out to be a great show. Now I'm looking forward to season 2. :)

yami4ct

Well damn. That indeed sounds rather long time when it comes to anime announcements. Well I am still having some random hopes about Gundam SEED movie that was announced 7 years ago lol.

Well, the SEED film got held up by the fact one of the major production staff came down with a very serious illness and was hospitalized for a long time. It's something that's going to happen eventually. Japan's enduring love of Jesus Yamato is far too strong.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Le Chevalier D'Eon 23

Oh, for fucks sake. You didn't even
run when the dude was dragging a sword your way
and they didn't even get to the OP yet. SMFH.

Some really bizarre character shifts we're seeing. Maximilian is now on Robin and D'Eon's side? I suppose that's because they're going after the king now but still. He's spent the entire series it seems playing enemy mastermind. I wouldn't trust him Robin, but would you rather have two enemies? Idk.

Man this show has me so fucking lost right now. I just want them to kill Louis so we can be done.

Jex

[Space Battleship Yamato 2199] - 18

A good episode, as usual. It was a good combination of exciting and implausible.

On the character front it feels like they don't have a place for the hot-shot pilot Akira. I mean, besides love-triangles that never really felt like love triangles to begin with I don't know where she can really go as the story develops. I get the feeling that she's just going to be paired up with some side character and shovelled off to the side.

cajunator

Banned
Sora no Otoshimono S1+S2+Movie
Sora+no+Otoshimono+Forte+-+03+-+Large+Snapshot+03.jpg

Well that was a lot of panties and boobs. I must say I had fun. Some great comedy episodes. Movie was kinda weird though. Maybe the most sudden change in tone I have seen in a while. It was actually pretty damn sad.

That picture very accurately sums up SnO

Stella C3-bu 11

The resolute strategist who shoots from the heart! Cure Scorpion!

Thats an awesome Cure idea!

[Space Battleship Yamato 2199] - 18

A good episode, as usual. It was a good combination of exciting and implausible.

On the character front it feels like they don't have a place for the hot-shot pilot Akira. I mean, besides love-triangles that never really felt like love triangles to begin with I don't know where she can really go as the story develops. I get the feeling that she's just going to be paired up with some side character and shovelled off to the side.

I thought she helps to develop one of the other guys in her flight department as well as serve as an outlet for Kodai to express emotions.

Syrinx

Amazing Twins PV

Original Work/Director: Junichi Sato (Princess Tutu, Kaleido Star)
Script/Story Cooperation: Mari Okada (Hanasaku Iroha, Ano Hana)
Character Design: Takehito Harada (Disgaea)
Animation Character Design/Unit Director: Fumitoshi Oizaki (Kaleido Star)
Chief Animation Director: Ikuko Ito (Princess Tutu)
Color Design: Kunio Tsujita (Kaleido Star)
Art Director: Shigeru Morimoto (Before Green Gables)
Director of Photography: Takeo Ogiwara (Princess Tutu)
Editing: Aya Hida (Kaleido Star)
Music: Conisch (Mardock Scramble)
Animation Production: Encourage Films

Got around to watching this. Looks cool.

Naruto Shippuden 330

That Tailed Beast song from Naruto is quite catchy.

The inner thoughts from everyone (excluding Tenten) was pretty sweet. Glad to see they gave Neji an actual appearance early on, considering he was left out during that moment.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Count of Monte Cristo 23

More mecha time. Yeah yeah. And this much, much better than first match.

And honestly I thought the tone was rather steady but slow throughout most of the show, but now we're in high gear and shit's good. This was easily the best episode in the series, and there's only one more left, so I guess we'll see.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 9

So one day we make an egg of nine flavors... and then attempt to clone it, only to make a chick clone of Kiichi, and name it Kijiro, a much faster version. It didn't actually turn out to be a "I'm not needed anymore" episode, but instead, it became a everyone became fat because they kept eating... and then Kijiro had a heart attack that lasted for 10-12 days.

Why? Because the gang decided to go get a magic bean to cure him, but every two days, someone traveled to see what's wrong, only to find out that everyone ate the beans and became Kirbies. But hey, Kijiro is now a chicken! And he can fly! How the fuck does that work?

The kicker to this whole episode is that it took Opal 10-12 fucking days just to tell Coal about what happened at the 4th decostone.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 1

You shouldn't be allowed to have that many feels in the first few minutes of the first episode.

Anyway, leaving that baby with Doremi and basically leaving the future of the Magical Kingdom in her hands sounds preposterously stupid and reckless, but...okay, it's the queen's decision. Hehe, she peed on her twice. Is she gonna do that every time Onpu asks to hold her?

New transformation sequences are much better than the old ones.

Ojamajo Doremi # 1

You shouldn't be allowed to have that many feels in the first few minutes of the first episode.

Anyway, leaving that baby with Doremi and basically leaving the future of the Magical Kingdom in her hands sounds preposterously stupid and reckless, but...okay, it's the queen's decision. Hehe, she peed on her twice. Is she gonna do that every time Onpu asks to hold her?

New transformation sequences are much better than the old ones.

Whooo you started.

Again as a reminder, grab a tissue box you'll need em.

cnet128

Banned
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 9

If I had to eat the same thing every day for a year? Hmmmmmmm...

Chicken tikka masala.

(Also, thanks to gratuitous references, I have now become aware of the fact that Kitakubu and Watamote are serialised in the same web magazine. Gangan Online is taking over anime confirmed.)

EDIT: Also also, there was something adorably rapey (if that makes sense...) about this shot of non-chibi Natsuki towering over chibi-Sakura.

Danganronpa: The Animation Episode 11 Not Normal Arc: The Junk Food of Despair for Racing Through Youth

]That was an interesting turn out, was crying when they had Naeg's on trial for the murder and then when Alter Ego showed up, slightly better until he was still in despair at the bottom Good writing

Curious where this end. I think the person doing this if he was the one that also did DeSu2 really does have a good grasp on doing emotion

jman2050

Love Lab 11

Maki on fire this episode with her delusions and insane love logic. Riko is still the best. I'm not sure, is there one or two more episodes after this?

Oh boy, this is going to be fun:

love lab 11
this show is just trying to do too much. there's the pile of lies riko is sitting on that can only collapse, the weird newspaper thing, the love lab requests, student council operations, the weird familial side stuff, and the actual interactions the girls have with boys. love lab isn't particularly good at balancing between them, and all the time futzing around has left no opportunity for any singular path to really play out.

rip.

This is a really baffling post for what is essentially a 4koma comedy adaptation. The reason for anything to happen the way it does is because "it's funny" and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't really need any other justification besides that.

Well, no, that isn't true either, intentional or not, the chemistry and framing between Riko and Maki is such where I have seen non-yuri fans call out and expected the two leads to hook up. Indeed this would be a much better romance anime if that occurred but I don't think this show would be nearly as funny either. It really is a grand paradox.

It's not really a paradox, the personalities and relationships of the characters are all pretty explicit. I really don't think Maki and Riko have any romantic chemistry at all, and I don't really think there was ever meant to be any. Then again, I'm not the type of person who conflates every display of loyal camaraderie to a romantic context like some people in this thread apparently do...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This is a really baffling post for what is essentially a 4koma comedy adaptation. The reason for anything to happen the way it does is because "it's funny" and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't really need any other justification besides that.
Love Lab isn't funny enough to pass itself off completely as a comedy.

jman2050

Love Lab isn't funny enough to pass itself off completely as a comedy.

Eh, I certainly think it is, but then good comedy is somewhat subjective from person to person.

All I want is for people to call a spade a spade and not project their own expectations against what a show is actually doing. Love Lab is a comedy that tries to inject some drama at times, and for me it excels at the former, not so much at the latter but not to the point of being a major issue.

cajunator

Banned
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku 9

If I had to eat the same thing every day for a year? Hmmmmmmm...

Chicken tikka masala.

(Also, thanks to gratuitous references, I have now become aware of the fact that Kitakubu and Watamote are serialised in the same web magazine. Gangan Online is taking over anime confirmed.)

EDIT: Also also, there was something adorably rapey (if that makes sense...) about this shot of non-chibi Natsuki towering over chibi-Sakura.

Yea I could eat Indian food every day if I had to.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 2

Doremi's mother sure was quick to just say "Okay, take care of a baby for a whole year". But damn, that conversation at the end...you don't hear mothers telling their daughters about how they contemplated suicide before they were born in kids' shows very much.

Anyway, that's one troublemaking baby.

But who cares, next episode is Pop episode! Woooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom