• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

Girls > boys!
iWs0Ml1RBr2Ew.PNG

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2137112

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 10

What I was getting out of that story was that Nobuko is hot for Aiko. Confirmed at the end. I think.

Lurky

Love Lab 10

Oh god this episode was soooo cute! Eno-bro is a fucking awesome guy and Suzu is way too cute. I love the way Eno interacts with her older brother. Hopefully the two of them get more screen time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Syrinx

Well Aiko never expresses interest in dudes, and Aiko is her first real friend, sooooooo

It's real according to Hitokage

Well, she's in fourth fuck grade, so not expression interest in dudes is understandable. But if Hito says it, then okay.

Well, she's in fourth fuck grade, so not expression interest in dudes is understandable. But if Hito says it, then okay.

Well they're not exactly written as 4th graders considering the amount of shit that goes on.

That and you have kids expressing interest in each other.

Syrinx

Well they're not exactly written as 4th graders considering the amount of shit that goes on.

That and you have kids expressing interest in each other.

True. Though I didn't say fourth graders don't show interest in each other, just that they're still at an age where it's understandable if they don't.

Andrew J.

It's weird looking at anime sales after getting used to game sales in the Media Create threads. A ~30k debut week would be considered incredibly poor for all but the most niche titles.

Phi Brain 11

So Erina used to be an idol, but had no talent so she solved puzzles and became a puzzle idol... huh

Then she makes a tv show where she's a hero who makes puzzles that monsters try to solve to get treasure...

Love the crazy super hero outfits for all the characters this episode

It was nice to finally have all 5 title users together for a philosopher's puzzle it only took 11 episodes

It's weird looking at anime sales after getting used to game sales in the Media Create threads. A ~30k debut week would be considered incredibly poor for all but the most niche titles.

Among other reasons, there are plenty of ways to watch anime without buying discs (TV, DVR, streaming, rental), but not so much with games. The anime retail market is a collectors market.

jbug617

Banned
Dog & Scissors 12

Of course the show ends like this. The show was a decent watch, it didn't do anything great but I enjoy the MC being a dog.

Inu To Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 12 [end]

Inu%20to%20Hasami%20wa%20Tsukaiyou%20-%2012_01.jpg

Those are ...spell words !!!

Trully Masochist Editor-san was the best girl of this show ...there is like no contest
Inu%20to%20Hasami%20wa%20Tsukaiyou%20-%2012_02.jpg

What a needlessly jauge.

Anyway the episode was classic on many parts , with the occasional nonsense here and there. Even after this ending, i still don't know what the show wanted to convey and i really don't care ..in the end it was crazy and refreshing in a way ...

Pessimist-san was also very cool , even if she was predictable... in the end teh casting was great , except the sister of the MC ..her curry antics and running jokes didn't do it for me.

duckroll

It's not really a valid comparison though. To own an anime TV series on DVD or Blu-ray would generally cost hundreds of dollars, and each volume containing just 2-3 episodes costs 70-90 dollars on its own. A game typically only costs 50-80 dollars and is a complete product.

Let's look at manga for example. Each volume of manga is about 3 bucks for 200+ pages. It's cheap and affordable. So if you compare the sales of manga to games, you'll find that the average popular manga sells hundreds of thousands of copies, which is more than the average game. The more popular series sell a million or more per volume, which is a rarity in games these days.

Success is generally a gauge of return in investment as well. Games cost a lot of money to make, so they need to sell more. Additionally the only avenue of profit for games is by selling the game. If a game sells 30k at 60 bucks, that's 1.8 million dollars at retail. Not a lot of money. If a 6 volume anime series sells 30k per volume, that's easily 14-15 million dollars at retail.

True. Though I didn't say fourth graders don't show interest in each other, just that they're still at an age where it's understandable if they don't.

True, although I don't know how she acts about it in the Light novels, but I'm not at the point where I should look at that stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Only one I thought was really stupid so far is Maria. The rest are just vessels of action and amazing weapon design.
The entire evil gang, really. The whole "bad guy turned hero" thing needs to stop, because it's not interesting any more.

Even the heel turn in the latest episode was pretty derpy.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 5

The show is pretty dumb, juvenile, and trope filled, but I feel it's doing with such a self-aware grin sometimes coupled with some killer CG action. Show's a blast.

Well For Fall i'm watching :

• Tokyo Ravens
  • Walkure romance
  • Infinite stratos 2
  • Magi 2 first episode ( will decide then if i'll give a second chance to this )
  • Galilei Donna
  • That pro wrestler anime
  • OUtbreak company
  • Blazblue
  • kyoukai no kanata
  • Unbreakable machine doll
  • Nagi no asukara
  • Arpeggio
  • Sword art online 2 ...i mean Log horizon
  • Strike the blood ( but i'm not holding my hopes for this one )
  • Yozakura quartet reboot
  • golden time
  • THAT Flamenco anime first episode for the laugh
  • Coppellio
  • Kill LA Kill
  • Kyousougiga

AS you see i don't plan on watching much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom