• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

From 2ch:

BD
*2 17444 Free! Vol 1
*3 14489 Dragonball Movie LE
*5 *5659 Dragonball Movie
12 *1227 Index Movie
19 **901 Attack on Titan
20 **863 Anohana Box

DVD
*5 13534 Dragonball Movie
*6 10857 Free!
*7 10791 Dragonball Movie LE
12 *2556 Usavich
13 *2471 Totoro

Apparently, vol2 and vol3 of Free! comes with concert/event tickets or something too so it will probably sell more.

Repost for new page for the 50ppp master race.

wonzo

Banned
Chuu2's secret best ending.
Definitely the most fleshed out relationship of the series.

chuu27a.jpg

KyoAni is so Free! right now.
Free! from the Nichijou and Tamako Market debts. The Yakuza will have a few less door stops to make now.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 6

Yeah that's first half is hitting close to home just a touch.

Also, lap-steel driven country/folk in my mecha anime? Yeah sure, I'm okay with this actually.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 11

Hated the ending to this episode. The whole time I thought the episode would end in Hadzuki's mom learning that trying to relive her childhood through Hadzuki was wrong and bad for her daughter. Instead it ends in Hadzuki apologizing to her mother despite not doing anything wrong at all and agreeing to continue taking lessons in Japanese dance when she didn't want to, just to indulge her pathetic mother, who was the one in the wrong the whole time. I understand she had an unhappy childhood, but the way she puts the burden of that on Hadzuki is fucked up, and she needed to be called on it, probably by Baaya. She was the one in the wrong, not Hadzuki. And yet, Hadzuki is going to keep pretending to like her clothes and pretending to enjoy traditional Japanese dance lessons, just so she doesn't have to feel bad for something that isn't her fault.

Maybe that last scene with her and Hana was there to drive home this point. "Like mother, like daughter". Hana hates the bib, but Hadzuki's making her wear it cause she made it and she likes it, treating her the same way her mother treats her. But still, I'm just coming away...sad.

Ojamajo Doremi # 11

Hated the ending to this episode. The whole time I thought the episode would end in Hadzuki's mom learning that trying to relive her childhood through Hadzuki was wrong and bad for her daughter. Instead it ends in Hadzuki apologizing to her mother despite not doing anything wrong at all and agreeing to continue taking lessons in Japanese dance when she didn't want to, just to indulge her pathetic mother, who was the one in the wrong the whole time. I understand she had an unhappy childhood, but the way she puts the burden of that on Hadzuki is fucked up, and she needed to be called on it, probably by Baaya. She was the one in the wrong, not Hadzuki. And yet, Hadzuki is going to keep pretending to like her clothes and pretending to enjoy traditional Japanese dance lessons, just so she doesn't have to feel bad for something that isn't her fault.

Maybe that last scene with her and Hana was there to drive home this point. "Like mother, like daughter". Hana hates the bib, but Hadzuki's making her wear it cause she made it and she likes it, treating her the same way her mother treats her. But still, I'm just coming away...sad.

I think this is the main reason why I got emotional in this episode, because instead of finally situating this whole ordeal, she effectively doomed herself to become like her mother.

Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 02

Nhfxv8Vl.jpg

ARE YOU ACTUALLY IMOUTO?

Besides that, I did have some amusement of seeing Hayate get beaten to a non-bloody plump and the evolution of the sportscasters.

Syrinx

I think this is the main reason why I got emotional in this episode, because instead of finally situating this whole ordeal, she effectively doomed herself to become like her mother.

What pisses me off is that Baaya's all like "Your mother just doesn't want you to have to live the same childhood she had", when in reality, she was being exactly like her own mother, forcing her child into these sorts of things and stripping them of the courage to tell them "I'm not happy." And then when she realized Hadzuki wasn't happy, she went and cried in her room, making her daughter feel horrible for hurting her mother. And it wasn't her fault; nothing was her fault. Her mother should have been apologizing to her. Instead she goes and acts like the pathetic child she is.

What pisses me off is that Baaya's all like "Your mother just doesn't want you to have to live the same childhood she had", when in reality, she was being exactly like her own mother, forcing her child into these sorts of things and stripping them of the courage to tell them "I'm not happy." And then when she realized Hadzuki wasn't happy, she went and cried in her room, making her daughter feel horrible for hurting her mother. And it wasn't her fault; nothing was her fault. Her mother should have been apologizing to her. Instead she goes and acts like the pathetic child she is.

You can say this event is one of those moments where someone is falling down the ranks, because god damn, this was a pretty severe blow to her character
and this isn't the last time that this is mentioned either

But it's like... you know, she is a kid, and it's pretty damn difficult to actually confront your parents on things considering they can effectively guilt trip you, so doing so might make you feel like an even bigger jackass.

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 22

Uso berating people he kills like it is their fault.
Uso claiming he isn't a soldier when he's taken part in numerous military engagements for the League Militaire and pilots their MS constantly and treats it like it is his property.
Junko and Marbet arguing about how they feel about Uso.
Junko "punishing" Uso by smothering his face in her cleavage.

Victory Gundam. Thank goodness their was some combat in this episode or else I'd have my suspicions about this whole thing.

I can see why Kamille had ladies climbing on his dick by the millions. I can see how Judau magically seduced Haman Khan. I can accept that psychic powers make you a sex god in Gundam's metaverse. But I'll be damned if Uso isn't the dweebiest example possible.

Syrinx

You can say this event is one of those moments where someone is falling down the ranks, because god damn, this was a pretty severe blow to her character
and this isn't the last time that this is mentioned either

But it's like... you know, she is a kid, and it's pretty damn difficult to actually confront your parents on things considering they can effectively guilt trip you, so doing so might make you feel like an even bigger jackass.

My last sentence is referring to her mother if I didn't make that clear. Again, Hadzuki didn't do anything wrong. It would have been nice to see her summon the courage to stand up to her mother, but it's her mother's responsibility to look out for Hadzuki and help her do what's best for her. And she failed. Just failed.

Goddamn, few things piss me off more than parents desperately trying to live the lives they never had through their children without taking one fucking second to think about them. Borders on child abuse.

Edit: fuck it's three in the morning and I'm mad as hell now. Get fucked, Hadzuki's mom.

My last sentence is referring to her mother if I didn't make that clear. Again, Hadzuki didn't do anything wrong. It would have been nice to see her summon the courage to stand up to her mother, but it's her mother's responsibility to look out for Hadzuki and help her do what's best for her. And she failed. Just failed.

Goddamn, few things piss me off more than parents desperately trying to live the lives they never had through their children without taking one fucking second to think about them. Borders on child abuse.

There is a comment that I have on this to reference something else, but I'll leave that to the # movie and episode 40 (in that exact order). Actually, I'm having a bit of difficulty of where Onpu's mother plot took place in.

Actually... Jeez... A bit difficult. Yeah, Hazuki's mother isn't that good I guess, and I'm not sure if it'll ever get better if Hitokage had his say on this.

Theonik

Let's take a moment to remember a relevant quote by a recently retired master:
Weird part is I actually agree with him.

Girls might be less inclined/tech savvy than standard otaku?
I think it's also that a large portion of Fujoshis buy disks just to get event tickets and such so it just works out cheaper that way if you buy DVD.

Muromi OVA

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/anime/muromiova.jpg

Hrm, I'd like to say this would've been better if it was only half as long but I doubt it would've saved this nonsesical shite from itself. At least it was really nicely animated.
I actually think that it being normal length would have done wonders to save this OVA. IT being nonsensical wouldn't have been a problem had it not begun to outlive its welcome.

Syrinx

There is a comment that I have on this to reference something else, but I'll leave that to the # movie and episode 40 (in that exact order). Actually, I'm having a bit of difficulty of where Onpu's mother plot took place in.

Actually... Jeez... A bit difficult. Yeah, Hazuki's mother isn't that good I guess, and I'm not sure if it'll ever get better if Hitokage had his say on this.

Just so I know now, when does the # movie take place? At what point should I watch it?

zeroshiki

Soundscan tends to overestimate a bit, probably looking at around 23k BD+DVD from Oricon.

As with game sales tracking, there is no "one" correct tracker. Soundscan and Oricon both have their methodologies.

In Free's case, according to 2ch Oricon is also more liable to track in-store sales which apparently fujoshi anime do stronger in.

Got a really weird question.
I saw a (bad)cosplay earlier and it got me wondering.

Has there ever been an anime or manga with a female exchange student who has to wear a school swimsuit with a name tag?

Just so I know now, when does the # movie take place? At what point should I watch it?

The Sharp Movie is rather interesting, because episode 37 actually references the movie, but the reference makes no sense because the movie's ending leads straight into episode 40. Plus the reference is throwaway.

Watch the movie after finishing 39, but before episode 40 since it's canon. And it's only slightly longer than a normal episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got a really weird question.
I saw a (bad)cosplay earlier and it got me wondering.

Has there ever been an anime or manga with a female exchange student who has to wear a school swimsuit with a name tag?
Isn't wearing a nametag on the swimsuit quite common in anime and manga exchange student or not?

Syrinx

The Sharp Movie is rather interesting, because episode 37 actually references the movie, but the reference makes no sense because the movie's ending leads straight into episode 40. Plus the reference is throwaway.

Watch the movie after finishing 39, but before episode 40 since it's canon. And it's only slightly longer than a normal episode.

Sounds odd but okay.

MarkusRJR

Oh sweet this Fall has tons of semi-interesting and legitimately interesting shows. After not enjoying this Summer I hope most don't disappoint...
They probably will.

All I really want is Valvrave season 2.

jediyoshi

BD
17444 Free! Vol 1

DVD
10857 Free!
UtHP8Hv.gif

Watamote 11

5n3ytyI.png

Still not a fan of whenever she's talking to classmates and it's incoherent mumbling. Always comes across as more of a joke you're supposed to laugh at as opposed to being some kind of empathy builder. Especially in those moments when life is "playing" more fairly to her.

It's like if the scenes in Charlie Brown where Lucy picks the football back up were somehow done to make you laugh directly at Charlie.

The show still shines whenever it has its more quiet, introspective moments of her dealing with her solitude like towards the end of the episode. Other high points are when she's dealing with another actual character, like Yu this time around, and having valid attempts at a goal. The committee chairman character just reminds me what a waste it is they never really try building up a cast.

Also,
boo no fake mugi

Articalys

Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

25,726 *1 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*6,438 *2 Danganronpa: The Animation [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [BD]: 2013/09/04

So yeah. Higher end of the estimate range. Plus everything from Kyoani Shop (and elsewhere) that Oricon doesn't count.
15,517 BD, 10,209 DVD via something.

Dresden

Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

25,726 *1 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*6,438 *2 Danganronpa: The Animation [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/28
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/30
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [DVDBOX+BD]: 2013/09/04

So yeah. Higher end of the estimate range. Plus everything from Kyoani Shop (and elsewhere) that Oricon doesn't count.
15,517 BD, 10,209 DVD via something.

iFduszp6Z1ymk.gif

Articalys

Oh hey, something is quick with the list today. Then again it was a small week without much new on sale.
Code:
2013 09/09~09/15 Anime BD List
*1 (***) --- 17,944 *17,944 **1 Dragonball Z Kami to Kami LE
*2 (***) --- 15,517 *15,517 **1 Free! v1
*3 (***) --- *5,877 **5,877 **1 Dragonball Z Kami to Kami RE
*4 (***) *12 *1,098 *39,975 **3 To Aru Majutsu no Index Endymion no Kiseki LE
*5 (***) *49 **,869 **8,124 **4 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. BD Box LE
*6 (***) *21 **,817 *34,439 **4 Shingeki no Kyojin v2
*8 (***) *44 **,611 *47,822 **9 Shingeki no Kyojin v1
*9 (***) *48 **,561 391,419 *21 Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q (Evangelion 3.33)
10 (***) **4 **,548 **8,910 **2 Hataraku! Maou-sama v3
Code:
2013 09/09~09/15 Anime DVD List
*1 (***) --- 14,262 **,14,262 **1 Dragonball Z Kami to Kami RE
*2 (***) --- 12,298 **,12,298 **1 Dragonball Z Kami to Kami LE
*3 (***) --- 10,209 **,10,209 **1 Free! v1
*5 (***) **9 *2,306 1,212,276 612 My Neighbor Totoro
*8 (***) *28 *1,372 *,516,791 558 Kiki's Delivery Service
*9 (***) *27 *1,334 2,389,115 423 Spirited Away
11 (***) *31 *1,204 *,361,118 361 Princess Mononoke
15 (***) *34 **,892 *,661,368 383 Naussica of the Valley of the Wind
16 (***) *39 **,843 *,774,237 547 Castle in the Sky
18 (***) *43 **,708 *,194,838 224 Porco Rosso
20 (***) *80 **,619 *,*58,219 *12 ONE PIECE Film Z RE
23 (***) *55 **,572 *,*18,235 **4 Shingeki no Kyojin v2
28 (***) --- **,506 *,*27,868 **9 Shingeki no Kyojin v1
29 (***) *46 **,504 *,*19,312 **4 ONE PIECE Log Collection "Rookies" 
30 (***) *85 **,497 *,912,860 126 Ponyo
Of course next week a whopping SEVEN Summer show v1's arrive to make up for it. Though most of them are going to crater into the ground hard.

If you don't want to add up all those DBZ numbers the overall total across all versions is 50,381.

Also, Attack on Titan volume 1 finally got barely bumped over the 75,000 total mark.

Random number fact: the combined lifetime sales total of all the Ghibli movies listed in this week's DVD chart is just over 7 million.

cnet128

Banned
Unbreakable Machine-Doll PV3 with a preview of Hitomi Harada's OP song "Anicca":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rNH7VRcww

As well as character PVs for Yaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAZGIqrj5o

and Charlotte:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ40dEIwxlY

CG looks stupid but show looks like it might be fun overall.

Yeah, those are Ruroo character designs all right. The general face-shapes and expressions look like they stepped straight out of OreShura. Which is a good thing because I kind of love that style.

Mini-dragon on the shoulder just makes me think of Pina from SAO, though.

Quasar

Well For Fall i'm watching :

AS you see i don't plan on watching much.

Heh.

Looking anichart, I'll at least be starting;:

• Coppelion
  • Kyoukai no Kanata
  • Nagi no Asukara
  • IS 2
  • Golden Time
  • Freezing Vibration
  • Log Horizon
  • Walkure Romanze
  • Yozakura Quartet
  • Gingitsune
  • Non Non Biyori
  • Valvrave 2
  • Samurai Flamenco
  • Galilei Donna

Plus a bunch of OVAs like the Chihayafuru one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom