• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Watamote 10

What the hell? They're not even trying to make it funny anymore! It's just her doing sad things and being a sad person but without the comedy sprinkled all over it now. =[

Wait for next episode. Its a much more upbeat and even sweet episode. I loved it.

fHl4p0E.png

And so the cycle continues.

The lengths you will go for your goddess.

I didn't really find too much of it to be cringeworthy (except maybe that part about her virginity being taken in one of the first episodes), but it was more a matter for me of knowing what I was supposed to find funny, and just not.

Its not cringeworthy. Its just seeing oneself in earlier years through a mirror. Its a good reflection of how some peoples lives actually are and a good introspective for those who didnt live that way. Its also very very cute.

cajunator

Banned
Fun things are fun

True things are true!

Genshiken Nidaime 09

MUSOU Cosplay?

Xillia Cosplay?

Meruru Cosplay?

This show has it all!

Also, EVERYTHING I DRAW TURNS INTO BL!

This show has turned out to be incredibly entertaining. A worthy successor to the original show.

Cat Soup

I liked the director's commentary

I guess this was the "good" Yuasa

Yes. I especially love how he drew a bird with a sky in it "just because".

sonicmj1

Aoi Bungaku - Kokoro 1 & 2

Since these were aired back to back, I figured I should discuss them together.

Kokoro was written by Natsume Soseki, and is Japan's best-selling novel of all time. This story was directed by Shigeyuki Miya, whose direction credits include Buzzer Beater, a sports anime I've never heard of (the synopsis says that it follows humans playing against aliens in the near future), this story, the Supernatural anime, and Blood Lad.

The first half is a straight adaptation of the novel. The pacing feels a little hurried here, but the story survives intact. Even after seeing this, it's a story I'd like to read. The protagonist, Sensei is well-off and intelligent, but aimless and insecure. His relationship with K, an imposing, determined, and impoverished spiritual aesthetic that he takes into his lodging, has a lot of dimension to it. When K begins to fall for the landlady's daughter, Sensei feels betrayed by someone he thought he knew, but he doesn't have the emotional force to change anything. K's morals turn out to be more flexible than Sensei thought, but he's also determined to follow through on what he sets his mind to, and he bristles under the thought that someone as well-off as Sensei can try to keep his only desire from him. The character drama is compelling, even if K's exaggerated size is sometimes a little too on-the-nose.

iASXbooByqQuI.jpg

This was a shot I liked. Contrasting Sensei speaking in the shadows with K out in the sun was a nice way of showing their different perceived moral states.

ibhjRohAUi6IFk.jpg

I love how umbrellas are used in this shot. It makes the significance of Sensei stepping aside even clearer.
NTR! NTR!

The second episode, on the other hand, is insulting. For some reason, Miya thought it'd be a good idea to "retell the story from K's perspective". To emphasize the change in perspective, he changes the season. The first episode is set in the summer, and the second is in the winter. The brighter, more colorful palette of the first part changes to a colder, flatter blue. I thought that part, at least, worked.

il6rXm5QUv4Bv.jpg
iGqmYJG9Qcsw5.jpg

Here's one example to show the contrast.

Everything else was worthless. The only commentary it provides on the original work is to make painfully explicit aspects that were already clear enough for anyone remotely attentive (Shocking News! K is not a villain!). Beyond that, it completely betrays the characterizations that made Soseki's story so great. K becomes some tortured Romeo, with none of the poise that made him so admirable. Sensei turns into a passive-aggressive asshole, his eyes hidden behind Gendo-glasses. The characters become polar extremes, when before they were human. I really don't like it.

ibpNjzi4aKQU73.jpg

Ooh, look at him! He's so mysterious! Clearly he's just a dick!

I'm struggling to find a parallel in my head for what this is equivalent to. I haven't even read the original book and I still feel insulted on the author's behalf. Maybe, to use an anime example, it'd be like retelling Aku no Hana from Nakamura's perspective, except Nakamura acts incredibly insecure and goes home and cries alone in her room, while Kasuga pushes her to do mean things, except he still has his friends and his books and portrays nothing but confidence the whole time. It's not subverting shit. It's just replacing the characters with worse characters, and the themes that arise from exploring their emotional states with nothing at all.

iXOO4siH704r7.jpg

In this episode, this scene just felt embarrassing.

I'd take No Longer Human's technically brilliant slog over this tripe.

I've been vaguely bemused by your positivity at this series in general, but this line in particular made me wonder if you aren't just being satirical on purpose.

I worded this sentence badly. i'm actually having some thoughts and it get answered the next episode , also aside from some points that are still in the dark i kinda like how the anime put some "light" on his characters.

So yeah i'm actually enjoying this ..i enjoy how this isn't a regular magical girl anime , i love the tarot angle... i love how you see the regular humans falling and becoming monsters and i love how they can't save them and the devious contradiction in the fact that they can now hear them and know that they are killing humans. Finally the main antagonist agenda seems alright so after 6 eps i really don't have anything i find bad in this anime..

Not a masterpiece, but good.
It also help that the animation is alright with much reused footage or long transformation scenes .it get to the point and i like that.

cajunator

Banned
For people criticizing WataMote, I'm curious if you've been through the issues she has? I have my whole life, and I feel like it's been pretty spot on with the portrayal.

I used to be like that. Believe it or not when I first started working and being in college I was super shy and introverted. Somehow I did a 180 and am now an extrovert. How this happened? I got used to people I guess. but it doesnt change that I wasl ike Tomoko in my younger days. Only I didnt take it so badly. It just was what it was. I didnt care about being popular or even much about peer pressure. I just did my own thing in my own little world.

Well. It seems like the redesign of Hummingbird is slowly appearing, the first bit being the new forums.

A step up from the godawful and almost unusable original, but its still pretty bad. Too busy and too colourful for my taste. But then I'm an old fashioned kind of guy.

Now thats more like it!

Holy fuck.

IDu8o.gif

Heehee. I knew you'd appreciate bringing this to your attention :D

Strike Witches 2 07

Right off the butt, what was cool was how well they mirrored the 7th episode on season one to the extent I actually thought I was watching the wrong episode. The first 10 seconds were practically identical, then following up with the same kinda of "the witches are sleeping" shots. That was neat.
Then of course the episode reveals its true cards. Sadly unlike episode 07 of the first season though the story was not based on a historical reference that I can think of, but that didn't make it any less fun. After all
I'd be extremely impressed if someone managed to get A Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords with the firmness of their [REDACTED]
There was some censor inconsistencies though. Probably outsourced the episode to J.J. Abrams.
An extreme amount of [REDACTED] living up to its episode 07 pedigree. I wish I could post GIFs.

Truly one of the most wonderful episodes in modern anime. Minna truly proved why she's the commander of the 501st with her quick thinking and anal disposition.

LayLa

Layla's Random 10 DVD Dregathon

welp got the random 10 DVDs through the post this morning. had a quick look through and

1. as someone correctly predicted lots of Vol 2/5 of mid 2000s shows by the looks of things
2. i have never seen any of these shows and know next to nothing about them. i think i've seen someone say something nice about one of them. maybe. once.
3. there is nothing rated above 15 so no hentai rapeyness (phew)
4. er ... i quite like the artwork on two of them. that's a good sign, right guys? right? *trying to think positive thoughts*

i will now put these back in the envelope and pull them out at random. the only proviso is that 2 of the DVDs are from the same series and (luckily) are consecutive, so if i pull one of them out i'll watch them back-to-back in order. oh and i'm not going to read up on them, check MAL scores etc before watching. wish me luck!

dumbyugi

Strike Witches 2 07

Right off the butt, what was cool was how well they mirrored the 7th episode on season one to the extent I actually thought I was watching the wrong episode. The first 10 seconds were practically identical, then following up with the same kinda of "the witches are sleeping" shots. That was neat.
Then of course the episode reveals its true cards. Sadly unlike episode 07 of the first season though the story was not based on a historical reference that I can think of, but that didn't make it any less fun. After all
I'd be extremely impressed if someone managed to get A Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords with the firmness of their [REDACTED]
There was some censor inconsistencies though. Probably outsourced the episode to J.J. Abrams.
An extreme amount of [REDACTED] living up to its episode 07 pedigree. I wish I could post GIFs.

It's one of the best episodes of anime ever. Rivaled only by episode 7 of the first season.

cajunator

Banned
Layla's Random 10 DVD Dregathon

welp got the random 10 DVDs through the post this morning. had a quick look through and

1. as someone correctly predicted lots of Vol 2/5 of mid 2000s shows by the looks of things
2. i have never seen any of these shows and know next to nothing about them. i think i've seen someone say something nice about one of them. maybe. once.
3. there is nothing rated above 15 so no hentai rapeyness (phew)
4. er ... i quite like the artwork on two of them. that's a good sign, right guys? right? *trying to think positive thoughts*

i will now put these back in the envelope and pull them out at random. the only proviso is that 2 of the DVDs are from the same series and (luckily) are consecutive, so if i pull one of them out i'll watch them back-to-back in order. oh and i'm not going to read up on them, check MAL scores etc before watching. wish me luck!

This'll be interesting. I probably own more than a few of them lol

LayLa

This'll be interesting. I probably own more than a few of them lol

the one that looks most promising is the two-parter, it has nice artwork of a cute girl on the disc and is also the one that i think someone said nice things about - maybe it was you!

I used to be like that. Believe it or not when I first started working and being in college I was super shy and introverted. Somehow I did a 180 and am now an extrovert. How this happened? I got used to people I guess. but it doesnt change that I wasl ike Tomoko in my younger days. Only I didnt take it so badly. It just was what it was. I didnt care about being popular or even much about peer pressure. I just did my own thing in my own little world.

I wish I could do that. I'm better than I used to be but still am on the shy and introverted side. Even on the internets.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Being shy does not make you an introvert, and neither does not being shy make you an extrovert. Arguably, you're still doing your own thing in your own little world, just that you tell everyone about it. ;)

cajunator

Banned
Being shy does not make you an introvert, and neither does not being shy make you an extrovert. Arguably, you're still doing your own thing in your own little world, just that you tell everyone about it. ;)

Yeah you have a point lol. I probably was never truly an introvert but I used to enjoy being alone. I get bored being alone now. Im a bit weird anyway.

Jintor

I've heard introversion described not as whether or not you're shy or exhuberant or whatever but rather as whether or not you get tired or energised by social interaction. I am definitely in the former camp; although I interact pretty well enough with people (indeed, in some ways I'm pretty 'typically' extroverted) I always find social interaction incredibly exhausting

cajunator

Banned
I've heard introversion described not as whether or not you're shy or exhuberant or whatever but rather as whether or not you get tired or energised by social interaction. I am definitely in the former camp; although I interact pretty well enough with people (indeed, in some ways I'm pretty 'typically' extroverted) I always find social interaction incredibly exhausting

social interaction energizes me for sure. If anything I tend to fall asleep when things are quiet and Im bored. I need to talk. to as many people as possible. I used to avoid parties and stuff because it would be scary and exhausting to me. I have no idea where on the scale I used to fall or where I fall now. But I definitely enjoy being out in the open with people now.

faridmon

If Watamote is telling a story of a character that mirrors a person who have Social anxiety, then screw those people because, for who one, who calls their friends ''sluts'', try to be manipulative pricks, lies in order to gain some pity status and act pathetic all around.
Not that I think Socially ill person would act like that, I just think that this series is nothing more than a comedic offence on such people, and I don't know why people would give it a free pass just because it has a en element which represent social anxiety.

Having said that, The series is mildly entertaining when the main character is idling around quietly and doesn't open her rude mouth, sadly those situations are far and few between.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's her defense mechanism, and it obviously doesn't work.

Hell, it's basically what Kasuga does when he says he's better than everyone because he reads Baudelaire. But we all know that it's bullshit.

faridmon

Introversion and extroversion have less to do with ones behaviour and is more of a way to process information in which affects ones behaviour. An Introvert can be socially adaptable as much as as one can be socially inept. In many ways, an extrovert can also act damped if his ways of accepting those information are not within his parameter of comfort.

In simple terms an introvert handles his action by taking the information in and analyse it within, whilst and extrovert is simply energised when he is in the pole position and make information.

As far as my understanding goes.

cajunator

Banned
Introversion and extroversion have less to do with ones behaviour and is more of a way to process information in which affects ones behaviour. An Introvert can be socially adaptable as much as as one can be socially inept. In many ways, an extrovert can also act damped if his ways of accepting those information are not within his parameter of comfort.

In simple terms an introvert handles his action by taking the information in and analyse it within, whilst and extrovert is simply energised when he is in the pole position and make information.

As far as my understanding goes.

Then I really have no idea which I am anymore lol.

ЯAW

Banned
Psycho-Pass went south really fast :( Real shame since I liked the futuristic setting. But I did start Hunter X Hunter and it's awesome! I like it a lot better then One Piece, it has good amount comedy, action and bit of darkness.

Midonin

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~
Windstepped Photography

Junichi Sato is a master at this genre. Though what the genre actually is called has about six different names. Slice of life, cute girls doing cute things, atmosphere, daily life. And I only recently discovered that Nico Nico's anime channel calls it ほのぼの (Honobono, or Heartwarming). Though said page also has Humanity Has Declined as part of that, so hell if I know.

Whatever it is, it's one of my favorite genres. And Sato has mastered the use of music and visuals to create a show that it's almost impossible to feel bad after watching. If the OVAs established the setting and mood and ~hitotose~ was about Takehara and Fuu's circle of friends, then this season looked to return to the themes of the start.

So many episodes focusing around her father. From the end where her mom took her to the spot where they proposed to the visit to his hometown. For a guy who's never spoken so much as a single line, he's been a pretty big catalyst to just about everything. On the other hand, this meant Chihiro got more screentime, and though she's not officially one of Fuu's circle, I'm always glad to have her there. She blends right in.

In most anime, a club would be used as the baseline for a series, but in Tamayura, one didn't enter the equation until after 17 episodes of buildup. Lends it a different feel, since the club wasn't created as a way to bring Fuu out of her shell, but created because she had already come out of it. I loved the turtlecam mascot that Maon came up with, too.

One of my favorite moments of the series happened pretty early on. The cherry blossom festival in episode 4 when Kanae and Fuu perform the new version of Momoneko Ondo. That was adorable, and also speaks to Ai Kayano's versatility. Kirika, Lucy, Kanae and Karila are also so distinct in their voices and mannerisms that I forget they're voiced by the same person.

I was uncertain about Kanae at first (Chihiro's always the fifth member of the group, forever), but she was a nice new element. Digital camera as opposed to film, and she was closer to what Fuu was at the start of the series; a nice foil all around. It's not very often that someone who joins a club is a third year, and it let them have a graduation storyline without having to graduate the main characters. There's enough room for one more season.

Since this is a third season, judging it feels a bit like a foregone conclusion. Someone who likes the first two entries is almost certain to like the third. It's tonally consistent with the rest and builds on a lot of things that came before. Lots of insert songs, too. The opening and ending are sweet and serene, same as always. My favorite series of the season lies elsewhere (sequels always do have a bit of a hill to climb), but it was something I always looked forward to watching.

Final Thoughts: As enjoyable as it ever was. The return to focusing on Fuu's father makes the series feel a little heavier than its previous season, but the stuff with Kanae balances it out.

faridmon

Working!! (S1) 1-13 Final

Working is an anime series that have been recommended to me several times due to its relaxing nature and its realistic premise behind its storyline. It’s been very well received from fans for its character interaction and hence, its comedic spurs, so after a long period of disregarding it, due to a culmination of things, I decided it to give it a whirl and I have to say that it was an enjoyable watch because of the aforementioned reasons.

It’s imperative to mention its colourful nature. Not only is the art style very pristine and gaudy, but the whole show feels very relaxing and comfy with its Slice-of-life that is full of bright quirks and full of smiles all around. Not to mention the characters are designed cutely with their round faces and round nature thoroughly. There is nothing harmful about this anime. It is very innocent and naïve without being silly and childish. It’s indulgent without being self-indulgent. The Working environment is shown in a relaxing manner to the point of bringing out the quirky character into a focus and relieves them of the tension and hardship of being employed by self-proposed labouring society (because let’s face it, restaurant are run by self-righteous egregious individuals). To get that point fourth the Manager of the restaurant is an individual who doesn’t lift a finger and spend her time eating sweets of the expense of the very restaurant she runs and have this childish attitude towards other individuals. Needless to say, this Anime doesn’t take itself serious when it comes to the restaurant business is quite indifferent towards labour work and customer interaction. When the first episode revolves around the main character being recruited in such a silly fashion and him accepting the job on other silly reasons without any care for any economical desire even though his household is short for monetary funds (for other silly reasons), you know this Anime is using the work theme as just a stepping stone for other matter.

The main attraction of this show is character interaction, and one that is sadly forcibly shown in the latter episode, this is doen in order to bring fourth quirky personality the show have and their traits within the ‘’working’’ environment. The characters are quite well developed and have this consistent way of showing themselves as interesting individuals with original characteristic and they are portrayed in quirky way when situations arise for them to interact with each other. Their clash of personality is very amusing to watch and hence, create very comedic spurs that is, most of the time, very appropriately presented and adds very strange charisma to them as a character. Those comedic traits may be very strange, unnatural to occur in real life and is very well taken very far, but nevertheless, whilst the Slice-of-Life aspect might give it some realism, it remains a very pleasantry viewing that remains upbeat and optimistic throughout. However, their reliance of those idiosyncratic is gradually the series undoing. Some of those slapsticks run out of steam and got very tiring rather quickly since the characters, whilst being very promising and very attractive, felt quite single dimensional without any hint of aim towards progressing their character. Yes, some of those individual behaviours have been addressed as the show has proceeded; however, the same old shticks have been repeated frequently and whilst some of them have remained largely amusing, others have turned out to be very irritating quickly for its forced execution. Add to the fact that these particular irritant behaviours have actually given the focal point of the main story objective, strangely enough.

Another problem I have with the whole promise is the contingent disconnect between the Slice-of-Life attempt on realism and the eccentric side of the comedy on the characterisation and on the whole premise. This could very well be a strength of it, and one could argue the fact that quirk adds to its overall charm and helps viewer to be interested in the whole premise, but the fact that’s some of those aspect of the presentation clash with each other in such a jarring way, is something that lingers during my watch to it. To explain the matter it is important to introduce the story of the series. The series takes place restaurant Waganaria where the characters all work in its premise. Sota was recruited desperately by the restaurant in order to ease its burden that is caused by the amount of labour involved. He is a peculiar character who is attracted by anything cute and acts delirious when he sees anything that resemblance that character. He is then attracted (not in a romantic or sexual way) to the [character] who is very short and hence cute in attire and manner. Yet she is annoyed by the fact that people keep citing her short look and mistake her for a primary school pupil, hence her aim to be a longer character which ends in a futile manner. In addition to those two, and the aforementioned manager, there restaurant is run by a samurai-sword belted waitress who simply have feeding the manager as the only goal in life, an [agrophig] lass who is scared of males and attacks them when she comes in a close proximity with them and is very timid in character. You have also a mature, easily irritated chef who always tease [character] for her short stature and another who inexplicably have an have an awareness in every secret and happening around the restaurant and resort to blackmail in order to get his whites in the kitchen. Add to those, there is the 4 strange sisters of Sota as well as a peculiar and timid manager that appears throughout the series and you have a show that is full of really weird personality and character interaction.

The chemistry between them is the very attraction of the show, and this is maximised by wonderfully and funnily choreographed animation coupled with amusing dialogue and writing. However the above-mentioned disconcerting clash of realism and comical relief does dissuade the overall viewing pleasure. Yes, It’s a comedy show; yes, character interaction is the root of this show and yes, an Anime doesn’t have to be realistic in order to be enjoyable, however one could not turn a blind eye to the fact that those are characters that work in a restaurant, yet, the management style is non-existent, the customer relations is appalling in some instances, the work done is inefficient, the labouring is done in a very slow manner and the fact the waitress’ composes of someone who punches male costumer (that’s 50% of the costumers) and another who serves with a samurai sword is quite distracting even if the restaurant milieu is used as a façade. The contrast is very jarring and detriment to the overall enjoyment of the show, to a certain degree. Especially when it could have been addressed generally instead of introducing forced and superficial occurrences, which brings me to the main point of my negativity towards this series; the fact that quality diminishes as the series progresses, to the point that the last 3 episode have been presented in such appalling contrast to the beginning of the show is certainly inexcusable. Not only is the romantic element very forced and unenjoyably, but the quality of the show have also suffered, both technically and plot wise. The Background arts have been reduced to an abrasive level, the character art have lost quite a lot of detail and the animation as well as the facial expression have also suffered in the process. It almost feels that they run out of budget which is rather worrying since it’s a half a season Anime.

Generally, the art is fantastic. Its curvy and mawkish nature coupled with vibrant colour effect and pleasant overlay brings forward the vivacious environment and the relaxing theme of the show. The characters move pleasantly and are animated deliberately in order to show personalities that reflects the shows happy and upbeat nature. Furthermore the background art is clean and drawn well to represent the setting as well as bring forward the individuality of the Anime. The Architecture is simple yet accessible and gets the job done, despite the repetitive locales. The comedic skits are also well shown and are drawn to get the point across. Overall it’s a pleasantly produced Anime with a lot of character. However, as mentioned, the quality drops later on which is a shame since the general theme of the show is promising and exciting.

To surmise, it’s an Anime that is well worth seeking out and a Slice of Life that leaves an impression, especially if you are into those kind of show. It’s cute without being overtly cutesy and has a pleasant atmosphere, it’s amusingly funny and the charm is both represented well by its presentation and the characters’. The personalities are quirky with original traits and habits’, while the overall premise promising in the first place and the progression of it have been well produced. Sadly, the quality have gotten progressively worse by each subsequent episode with the plot moving towards an unwanted direction and the production value have also suffered in the process, however, the overall journey is enjoyable enough which the main thing.

7/10

Yes! Pretty Cure 5: 15

This episode showed that Nozomi is terrible at housework. Oh no, how tragic.

She's good at like.... almost nothing. Truly the Usagi of late 2000.

Working!! (S1) 1-13 Final

7/10

Well I certainly agree in regards to the character interaction, on top of the lack of progress which, in fact, goes nowhere in both the first season and sadly the second. Second season also introduces a subplot that... you guessed it, goes nowhere, and that's probably the biggest issue I really have with this one. What the fuck is a progress?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura ~More Aggressive~

Final Thoughts: As enjoyable as it ever was. The return to focusing on Fuu's father makes the series feel a little heavier than its previous season, but the stuff with Kanae balances it out.

Well, to be fair, the season was almost more about the people that her father knew than he relationship with her father.

That ED though... 90 seconds of pure sadness and mono no aware.

faridmon

Well I certainly agree in regards to the character interaction, on top of the lack of progress which, in fact, goes nowhere in both the first season and sadly the second. Second season also introduces a subplot that... you guessed it, goes nowhere, and that's probably the biggest issue I really have with this one. What the fuck is a progress?

Dammit!

I have been told that the 2nd season is way better than the first one, and I am looking forward to it. Lack of progress is quite worrying.

faridmon

Oh, by the way, there may be a lot of incorrect grammar and bad English in general, so I hope you guys excuse me for it. I am still learning and I am using this thread as stepping stone.

:)

Mana is literally the anti-Nozomi.

No doubt about it, and she still gets the girls into her. Funny enough, I was have strange ass dreams last night, segmented because of this fucking fan I have in here to dry my carpets. There were male Precure, and one was in bed. Cure Ace walks up to have a talk with him, kisses his forehead and then lip to lip.... and I thought it was real, disrupted my perception, thinking there were male Precures before Doki Doki, and I woke up to take pictures, only to realize it was a dream.

Later on the next dream had a floating slab of wood hitting my cieling which freaked me out for some reason. There was Dream Screams as well.
Wet carpets are bad, mmkay?

Dammit!

I have been told that the 2nd season is way better than the first one, and I am looking forward to it. Lack of progress is quite worrying.

In that it's funny I guess, but the subplots from S1 don't really have much progress.

She has a dream and it seems that its enough for her future

At his point at least. Not at Tenumi's.

If Watamote is telling a story of a character that mirrors a person who have Social anxiety, then screw those people because, for who one, who calls their friends ''sluts'', try to be manipulative pricks, lies in order to gain some pity status and act pathetic all around.
Not that I think Socially ill person would act like that, I just think that this series is nothing more than a comedic offence on such people, and I don't know why people would give it a free pass just because it has a en element which represent social anxiety.

Having said that, The series is mildly entertaining when the main character is idling around quietly and doesn't open her rude mouth, sadly those situations are far and few between.

Posts like this make me realize how this show is like 2 different shows depending on your life experiences. The differences in interpretation are pretty stark.

cajunator

Banned
Posts like this make me realize how this show is like 2 different shows depending on your life experiences. The differences in interpretation are pretty stark.

It does have some vastly different reactions. However even some people who are like Tomoko a lot seem to enjoy the show at different levels. Some laugh at it, some cringe at it., but it has little to do with life experiences.

faridmon

So which interpretation did you make it out with?
That Tomoko is being a generally bad person just because the social position she stand in?

Also, life experience? Are you telling me that I maybe naive if I actually want people to behave normally and be ''good'' people?

cnet128

Banned
She has a dream and it seems that its enough for her future

Also, I seem to recall Nozomi's mother mentioned that she was actually worse than Nozomi (at least on the housework side of things) when she was that age. So presumably Nozomi too will grow out of being useless with time, but her positive attitude is for life!

What I'm trying to say is, Nozomi is totally waifu material.

Also, I seem to recall Nozomi's mother mentioned that she was actually worse than Nozomi (at least on the housework side of things) when she was that age. So presumably Nozomi too will grow out of being useless with time, but her positive attitude is for life!

What I'm trying to say is, Nozomi is totally waifu material.

At her point, not yet.

I know that feeling. I'm definitely shy in some ways and not so much in others (I mean, I'm a salesman so I'm not allowed to be completely shy), but my main problem with social interaction is people are so goddamn boring to me. At least normal people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom