• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pani Poni Dash 5

iFD2XNKwob7N7.jpg

This is starting to get even more ridiculous and much better because of it. There needs to be more episodes with all of the classes interacting with each other because it gets sort of dry when they're all separated like usual.

sleepykyo

Brothers Conflict aka. Everyone (and possibly everything) thirst for Ema/Chii.

An entire 12 episodes of a protagonist wavering between wanting to be siblings, and wanting the rod in the school yard, on living room couch, in her bedroom, ends up culmulating in
Hikaru burning up his odds card on who is pairing up with Ema and announcing that he is adding himself in

Golfclapping.gif

Narag

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Another 4koma comedy adaptation, huh. Looks like it'll be by Dogakobo (GJ-Bu, Yuyushiki, Love Lab) and have the same director as GJ-Bu as well, so I hope this one will work out.
Eh, if it was Masahiko Ohta as director I would have been more interested.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Another 5

Ah so that's where that
heart attack
gif is from.

Anyways, this show is definitely getting a lot more interesting. I felt like this episode was a lot more fleshed out and smarter than the first four.

Aniplex USA making sure that you'll have plenty of options for their Fall simulcasts, announcing that Kill la Kill, Magi S2, and Valvrave S2 will all be streaming "within hours of their original air time in Japan" on Daisuki, Crunchyroll, Hulu, and AniplexChannel.com (which I'm pretty sure just embeds Hulu anyway).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-valvrave-2nd-seasons-kill-la-kill-on-4-sites

Thank goodness for no more one day delay for Valvrave and was that a three day delay we had to wait for Magi when it aired. ...

KLK, Valvrave, and Naruto Shippuden already give me three anime to watch on Thursdays now...

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 47

True form Kerberos is still pretty weird. Can't get used to the transition. Also I hope this arc doesn't drag too long. At least I hope it doesn't take too long to give us certain answers.
Some solid additions to the cast though.

This arc is pretty much going to be the last one, and I didn't like it nearly as much as the first 2/3s of the show or so. It has its moments for sure, but it doesn't reach quite the same level. At least the third OP is fantastic, almost as good as "Catch You Catch Me".

And on that note by Jexhuis, I realized I still have yet to watch both CCS movies. Damn movies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 9

Something's not quite right here.
Oh, now that's a bit of an interesting little twist. She's probably related to that Prince guy, so I'd hazard she's a defected princess. I wonder her motives are exactly.

This episode lacked a ton of action, but I am kinda starting to enjoy the romance and wiped memory subplots that are blossoming.

Another is "Idiot Ball: the Show."

You mean Final Destination.

Another's premise is considerably dumber than Final Destination.

Final Dumbstination.

I'm just here to see people get wrecked. Anything else is icing.

Theonik

It really drags, unfortunately. At least there's a good movie at the end.
That's unfortunate but I've been preparing myself for the worst since they pulled what looked like a climax in the middle of the show followed by this episode.
Not to mention Kero's Guardian talk nonsense.

This arc is pretty much going to be the last one, and I didn't like it nearly as much as the first 2/3s of the show or so. It has its moments for sure, but it doesn't reach quite the same level. At least the third OP is fantastic, almost as good as "Catch You Catch Me".
I don't know about that. Really warmed up to the second OP.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 12: Right, after a few average episodes focused on the internal politics of the Alliance and the Empire, we get back to business.
Indeed the business of invasion is at hand and I got to say seeing the process of this idea move from proposal to actual plan is quite amazing, with a lot of realistic touches that you just don't get in other shows. Also, it appears the Alliance has a most strange form of democracy as we see what amounts to elected oligarchs debate the merits and demerits of the plan and then vote on its approval. At any rate, it is the sheer diversity of points raised at this meeting that took me aback , from the mention of practical problems, to the prospect of suing for peace, to Right Wing demagoguery and moral certitude that masks deep political cynicism. I'll be honest, it was downright chilling to see politicians and military personnel speak of their army as a liberating force that would be welcomed as such and that those who show caution or offer critiques are enemies of freedom. Yea, lot of real world parallels here. I also like how the saner amongst the echelons already see this is a doomed plan which is going to have a lot of ramifications down the line. Indeed they have already been routed out by the Fezzan spy network who knows this invasion is bad for business and thus knows the Empire must win to keep the status quo. Indeed there doesn't seem to be much of a plan here beyond let us take a huge fucking hammer, wander around into the territory of the enemy and then see what brews next. The general idea is sound, strike deep into enemy territory to rattle them, show how long you reach really is, and so on and so forth. Though these is a reason small and surgical strike teams are used for such missions as I am sure the Alliance will soon find out on its own.

LayLa

Random 10 DVD Dregathon

DVD 01: Witchblade (2006) Episodes 5-8
Audio options: Sub & dub (I always go sub if I can)
Extras: 2 short cast interviews, trailer, OP & ED

First thing to say is this wasn't as horrible as the corny bottom-of-the-bill-metal-band logo led me to believe.
Mediocre yes, but not outright horrible.

We join the action on Episode 5 but it's pretty easy to figure out what happened before: MC with tits the size of her head has a bangle that makes her transform into a minor league XMen-type mutant with big blades, fights other mutants and baddies. She has a precocious daughter (who is of course more grown up than her) and they live in some sort of shared block with the comic relief: a) a lechy ol perv b) a fat grouchy landlady c) a silent giant d) a goth who has premonitions and e) a hack who has taken photos of her transforming and thinks he has a scoop and is probably the love interest. Of course there's a back story about rival companies cloning/exploiting the mutant powers etc etc.

So pretty average mindless stuff.
The translation felt a bit ropey in places, but after recently reading Jonathan Clements book Schoolgirl Milky Crisis, which goes into detail about how cheap and tight the deadlines are for the average anime translation - well I'm willing to cut them some slack.
It's only 7 years old, but i can't help feeling that if this was being made now the MC would be the daughter and everyone else would look 10 years younger.
The best thing on this DVD was the 90 second trailer for Ergo Proxy, I should get around to watching that at some point.

Do I want to watch the rest? No, but it wasn't the worst thing i've seen this year.
Ignore Kotaku and score it like you would do on MAL, go on: oh alright then, 3/10

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 07

This episode was a "calm before the storm" or a "day-off" episode.. Seieng the team together was nice and it was completed with a nice prize for the test in the end.

Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2007.jpg

Well if you paid attention, you'd know since weeks that there is more than what you knew on this matter

Alright episode ...could have been better but it worked well enough as it is..

I wonder if green girl will calm down on the stalking she seems to do with the main heroine ...she was cute in the forest , still.

Jojo's Bizare Adventure - Episode 6

I had forgotten why I stopped watching this anime in the first place, it's really random and the stuff they say is weird. Things like "I'm standing here motionless frightened by his power, expression, and face." I've never heard of someone saying their scared of a face before. I'll keep watching because I really just want to see part 2, I don't care for part 1 but need a grasp of the show before going to it's next part.

Well I can guarantee that Leorio will get more time at least... but not till after the Chimera Ant arc (which might as well be the last arc left to be animated).

Speaking of that being the last arc being animated, what's up with HxH's mangaka? I looked up why it's on hiatus and I heard a lot of stories about the mangaka and not the actual manga being the reason. I've heard of him being sick (pretending to be sick sometimes), laziness, wanting to be independent with the manga, etc. Not sure if any of it's true but it does intrigue me.

Jojo's Bizare Adventure - Episode 6

I had forgotten why I stopped watching this anime in the first place, it's really random and the stuff they say is weird. Things like "I'm standing here motionless frightened by his power, expression, and face." I've never heard of someone saying their scared of a face before. I'll keep watching because I really just want to see part 2, I don't care for part 1 but need a grasp of the show before going to it's next part.

Speaking of that being the last arc being animated, what's up with HxH's mangaka? I looked up why it's on hiatus and I heard a lot of stories about the mangaka and not the actual manga being the reason. I've heard of him being sick (pretending to be sick sometimes), laziness, wanting to be independent with the manga, etc. Not sure if any of it's true but it does intrigue me.

Think it was some sort of sickness or disease or something.

Whereas in the case of Berserk, we just go idolm@sters

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 08

The more i watch this anime the more i like it ...

I mean i was expecting a trial , i was expecting something hard ..but this ?
Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2008.jpg

I guess i should tell you that dying and getting wiped from existance are 2 different things.
This is something you do at the start , or in the finale ... but not like this ... Main bad guy got my interest the more i see it ...so evil , so good.

Trully the stakes are high , trully the way they handled this episode was superb.. They better not mess up with the rest because right now i honnestly don't know how they can go wrong with the story.

cajunator

Banned
I know that feeling. I'm definitely shy in some ways and not so much in others (I mean, I'm a salesman so I'm not allowed to be completely shy), but my main problem with social interaction is people are so goddamn boring to me. At least normal people are.

Yeah I have this problem IRL. A lot of people like typical things and are unafraid to really branch out to things I find interesting, including trying non-traditional foods.
So I get kinda bored.

it's fascinating how divisive the reactions are, isn't it? i only watched the first episode but thought her behaviour went beyond social awkwardness into mental illness, and felt very uncomfortable that i was being asked to laugh at that. maybe too close to home for me though
an ex of mine behaved in a very similar way and ended up killing herself. i blame myself in a "i could have done more" way even though i know it's wrong

Im very sorry to hear that :(

To LOVE-Ru Darkness - 4:

9m94.png

Team Momo.

You chose correctly.

After some reflecting I've come to the conclusion that this thread has become a bit more hostile since I started posting here.

I thought it would be healthy to communicate more since I usually lurk and it was not my intention to stir the pot. It's probably for the best if I stop posting and I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous posts.

No please dont stop posting :(
I enjoy reading your posts
*hugs

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 5

Aw yiss, Karen's new attack is archery-based? That gets her bonus points in my book. Archers are inherently cool.

Other than that, this episode was basically just Student Council President doing Student Council President things. Making the school a better place and all that jazz. Oh and Syrup found himself a new job of sorts, helping out at the cafe. Careful there, Syrup, you'll start reminding people of Hikari if you're not careful. And nobody wants that.

cajunator

Banned
I think you're awesome! Your energy and enthusiasm really come across well to me. Wish I could be more like that...trying to be, anyway.

Thanks you!
I try to be upbeat and happy all the time. Not every day will go that way but hopefully most :)

For me, it's the little things in Watamote that ring true. Getting startled when someone suddenly interacts with me, being overtly self-conscious, discomfort at joining in on a group, discomfort when told to 'find a partner for this piece of homework', being picked last for teams during PE, being ignored, a sibling who is completely the opposite. It all reminds me of middle school, a terrible time, but I appreciate this feeling of genuinety I get when watching the show, despite it being exaggerated and represented in a dramatic fashion. My personal Tomoko moment is probably the entire class taking a picture at a sports event, without me in it, and it's THAT kind of sting the author really conveys well.

And I think that deserves credit.

It has seemed to nail down how quite a few people behave or think, including my younger self in some ways. Im pretty impressed with the show. I also think Tomoko is a girl who is good at heart but just needs support and love and understanding, and finds little to none. I want to hug her so much.

Huh, now that does sound like an actual switch.

I know!
Its super strange because before I started working I wouldnt even look people in the eye. I didnt talk to people on the phone. I had very few friends and I hardly talked to them. I just stayed home doing whatever and enjoyed not being bothered.
Now I look forward to going to friends places to watch anime and hanging out with my roommates. But everyone is always so busy. So you guys are my company <3
As long as Im talking to people in some form Im not lonely and Im good to go.

First they came for our butts. Then our To Love-ru

You can argue the same about Molester Man really. The title describes even less about the overall plot than Kurosawa

I will fight for this cause.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 17

Hana sure enjoyed the hell out of that exam. She and Atarimeko are going to become best friends later on. Or at least they better.

How did Mota and Motamota pass the exam? Their reckless decision to just skip the nap put other babies in danger. And they used magic to help them when they got stuck. I thought Majo Heart was supposed to be strict, but she let them off the hook.

Articalys

Oh right, there was one other manga that had an anime announcement greenlit today -- Barakamon, a fish-out-of-water sort of series about a young calligrapher from the city who moves to a remote island town.
The slice-of-life comedy manga centers around the 23-year-old calligrapher Seish&#363; Handa, who moves to the remote Got&#333; Islands off the western coast of Kyushu. Seish&#363; grew up in the city, and the manga chronicles Seishu's interactions with the people of the island, who drive tractors on public roads and don't enter through his front door when they visit. On top of that, Seish&#363;'s house becomes a hangout for the island's children.
Sounds like it could be entertaining.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 09

How can i dislike such a main vilain ?
Ah that was devious ... that was evil , that was well done. I knew something was off but still seeing such a amount of SDBURTON material was unusual .... you could let that go and wish to see so many works at the next comiket ....
but it was a lie , a sweet trap that she couldn't let go .

Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2009_01.jpg

Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2009_02.jpg

Argh the doujins were already written..i'm so sad at myself for believing even when i knew something was "off" ...but how could i resist ?
What a giant mess , what a splendid way to mess things up .. i love it.

If gatchaman crowds wasn't airing he would have my award of most evil bad guy of the Summer 2013, unfortunatly he is only a runner-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom