• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
As if there's any other kind!

I agree. I love Yuasa's work.

Aniplex USA making sure that you'll have plenty of options for their Fall simulcasts, announcing that Kill la Kill, Magi S2, and Valvrave S2 will all be streaming "within hours of their original air time in Japan" on Daisuki, Crunchyroll, Hulu, and AniplexChannel.com (which I'm pretty sure just embeds Hulu anyway).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-valvrave-2nd-seasons-kill-la-kill-on-4-sites

This is cool news, particularly for KLK.

Who's in for Magi S2? No one? ok.

If it has Ren Kougyoku in it maybe. but Im told it doesnt really.

This arc is pretty much going to be the last one, and I didn't like it nearly as much as the first 2/3s of the show or so. It has its moments for sure, but it doesn't reach quite the same level. At least the third OP is fantastic, almost as good as "Catch You Catch Me".

And on that note by Jexhuis, I realized I still have yet to watch both CCS movies. Damn movies.

I like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpr460TaMrA
Catch You Catch Me is still my favorite.

cajunator

Banned
Random 10 DVD Dregathon

DVD 01: Witchblade (2006) Episodes 5-8
Audio options: Sub & dub (I always go sub if I can)
Extras: 2 short cast interviews, trailer, OP & ED

First thing to say is this wasn't as horrible as the corny bottom-of-the-bill-metal-band logo led me to believe.
Mediocre yes, but not outright horrible.

We join the action on Episode 5 but it's pretty easy to figure out what happened before: MC with tits the size of her head has a bangle that makes her transform into a minor league XMen-type mutant with big blades, fights other mutants and baddies. She has a precocious daughter (who is of course more grown up than her) and they live in some sort of shared block with the comic relief: a) a lechy ol perv b) a fat grouchy landlady c) a silent giant d) a goth who has premonitions and e) a hack who has taken photos of her transforming and thinks he has a scoop and is probably the love interest. Of course there's a back story about rival companies cloning/exploiting the mutant powers etc etc.

So pretty average mindless stuff.
The translation felt a bit ropey in places, but after recently reading Jonathan Clements book Schoolgirl Milky Crisis, which goes into detail about how cheap and tight the deadlines are for the average anime translation - well I'm willing to cut them some slack.
It's only 7 years old, but i can't help feeling that if this was being made now the MC would be the daughter and everyone else would look 10 years younger.
The best thing on this DVD was the 90 second trailer for Ergo Proxy, I should get around to watching that at some point.

Do I want to watch the rest? No, but it wasn't the worst thing i've seen this year.
Ignore Kotaku and score it like you would do on MAL, go on: oh alright then, 3/10

Witchblade is pretty mediocre but I remember it had some interesting music. Didnt come close to finishing it and lost interest though.

I cannot find fault in Momo's plans or logic. She rightfully is the best choice, for Rito, and for the Universe.

God, I love To LOVE-ru. Guilty pleasure, yes, but no shame in it.

Definitely no shame in enjoying TLRU sweetie. Its fun,and cute. and titillating. Heehee I said tit.

Jintor

Love Lab 3

Although WK-chan is kind of useless the Treasurer and the President (Well, Vice-President) I guess are really hilarious characters. They have pretty decent chemistry with Fang-tan too.

Wasn't a big fan of the drama but whatevs

Articalys

Barakamon isn't really memorable unfortunately.
Eh, I don't really need it to be memorable as long as it's fun to watch and is executed well.

At any rate, it's worth noting this is another Gangan Online title. They definitely seem to be slowly turning into a decent source for anime adaptations.

Phi Brain 12

We finally get the reunion between Kaito and Rook, it's bitter sweet as we've been shown that Rook is the main antagonist since the OP/episode 1. I dunno what boggles my mind more the fact the youth x character is obviously the principal or the fact the principal doesn't remember that Kaito and Rook are friends.

Seeing all the titles be hooked on puzzles thanks to Kaito's influence was probably the highlight of the episode. Ana must have some kind of 6th sense cause he always is able to see people for who they really are. Guessing they'll all be coming to England next episode to save Kaito from the puzzle of fools.

cajunator

Banned
It wasn't bad, but it's the weakest of the three OPs imo. Maybe it's because it came after Catch You Catch Me and paled in comparison. Also it came at pretty much the same time they took away "Leave it to Kero".

I like all the openings but the first is just so godlike its kind of unfair to expect a followup that matches it.

Articalys

Via @WTK: Crunchyroll's Fall simulcast lineup page is now live, with the four known shows so far (Diabolik Lovers, Kill la Kill, Magi S2, Valvrave S2) along with six open slots. Two of those will likely be noitaminA, and of course they'll probably keep adding more, but feel free to begin speculating.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Majestic Prince 10

It would be so good to see this defection plot twist and turn back around on MJP for trusting. It probably won't directly, but that would be cool.

Connecting their mech piloting performance to their emotional state and outlook is an interesting way to gauge the characters and presumably push them into relationships and build the team dynamic more concretely. I also really like that we have a disjointed "team" of 5 that will be presumably pairing up with their prey from our Team.

LayLa

Sakasama no Patema: Beginning of the Day

after all that Witchblade i needed to watch something good, and this prologue to Time Of Eve creator Yoshiura's new film did the trick.
super jealous now of those who get to see the full thing at SLA next month. if anyone here is going post a review!

Phi Brain 13

The puzzle of the fool was pretty intense along with Rook's betrayal. I don't get Rook's desire for Kaito to sacrifice everyone around him to become a Phi-Brain though, you'd think to become a phi-brain you'd need to have a reason to fight for like friends. I guess Fairy Tail is the only self aware series that knows friendship is the magic that gives you plot hax to always win.

The explanation that the PoG givers are intentionally making death puzzles to cultivate solvers to unlock the final prize aka the book of god is satisfactory for me. You can easily fool people into thinking you'll grant their wish if they can help create a solver who can solve this impossible puzzle.

Narag

Via @WTK: Crunchyroll's Fall simulcast lineup page is now live, with the four known shows so far (Diabolik Lovers, Kill la Kill, Magi S2, Valvrave S2) along with six open slots. Two of those will likely be noitaminA, and of course they'll probably keep adding more, but feel free to begin speculating.

Only Akagi listed as catalog so far. feels bad

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Seems to be my main experience with Kyoani. Maybe Kyōkai no Kanata will change that?
Free! isn't really like other KyoAni stuff to me. I think it might pretty easily be the worst show from them I've seen.

jbug617

Banned

KnB S2 (pretty confident based on CR having S1)
Ace of Diamond
Golden Time

Eh, I don't really need it to be memorable as long as it's fun to watch and is executed well.

At any rate, it's worth noting this is another Gangan Online title. They definitely seem to be slowly turning into a decent source for anime adaptations.

Yandere Kanojo adaptation when?

Phi Brain 13

The puzzle of the fool was pretty intense along with Rook's betrayal. I don't get Rook's desire for Kaito to sacrifice everyone around him to become a Phi-Brain though, you'd think to become a phi-brain you'd need to have a reason to fight for like friends. I guess Fairy Tail is the only self aware series that knows friendship is the magic that gives you plot hax to always win.

The explanation that the PoG givers are intentionally making death puzzles to cultivate solvers to unlock the final prize aka the book of god is satisfactory for me. You can easily fool people into thinking you'll grant their wish if they can help create a solver who can solve this impossible puzzle.

Well one piece also has a lot of friendship involved , even if it doesn't become a haxxor skill.

Instro

What's fap note?

sVksFPi.png

Phi Brain 14

Well Cube got to solve a puzzle on his own today... seems more like we got negative character development at the end of this episode instead of positive. Cube is by far my least favorite of the 5 title characters and was hoping this episode would grow him more... oh well maybe next time

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 18

So this show remembered that Dodo and the other fairies are characters in the show. Generally I think this show is much better than original Doremi but this continues to be a problem. And what happened to Pop's fairy? Well, Dodo runs away from home again (wish they could have a plot centered around her that didn't do this), but this time it's because Doremi acts like a self-centered cunt. Pretty sad when Aiko and Hadzuki found her and then she asked where Doremi was, and they had to answer that she was back at the Maho-dou, that she hadn't even come to look for her. Don't blame her for going "fuck that shit" and running off again. But what did she even have in that sack of hers?

Onpu's fairy, who also has barely been shown at all, seems to have taken after Onpu. She doesn't follow Dodo like the others because she knew she wanted to be alone, and also knowing that it had to be Doremi to get her back.

Jarmel

Banned
Speaking of KnK, here is the first episode staff,

Episode 1 Name: Carmine
Script: Jukki Hanada
Director/Storyboards: Taichi Ishidate
Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki

Nothing exciting but should be good visually at least.

Shergal

Speaking of KnK, here is the first episode staff,

Episode 1 Name: Carmine
Script: Jukki Hanada
Director/Storyboards: Taichi Ishidate
Animation Director: Miku Kadowaki

Nothing exciting but should be good visually at least.

Pretty typical, director+CD for the opener.

If Ishidate was on a good day it should be pretty well storyboarded at the very least.

I cannot find fault in Momo's plans or logic. She rightfully is the best choice, for Rito, and for the Universe.

God, I love To LOVE-ru. Guilty pleasure, yes, but no shame in it.

We all love TLR:D. Even moreso if it's because of Momo. That whole legal business was probably the best thing to happen.

Ojamajo Doremi # 17

Hana sure enjoyed the hell out of that exam. She and Atarimeko are going to become best friends later on. Or at least they better.

How did Mota and Motamota pass the exam? Their reckless decision to just skip the nap put other babies in danger. And they used magic to help them when they got stuck. I thought Majo Heart was supposed to be strict, but she let them off the hook.

Obviously because they're not humans.

Ojamajo Doremi # 18

So this show remembered that Dodo and the other fairies are characters in the show. Generally I think this show is much better than original Doremi but this continues to be a problem. And what happened to Pop's fairy? Well, Dodo runs away from home again (wish they could have a plot centered around her that didn't do this), but this time it's because Doremi acts like a self-centered cunt. Pretty sad when Aiko and Hadzuki found her and then she asked where Doremi was, and they had to answer that she was back at the Maho-dou, that she hadn't even come to look for her. Don't blame her for going "fuck that shit" and running off again. But what did she even have in that sack of hers?

Onpu's fairy, who also has barely been shown at all, seems to have taken after Onpu. She doesn't follow Dodo like the others because she knew she wanted to be alone, and also knowing that it had to be Doremi to get her back.

Hahaha, You think that's bad? Wait till next episode for more Doremi is a jackass!

I too forgot Pop had a fairy

Phi Brain 15

Wow Ana is such a beast, not only did he find the puzzle of the fool without being given the invitation puzzle, but he solved the thing by looking at it once without getting a hint or explanation of how the puzzle worked. Then Cube had to show up and fuck everything up but Ana is still too beast for his failings.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni - 10

Ah HA this is trully superb ..i cannot praise Cerebrum more enough ..... that's very evil i cannot wait to see him fail , but damn if this wasn't the perfect way to put everyone on the spot.

The second trap with the little girl was also a masterpiece and let's face it , our heroine was saved because she is the heroine of the show and nothing else.

Gen%27ei%20o%20Kakeru%20Taiyou%20-%20Il%20Sole%20Penetra%20le%20Illusioni%20-%2010.jpg

Hard to believe it's one of the most evil character i've seen in anime this year.

I honnestly wonder how deep layered cerebrum plans are , because so far he predicted almost everything and i honnestly can't see how our cast will be able to turn things around.. Now i only expect a MAI-HIME ending where everyone came back the power of haxxor , but given just HOW they treated the rest of the show i doubt this will happen.
BY now i expect everyone to either die or be wiped from existance and that would be the best ending possible given their current circustances...hoping ep 11 will prove me wrong.

Genshiken Nidaime 10

My word, that dialogue in the preview.

Hato's past wasn't as painful as I thought it would be to watch.

Also, DAT ULTIMATE BL PAIRING.

KnB S2 (pretty confident based on CR having S1)
Ace of Diamond
Golden Time

I thought golden time looked like a funi show...

Hopefully ace of diamond an yowamushi pedal join crunhyroll for total sports domination with kurobasu this season.

Phi brain 3 ought to be on their service, and I hope nagi no asukara and meganebu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom