• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'm just going to say Vividred Operation's uniform is the best because I probably would have made the same thing.

Those were quite something...

Also can someone find a non tumblr version of this gif? Cause HNNNNNNNNNNNGH
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxs6bjIrre1qbyxr0o1_500.gif

edit: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
b0051210_4ef37f32e6184.gif

You know why GAF wasn't down for long?

Because the conference was shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Back to doing nothing I guess until like Friday.

Narag

One Piece 67

X1IEWuhl.png

dem paper cutouts

cYa68Q6l.png

Good face.

This has been a good little run of episodes since hitting the Grand Line. Laboon -> Whiskey Peak -> Baroque Works stuff has transitioned super smoothly. Ep had some really nicely animated cuts too which was cool.

I see Robin finally appears.

zeroshiki

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting from that keynote. Its not like Sony will have some big game announcement month after month.

fertygo

That bloody fate trailer surprisingly looks good.. I thought they gonna abusing CG.. then again X-Men anime are the only decent one among other marvel anime.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 19

Tell me somebody has a gif of Hana and the door. Wtf Doremi putting her on a leash? And why was she accusing Hadzuki of saying those things? She didn't say them, Baaya did. And she was mostly right, by the way.

Still, scene of kindergarten them playing piano and violin together was sweet.

yami4ct

Wolf's Rain 1-5

You know how I said I remember this being boring? I'll freely admit that I could not have been more wrong. I really don't know what I was thinking. This show is fantastic. So much interesting stuff going on. The way the show interweaves sci-fi with an almost fable like portrayal of the main characters is really different and unexpected. It can be a tough show to watch at times. It loves to play with really abstract ideas and plot points for one. So much of what you're seeing is deliberately kept a secret, and that can be frustrating. It can hard to feel anything when the characters go on and on about "paradise", yet we have no concept of what that is. I feel a similar way about a discussion in a recent episode about the "Book of the Moon". These ideas are thrown out there and we just need to trust in the show to give us what we need to know. It works for the most part, but can certainly lead the series to be challenging and frustrating to watch.

The biggest problem I guess I have with the show is how barely sketched some of the main characters are at this point. They're animals and they feel like it. Kiba in particular has barely any defining characteristics or personality. It's hard to empathize with their struggle because their struggle in some sense feels so alien. Even if I'm not getting emotionally attached yet, they're still a lot of fun to watch. I'm interested to see how they grow and develop over time.

By far the greatest strengths the show has are its visuals and music. First of all, the music is amazing. It's such a great, eclectic mix of genres, yet it all still meshes together to feel like a cohesive unit. So many scenes are given much greater weight through the excellent choice in music. As for the visuals, it's one of the most visual interesting anime I've seen in a while. A lot of really great visual moments. The way the show plays with shadow, particularly in the scenes where you see the shadows of the wolves behind their human form, is something that works so well. The show also creates an amazing sense of atmosphere. The scenes outside during winter feel cold in a way that few shows really pull off. I can almost feel the temperature of the room drop as I'm watching it. The color choices, the way the environment looks, everything just comes together in a way that sells the show.

So yeah, really digging so far. Can't wait to watch more.

Articalys

Oh, I didn't realize this before, but since even the Japanese version of Bayonetta had English voices, this is the first time any of the characters get a Japanese seiyuu for an actual complete product. The roles are:

Atsuko Tanaka (Motoko Kusanagi in GitS, Lisa Lisa in JJBA) as Bayonetta (though she did do the CM narration for the Japanese release of the game and other promo stuff)
Mie Sonozaki (Crimson Viper in SFIV) as Jeanne
Daisuke Namikawa (Waver Velvet in Fate/Zero) as Luka
Miyuki Sawashiro (Shinku in Rozen Maiden, etc.etc.) as Cereza
Tessho Genda (Takeda Shingen in Sengoku Basara) as Rodin
Wataru Takagi as Enzo
NORIO WAKAMOTO as Father Balder

Fun fact: aside from Sonozaki, four of the others are also the current voices of Street Fighter characters (Tanaka as Poison, Sawashiro as Cammy, Takagi as Hugo, and Wakamoto as Bison).

cajunator

Banned
Fuck Sony.
I guess Ill continue with Fantasista Doll in a bit. Its sufficiently interesting.

I feel like I should continue that show as well. But the only thing I'm really enjoying about it is its catchy as hell OP. Everything else about it is...well okay at best from the first three episodes I saw. It's certainly an upbeat show. Might as well get back to that after I finish Kino's Journey.

Lord knows I'm gonna need a happy show after whatever darkness I'm exposed to in episode 10.

cajunator

Banned
I feel like I should continue that show as well. But the only thing I'm really enjoying about it is its catchy as hell OP. Everything else about it is...well okay at best from the first three episodes I saw. It's certainly an upbeat show. Might as well get back to that after I finish Kino's Journey.

Lord knows I'm gonna need a happy show after whatever darkness I'm exposed to in episode 10.

Episode 10 is quite interesting. I think you will enjoy that one.
EPisode 12 is something else though. wow.
Why did you put Kino on hold for such a while?

Syrinx

Monogatari S2 8

Well, turns out Araragi's perverted sexual harassment of Hachikuji isn't limited to her, as he showed with past Hanekawa. Turns out he's just a straight-up pedophile. She was six dude. Six. Senjougahara should dump him and pretty much everybody he knows should cut off contact with him so they don't have to answer for when he inevitably rapes an 8-year old. Or something. Freak.

And good job dickhead.
You blew up the world.

Episode 10 is quite interesting. I think you will enjoy that one.
EPisode 12 is something else though. wow.
Why did you put Kino on hold for such a while?

Yeah...I watched the two Gurren Lagann movies.

They were good. Very good. That show gave me pretty much everything I could have asked for in a mecha-adventure anime. The movies just gave me more. It felt like no other show could I watched after that would give me the same experience that Gurren Lagann did.

So I took a break from the anime scene after watching the two movies. But now that Fall is just around the corner I'm slowly trying to get back in there. I'll probably post my impressions of episode 10 sometime tomorrow.

Erigu

Oh, I didn't realize this before, but since even the Japanese version of Bayonetta had English voices, this is the first time any of the characters get a Japanese seiyuu.
Actually, I'm pretty sure Bayonetta had already been voiced by Tanaka Atsuko during the promotion of the first game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
After watching episode 6 of highschool DXD season 2, I can truly say this show has become more than just fanservice, its genuinely entertaining and has genuine intriguing story
God is dead? whhaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom