• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you consider "big", but here's what looks interesting in the fall season to me:

Sangatsu no Lion
The Great Passage
Stella no Mahou
Natsume's Book of Friends S5
Flip Flappers
Classicaloid
Sound Euphonium S2
Nobunaga no Shinobi
Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On
Haikyuu S3
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari

Oh I forgot that Monster hunter was in fall! That's something I will watch for sure. The others don't ring any bell.

I'll look up if Bones is doing anything next season I guess.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 3:

Honestly wasn't too keen on this episode as it felt the whole joke with the Happy Happy Cultists got stretched out a bit too thin for my sake.

I'm honestly really looking forward to Flip Flappers next season. Magical Girls + adventure story is a good combo.

Hopefully with how bright, colorful, and cheerful the magical girl shows look next season this shows that we've finally gotten over the whole "being meguca is suffering" craze that's plagued the genre for a while. At least a little bit.

Sound Euphonium S2 a pretty big deal. Just one week closer and closer...
Yea I just remembered Eupho is Kyoani and that is indeed a pretty big profile show. I should try it but I was always kind of turned off by the all female cast. Depending on how many show I'll watch I might start it.

I also remembered Digimon tri 3 was in september! That has me pretty hyped up. Herculeskabuterimon makes is anime debut.

My potential Fall list looks like thisbafter a quick look:

- 3gatsu no Lion
- Classicaloid
- Fune wo Amu
- Haikyuu S3
- Euphonium S2
- Gundam IBO S2
- Schuumatsu no Izetta
- Token Rabbi
- Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari

3 heavy hitters that I am sure I will be watching and a bunch of promising stuff to check out. Seems solid to me.

phaze

Mob Psycho 3

This still ain't doing much on the comedy front but for once I cared about Mob's issues a bit when they integrated them into the lol club showdown. I'm not sure how much enjoyment is there is to be had from that as it's an arc whose path was downtrodden by numerous other shows but his moment of introspection was exceedingly well done and the subsequent rage mode and fight fully satisfied my inner shounen whore.

Mawaru Penguindrum - 9

Absolutely fantastic episode with the library imagery and how it served as a backdrop for fleshing out Himari's character through the flashbacks.
So good.

qcf x2

I like trash, but sometimes there are some trash that's too much even for me. Does 2 and 3 tone down the stupid walking around the facilities with nothing on and afternoon sunset rays?

Yes, though there is one particularly ridiculous scene towards the end. My main issue that there's just like.. no real direction for the show right now. The actions taken don't make sense and you have multiple characters filling the same trope/role.

Mandelbo

uzv4Kra.png

what the hell is this

I can't even remember the last time I saw someone use rofl

Mandelbo

Anyway, that line aside...

Amaama to Inazuma 04

X1ADsiS.png

2reUGQc.png

Qs1C5XM.png

Tsumugi's silly face game was consistently on point this episode
Gycj2Ek.png

Woah, Kotori actually does have a friend!

Episode was pretty good. It was nice seeing Kouhei have a proper failure for once, even if we didn't see the hard work he put into making the dish. The restaurant cooking sections are starting to get tired to me, though - something needs to not go their way for once, even if the process of them making the food is quite interesting. Surprised how Kotori didn't seem even slightly flustered when her friend (whose name is apparently Shinobu) shouted across the classroom at her asking if she'd made any new friends yet. It seems that she just doesn't seem to take notice of them as opposed to having difficulty connecting with others.

Oh yeah and Tsumugi changed her hairstyle - I prefered the old style but the twintails are quite good too.

pbayne

I think Wing has broken my Gundam streak a bit. It's not that bad really i still enjoy it enough to keep watching but fuck the pacing around the middle is glacial. What little plot there is is stretched way too thin.

Lol so instead i watched all of YuriKuma Arashi (or the amazing translation Lesbian Bear Storm). It's a flawed masterpiece imo. Need a break from mecha stuff so might check out Ikuhara penguin show since im in the mood for it now.

Line_HTX

Yes, though there is one particularly ridiculous scene towards the end. My main issue that there's just like.. no real direction for the show right now. The actions taken don't make sense and you have multiple characters filling the same trope/role.

I think I probably won't continue. The only thing worse than bad trash is bad trash with literally no direction to go with already crappy setup, lol

When is Usagi Drop S2?

Huh....

John Blade

That is a very touching ending for Yukine arch as she manage to get both side of the gang to stop fighting for good and become friends. It's kinda sad as you found out the real reason why her brother can't fight and how she actually have to dress up as him to finish the fight for good which is shocking to see when the rival gang leader hit her and you got to see her trying her hardness to finish the fight the rival gang want to have.

Note: I guess the best way to end the entire fight quickly is just give Nagisa mom bun to the gang rival next time as it literally take down the entire gang member of Yukine side.

Overall, might be one of the better arch from the After Story for now as it got more hit when you got to see Yukine trying to hardness to end this silly gang fight which her older brother always wish for. Also, one of the side characters who isn't someone who just there in the last season to push the story but somehow have a very touching story arch.

Diamond is Unbreakable 16

CoPdhx0WAAA3jyt.jpg

This was the best shot of the episode. All those lines, even on the lips!

I really enjoyed this episode. Both for the cat-and-literal-mouse game being played here, and for Josuke and Jotaro getting to team up and showcase their different personalities. I like how Diamond is Unbreakable splits up the core cast such that different characters get focused on in different episodes.

SkyOdin

I have to say that Jotaro's quiet and serious personality works a lot better as the veteran mentor than as the main character. I like him more in Part 4 than I did in Part 3.

I have to say that Jotaro's quiet and serious personality works a lot better as the veteran mentor than as the main character. I like him more in Part 4 than I did in Part 3.

It also helps that Part 4 feels free to show Jotaro being painfully awkward, particularly with anything to do with women. Just in episode 16, the way he reacts to Jotaro asking if they were going to go "hunting" for chicks was amusing.

It also helps that Part 4 feels free to show Jotaro being painfully awkward, particularly with anything to do with women. Just in episode 16, the way he reacts to Jotaro asking if they were going to go "hunting" for chicks was amusing.

That part was great because Jotaro looked more bothered about picking up chicks then when his arm started to melt into an Akira blob monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom