• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Speedrunners are cheap, go through a lot of controllers and get used to certain things.

Makes sense they'd not want to keep buying 60 dollar controllers all the time.

univbee

Speedrunners are cheap, go through a lot of controllers and get used to certain things.

Makes sense they'd not want to keep buying 60 dollar controllers all the time.

To be fair, there could well be a logic to that idea, given how much abuse a speedrunner applies to a game. I remember in my tech support job we'd get these really cheap printers for a car repair shop because the sheer amount of dust and crap floating in the air would kill any printer no matter how high-end in no time, so they'd just replace the printer itself every few months for like $150.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone that hasn't seen Romscout play SOTN before, the dude is a DESTROYER of pads. There should be a youtube video of him out there doing this backdashing and shield-canceling movement. It's incredibly button intensive and you are mashing that combo constantly. So it isn't surprisng to me that he'd randomly have pads die on him especially with lots of practice in preparation for the marathon and such.

I'm not going to lie, it's absurdly impressive he got this skip even with them telling him he was late or early. That shit is frame perfect.

This might be one of the most interesting runs I've seen so far. Him getting stuck by the shop and trying to find a way out was entertaining to watch.

Brashnir

This might be one of the most interesting runs I've seen so far. Him getting stuck by the shop and trying to find a way out was entertaining to watch.

Yep, and also sort of served as an accidental "No, he really is playing this shit blindfolded" reminder.

I've seen him do this run on his twitch channel before, so I'm a bit less mindblown than most, but it's still a really cool run to see even after the first time.

Wish the commentator was a little more knowledgable... Half of the fun of the runs is getting a good technical explaination for what's going on... This whole "I'm not sure why, but if you do this, the game kind of does this." isn't super insightful.

200.gif

Best run? Best run.

eloxx

Wow, that was very impressive. Blindfolded SOTN. Incredible stuff. Romscout is one of my favorite GDQ runners. Also the game is just beautiful. One of the best looking games to this day.

Coonce

yeah stream is completely down. Sigh... I was using this to help me forget the fact that I have no AC right now... I feel the heat again.

haha ouch.. you and me both, AC broke this past weekend.

Got my earbuds in to actually hear the stream and cut out all the noise from my fans.

IronLich

Stream is back up with a Romscout interview.

Next is Freedom Planet. Freedom Planet was what I was looking forward to. I just completed the game yesterday, and started a Milla run that evening, and she's a ton of fun to play the game with. Probably the best animations in the game. Looking forward to seeing this character stomp the game.

SteamGAF was not kidding when they said this game was heavily inspired by Sonic.

Don't know anything about the game except that I think it was a kickstarter, but this is a really neat run.

This looks like an interesting game.

You should play it as a Sonic game.... but you should ignore the story mode... Thankfully they have a 'classic' mode that skips the story elements. Dear God is the story bad.

Top Bottom