• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Revven

I'm going to guess is there is a delay between them. So the dev is probably 5-10 seconds behind on the conversation.

There usually is a delay because they're using Skype (at least they were last year or any previous GDQ) for any developer interaction in runs. Don't think it can be helped.

ChryZ

Man, that know-it-all dude is annoying. Impressive Freedom Planet run though, I feel so inadequate and filthy casual.

Cool that people raised money to get the runner here. (Hope they have some plans, too; it's a long way to travel for a hotel conference room, lol)

So far, which runs are a much watch?
I haven't been able to watch that many runs but from what I have seen, I'd recommend:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze race - It gets really nuts and super close.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Worth it for the crazy skips.
Dishonored - Really fun run
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - Great run and a really great runner who was very good at explaining everything he was doing.

Edit: "They're the woooooorsst" Awesome.

parks-and-recreation-jean-ralphio_article_story_large.jpg

Keikaku

The difference between the awkward commentary from the last run to the more casual, informative and relaxed commentary this run is amazing.

Maybe I should be glad for the last run because it made me so grateful for this one? :p

KarmaCow

Knowing the positioning to dodge the double laser attacks blind is really impressive. He was using dodge rolls for distance but he was still incredibly close to being hit by the x formation.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It was already a great run, but closing it off with a blindfold final boss, really made it incredible.

And now Dustforce, a game I love to watch, but have never played!

Brashnir

I mean this clearly requires technical skill but it's a little bit dull...

I don't disagree. This is the kind of run I usually enjoy (2D game where the runner actually has to play through most of the game) but I just can't get into it.

Quenk

It's really technical and impressive but I think I enjoyed watching Dustforce more when the Hitbox team was on skype with them.

Top Bottom