• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Fasty

This is amazing to watch, although I'm not sure why I'm enjoying it so much this time. Last time, even with dev commentary, I found it super dull

Edit: Maybe because they're 100% it this time... Not sure if that was required last time?

TheChits

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

blamite

"Dustforce always seemed cool, I should try to play that game again."

*watching the run*

"Oh right, that's why I never got very far in Dustforce."

Mashing

I always wonder when I see stuff like that if the developer can even beat the levels they design (without cheating of course).

Some interesting games in this block. All the same, I think this event benefits the most from playing on the nostalgia people have for classic games or really high profile niche titles. It's less entertaining seeing newer stuff.

Somehow i missed this thread, didnt even remember about SGDQ. Any speedruns worth watching?
I'll say the same as the last person who asked.

From what I've been able to watch:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze race - It gets really nuts and super close.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Worth it for the crazy skips.
Dishonored - Really fun run
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - Great run and a really great runner who was very good at explaining everything he was doing.

The add Guacamelee. Worth it for the ending.

I'll say the same as the last person who asked.

From what I've been able to watch:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze race - It gets really nuts and super close.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Worth it for the crazy skips.
Dishonored - Really fun run
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - Great run and a really great runner who was very good at explaining everything he was doing.

The add Guacamelee. Worth it for the ending.

romscout's blind run of castlevania: SOTN was pretty great, would recommend that one too.

Top Bottom