• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
F1UbGZn.gif

Reading this thread and trying to get a sense for what's worth watching.

Only caught Jedi Academy and Momodora. Having played Jedi Academy on a regular basis for 12 years, it's shocking to see one of my favorite levels finished in seconds. I knew the game let you exploit force powers and physics, but wow.

There have been alot of great runs.

Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Catherine, 1080 Avalanche, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, BioShock, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Blindfold, Guacamelee: Gold Edition, Silent Hill 3, Resident Evil 2, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Donkey Kong Country 3, Disney's The Little Mermaid, Quackshot Starring Donald Duck, Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment, Ultimate Doom, Deus Ex, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet & Clank.

It's going to be hard to pin down the absolute best runs but my favorite one so far is the blindfold run of Castlevania: SOTN.

Crayolan

Reading this thread and trying to get a sense for what's worth watching.

Only caught Jedi Academy and Momodora. Having played Jedi Academy on a regular basis for 12 years, it's shocking to see one of my favorite levels finished in seconds. I knew the game let you exploit force powers and physics, but wow.

Need to catch Deus Ex, Jak and Daxter, and Demon's Crest at home.

They're about to show tetris TGM, you should be watching now! High level tetris is mind blowing.

There have been alot of great runs.

Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Catherine, 1080 Avalanche, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, BioShock, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Blindfold, Guacamelee: Gold Edition, Silent Hill 3, Resident Evil 2, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Donkey Kong Country 3, Disney's The Little Mermaid, Quackshot Starring Donald Duck, Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment, Ultimate Doom, Deus Ex, Jak and Daxter.

It's going to be hard to pin down the absolute best runs but my favorite one so far is the blindfold run of Castlevania: SOTN.

Thanks.

Ha, I forgot that I caught the SoTN run. I've been told good things about Catherine and Tropical Freeze runs.

Bioshock's interests me just in how it'd be handled. Don't recall if I've seen a Bioshock speedrun in the past. Don't know about the quality of Bomberman 64's run but I love that game and will check it out.

They're about to show tetris TGM, you should be watching now! High level tetris is mind blowing.

Currently I have it on mute in a tiny corner window. It'll have to do until I get home.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My highlight reel so far:

Demon's Souls
DKC: Tropical Freeze Race
Catherine <-- watch the first few minutes to see the concept of the run
BioShock <-- even though the runner cheats near the end.
Dishonored <-- this might be the technically most impressive run in the show so far.
Symphony of the Night Blindfolded
Guacamelee Gold <-- especially the final boss twist
Momodora One-Handed
Silent Hill 3
Resident Evil 2
Donkey Kong 64
DKC3 Race
Hook
Quackshot
Deus Ex <-- best commentary so far.
Max Payne 2 <-- to watch a run completely fail due to PC issues and have to reboot ten minutes later
Streemerz
Gimmick!
Tetris TGM <-- Skip TGM1 and the first race of TGM2. The rest is super fun, although the blindfolded play is more novel than interesting.
Two Worlds
The Witness <-- very relaxing
Pause Ahead <-- I'd never heard of this game but it's awesome totally recommended
[not sure if there's anything worthwhile in between this and the Mario block]
Super Mario World Low% Small Mario <-- 15 year old doing the streaming
Super Mario Maker <-- maybe watch 5 minutes of this
Pepsiman
Pokemon Blue Reverse Badge Acquisition
TASBot Plays Super Mario Bros 1, 2, 3 <-- skip the stuff that comes afterwards

My highlight reel so far:

Demon's Souls
DKC: Tropical Freeze Race
Catherine <-- watch the first few minutes to see the concept of the run
BioShock <-- even though the runner cheats near the end.
Dishonored <-- this might be the technically most impressive run in the show so far.
Symphony of the Night Blindfolded

Guacamelee Gold <-- especially the final boss twist
Momodora One-Handed
Silent Hill 3
Resident Evil 2
Donkey Kong 64

DKC3 Race
Hook
Quackshot
Deus Ex <-- best commentary so far.
Max Payne 2 <-- to watch a run completely fail due to PC issues and have to reboot ten minutes later
Solid list. Bolded are ones that I've missed and going by this thread, I need to see them. I also recommend Jedi Academy to those who missed that one. Great run and an even better runner.

Cyrano

I think what always impresses me about Tetris is the amount of improvisation needed to keep up. Very few speedruns are about being creative every round and these Tetris runs demand it.

Platy

I think what always impresses me about Tetris is the amount of improvisation needed to keep up. Very few speedruns are about being creative every round and these Tetris runs demand it.

I recommend the Trials run after this one, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Mario Maker that are the most random runs left in the marathon

KevinCow

Banned
I don't understand how someone can be this good at Tetris. They're placing pieces before I've even registered what they got 3 pieces ago.

Top Bottom