• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

u4ea

Damnit, the games I want to see are always during the day when I'm working.
aka PS1 games and shooters.

Tizoc

The tone of this game is all over the place.

Earlier there's a scene where a terminally ill man drinks poison.
Next there are Kangaroos.
Sounds like a dystopian/apocalyptic australia so i dont see how thatd be strange :v
No offense to australians :x

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I remember that

I tune in and see that short video followed by this music. I wasn't ready for feels so soon.

Edit: post took too long so now we got jams. I meant the music just before this.

Aaron D.

This Strife game looks amazing, how have I never heard about it?

It came out at a time when no one cared for Doom engine games, so it barely got any coverage or sales.

As a certified Doom 1 & 2 junkie, I'm pretty ashamed to admit I've never heard of Strife. So strange as classic Doom 2 is either #1 or #2 GOAT for me, depending on my feelings for LTTP when you ask.

No matter this will soon be remedied as I picked up the Steam version of Strife just this afternoon thanks to last night's speed run.

I watched the Bioshock run a couple days ago. Shit that was amazing. He was like flying on box and shit. I like that stuff more than the indie games that seem built for speedrunning. I like all the exploits people try to get around cutscenes and dialogue, that's fun to watch. I missed the Dishonored one after it but I assume they optimize the hell out of blink timings.

giphy.gif

Reading this thread and trying to get a sense for what's worth watching.

Only caught Jedi Academy and Momodora. Having played Jedi Academy on a regular basis for 12 years, it's shocking to see one of my favorite levels finished in seconds. I knew the game let you exploit force powers and physics, but wow.

Need to catch Deus Ex, Jak and Daxter, and Demon's Crest at home.

Been jumping in and out today (back at this dumb "work" thing for the rest of the week). They keep mentioning a Witness donation incentive; do we know when the run would be? Later this afternoon?

Top Bottom