• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
1156.gif

Yeah, at first I was thinking there was no way. Then I realized it must be a pattern and that is still equally impressive. That is nuts.

Patryn

Wait, I missed them saying why it was their last. Something about no new game?

Is there some limit on games being featured that they can't be in too many GDQs in a row?

If its the players' choice to stop coming, then I understand. If it's a GDQ thing, they're nuts to cut a popular block.

Quenk

wait why no more Tetris? :((((((((

There's not a whole lot else they can showcase from the games. Maybe if they could get one of the top Japanese players to come to a gdq.

Wait, I missed them saying why it was their last. Something about no new game?

Is there some limit on games being featured that they can't be in too many GDQs in a row?

I don't believe there's a limit based on a game but there may be something based on category/run type. Super Metroid is consistently at gdqs but that's probably because kill/save is a staple and they can change categories and do races.

Notch isn't watching or donating this year because he's unhappy with Twitch or something.

That's a beyond dickish move.

Choosing to not donate to a charity that does amazing work for the world because of a new monetization system on Twitch is absurd.

But it's Notch, so I'm not surprised he's being a big stick in the mud.

Patryn

How would this benefit Twitch's bits system? Aren't the GDQ's donations separate from it?

There is no relation between Twitch's bit system and GDQ. The only remotely related bit is that GDQ is streamed on Twitch and Twitch is an official sponsor.

Notch has simply decided that hurting a charity is worth elevating an issue he finds important. He has also said that he feels that this position is a success because people are talking about it.

Well, I guess I'm talking about it but the only conclusion I've reached is that he's a giant dick.

Money changes people, and Notch is one of the biggest examples of that. I like how he constantly uses the "I grew up poor" excuse as an excuse, too.

Also none of us are talking about bits. We're talking about how Notch politicizing a good cause that itself is founded on not being politicized is the most dick thing you can do.

Top Bottom