• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

You guys caught King Buzzo from the Melvins, right?
kingbuzzo.png

Lamptramp

Picked up the XBone sunset bundle at the weekend as a birthday treat and have quite enjoyed it, certainly entertaining enough as a winter open world game.

Have had a few bugs though, mostly nothing game breaking or overly annoying but just before I logged last night I was knocked off the
tower by Fizzie
and as I landed I got the usual "fall from height" animation except that it cycles again and again with me trapped unable to end the animation. Quitting the game and reloading didn't fix it, neither did trying to fast travel.

I've got a clip saved but I think I need to upload it to post (which I'll try and do post work) but anyone else had anything similar and found an out? If its a case of losing my save that would be a pisser since I've put a good few hours in already and though I've found it entertaining enough I doubt I'd have the patience to run through it again.

:(

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to be missing missions, like the ones to uncover Fizzco secrets. Did the shredder one, but the other two?

the next one I think is at the end of the pier in the bottom right of the map. It's easy to miss.

I did this after doing the main story but I don't know if that's relevant.

sangreal

Picked up the XBone sunset bundle at the weekend as a birthday treat and have quite enjoyed it, certainly entertaining enough as a winter open world game.

Have had a few bugs though, mostly nothing game breaking or overly annoying but just before I logged last night I was knocked off the
tower by Fizzie
and as I landed I got the usual "fall from height" animation except that it cycles again and again with me trapped unable to end the animation. Quitting the game and reloading didn't fix it, neither did trying to fast travel.

I've got a clip saved but I think I need to upload it to post (which I'll try and do post work) but anyone else had anything similar and found an out? If its a case of losing my save that would be a pisser since I've put a good few hours in already and though I've found it entertaining enough I doubt I'd have the patience to run through it again.

:(

Your clip is here: http://xboxclips.com/Randomlampy/553f9250-e8bf-489f-8b7b-6bd878a5749b

When you say you quit, you mean you went to xbox home screen -> menu (start) -> quit?

Brudinho

Banned
Finished it last week , one of the best games this year for me and finally something that feels fresh!
Great job Insomniac!

Mr.Green

Instant classic!

Played about 13 hours over the weekend which is very unusual for me these days because I rarely have that kind of free time, and/or very few games can keep me interested for such long play sessions.

Definitely my GOTY.

Lamptramp

Your clip is here: http://xboxclips.com/Randomlampy/553f9250-e8bf-489f-8b7b-6bd878a5749b

When you say you quit, you mean you went to xbox home screen -> menu (start) -> quit?

My god how did you do that you witch?! :)

And yes, properly quit out of the game. Hmm...

Edit and repost for the new page. Managed to get it working at last. Cold start didn't help either so in a last fit of anger hammered fast travel about twenty times and I must have found a frame in the animation that "allowed" me to travel breaking the perpetual bug.

Happy again :)

m23

My god how did you do that you witch?! :)

And yes, properly quit out of the game. Hmm...

Edit and repost for the new page. Managed to get it working at last. Cold start didn't help either so in a last fit of anger hammered fast travel about twenty times and I must have found a frame in the animation that "allowed" me to travel breaking the perpetual bug.

Happy again :)

All Xbox clips are automatically uploaded to that website.

With how much I enjoyed this game (and am enjoying chaos squad) I think I can spare a few shillings for some tees.

Fair do's, Thats how I assumed they work but that Kill eleventy billion Hurkers* one just sits there looking no different several days on, I thought it would update as the community kills 'em.

* or less

Yeah for whatever reason we have no idea if we made the goal until after the cut-off date.

Just picked this up for $36 on black friday. I played the 24 hour free trial and thought it was okay.

Holy crap this game is amazing. Its actually pretty funny in spots too. The visuals are pretty gorgeous, and got damn the gameplay... so good.

The only negative I would say is that I'm having trouble keeping track of my style meter and ammo, basically anything in the HUD due to being completely immersed in the nonstop action and insane traversal.

I think I press more buttons per minute in this game than any game I've ever played.

Yep, there's international shipping available. Can't guarantee anything, but let me see if I can get you an additional discount code today for your love of the game :)

Wow, shipping is now virtually free from what I can tell. Looks like I can grab two instead of one.

Which two though. Fizzie Flakes is guaranteed, but I'm not sure about the other one...

SwTbF1k.png

olK7oTP.gif

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So, I'm guessing this is the rig they use to mine for the extremophiles that make up overcharge.. new baddy monster?

Either way, looks like some nice verticality over there.

1) I hope I can reach it from the main area without having to fast travel (i.e. traverse to it).

2) I hope there is a new night defense.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
So, I'm guessing this is the rig they use to mine for the extremophiles that make up overcharge.. new baddy monster?

1) I hope I can reach it from the main area without having to fast travel (i.e. traverse to it).

Find out next week!

Bessy67

Cool. I wonder if that's the rig you can see off in the distance.

Edit: Doesn't look like it. The offshore rig you can see in the game looks much smaller.

So happy to see the DLC includes new geometry to play on and doesn't just reuse what is there (not that what is there is bad, but I've spent so much time in it already).

EASILY by biggest hope. "Its a fucking video game", right? I don't care if it has to erupt from the ocean I want it connected.

Also kinda want a new faction, not now necessarily but between the two story expansions it would be nice :)

Adding some new playground is already exceeding my expectations.

So happy to see the DLC includes new geometry to play on and doesn't just reuse what is there (not that what is there is bad, but I've spent so much time in it already).

EASILY by biggest hope. "Its a fucking video game", right? I don't care if it has to erupt from the ocean I want it connected.

Also kinda want a new faction, not now necessarily but between the two story expansions it would be nice :)

Adding some new playground is already exceeding my expectations.

If that really is the Extremophile mine, I could see them introducing either a new type of OD or some sort of new monster, depending how they play it.

JimiNutz

Banned
FINALLY got around to playing this for about 5 hours yesterday and as suspected, wish I'd done it WAY sooner.

I've had a manic few months and have had barely had any time to game at all. Luckily my girlfriend picked this up for me for my Birthday and yesterday I had a solid five hours to get my teeth into it.

First thoughts:

It's beautiful. Game is absolutely stunning to look at and everything just looks 'fun'. The bright colours and sunny skies are the perfect remedy for the winter blues as well. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside playing this at home yesterday while it was so cold and miserable outside.

Traversal is a lot easier than expected and really fun. I thought the traversal looked cool in videos but was worried that it would either be too difficult/cumbersome, or too automated. They got the balance just right and it's really fun to move around the environment.

Combat is also surprisingly fun. From the videos I thought it might be a little too chaotic and descend into juat bouncing around aimlessly while I randomly fire crazy weapons. So far it's been fun experimenting with the different weapons and learning their purpose and uses on the different enemy tyes. The amps also add a nice layer to the combat strategies as well and combat has a little more depth than expected.

Soundtrack goes well with the game but wish it was expanded a little bit to include more than just punk/garage rock. I don't mind punk and it obviously suits the game well but it'd be cool if they incorporated some other genres of music as well.

Characters and humor are pretty non offensive so far. Haven't found any of the humour laugh out loud funny, but not finding it irritating either. The respawn animations are fucking brilliant though. Actually like dying to see them...

Overall I'm only 5 hours in but really enjoying it so far. Def think this will end up a serious GOTY contender based on the first five hours alone.

Traversal is a lot easier than expected and really fun. I thought the traversal looked cool in videos but was worried that it would either be too difficult/cumbersome, or too automated. They got the balance just right and it's really fun to move around the environment.

That's probably my favorite aspect of the game, traversal is a lot more involving than in a simple autoplatformer, yet it flows so smoothly. A really impressive achievement.

Overall I'm only 5 hours in but really enjoying it so far. Def think this will end up a serious GOTY contender based on the first five hours alone.

I'd say that's likely if you're liking it so much already, the game only gets better.

Top Bottom