• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

No.

Note to self, don't listen to any mods on SBF Reddit.

characters, story, and animation that is subjectively enjoyable.
What's your take on over the top borderline hentai goofy fanservice? If you can't stand it then turn away, if you like it or don't mind it, It can be enjoyable since there's a "good" amount of it.
tumblr_ncza9hpujm1rv6c48o10_500.gif

I was mistaken it's this guy.
he turns her into a rat form, which is what i remembered.
his rhymes got tiring.. :/
shana08.jpg
Oh him, did you watch it subbed or dubbed? I actually liked his voice and don't remember him rhyming at all in the sub

Oh yea forgot to say happy burthday to cranky even though he won't see this, I'm sending it in spirit

Zenfalcia

Yeah, but I didn't get a favorite.

I'll admire him from afar.

Someday you'll get noticed.
What's your take on over the top borderline hentai goofy fanservice? If you can't stand it then turn away, if you like it or don't mind it, It can be enjoyable since there's a "good" amount of it.

Oh him, did you watch it subbed or dubbed? I actually liked his voice and don't remember him rhyming at all in the sub
neptunia_e9_vert_has_been_outclassed-620x.jpg

I watched it subbed.. it wasn't really rythming.. just saying the same phrase.. over and over again. Did you watch strike the blood and get tired of hearing senpai? Kinda like that.

Saturday Morning Scrublords Pretty Fighter Ft. DragonCharlez and the rest of Team YOU'RE THE BEST FROM NOW
Yes please!
I actually meant tourneys, but this is fine too.
I stopped browsing that sub. But it's mostly due to the users
I can see why.
How's everything else? Is it redeeming other than the fanservice? I don't mind fanservice, but I need something else.

Once again, that fighting game club on campus has not shown up yet, and I gave them half an hour once again before deciding "fuck this shit, I'm going home." Another evening wasted.

When I move to Portland I'm gonna find your ass, chain you to a chair and make you watch K-ON.
That is a sight I would pay to see.

Zenfalcia

They are the kind of people who think having a sub were the content is decided by the users is a good idea

You aren't worse then reddit. So it's something

Yay.
Once again, that fighting game club on campus has not shown up yet, and I gave them half an hour once again before deciding "fuck this shit, I'm going home." Another evening wasted.

That is a sight I would pay to see.

What an amazing club. Are you sure they didn't change rooms or anything?

Watching Jeff and Dan on Battlefield Hardline is really fun.

"IM A COP DOING COP THINGS!"

*proceeds to use a Gatling gun on a truck*

What an amazing club. Are you sure they didn't change rooms or anything?
Pretty sure it's still the same. All the rooms have a weekly schedule posted that shows all the classes and clubs that go on at what times. And they did eventually start, just way the fuck later than I was willing to stay any longer on campus.

Do they have any contact info?
This is probably the part where my stubborn refusal to use Facebook or other social media is biting me hard in the ass.

Zenfalcia

I do love dragons... Edgeyness ruins dragons tho, so no. I'm not gonna watch it.

you're not missing much, tbh. Suprisingly enough, it's still ongoing.
Pretty sure it's still the same. All the rooms have a weekly schedule posted that shows all the classes and clubs that go on at what times. And they did eventually start, just way the fuck later than I was willing to stay any longer on campus.

This is probably the part where my stubborn refusal to use Facebook or other social media is biting me hard in the ass.

ah, shame.

So, I find it hard to describe this show for someone who wanted to be convinced to watch it. It's a battle royale, and it's not slow and plodding, but it's not mindless.

I find myself best describing it as a really, really, really good TV show. The pacing, the character focus, the way episodes progress, it's just put into anime form with the way it handles plot elements and characters. It breaks free of any expectations set by the medium.

I can't name any show, especially in anime as a medium, that handles things quite like this show did. (Maybe the sequels do, and I'm beyond excited to start them if so.)

Berserker, Kuritsugu, Saber, Kariya, Rider, and Lancer are some of my favorite characters from anything.

9.8/10

Someday you'll get noticed.

neptunia_e9_vert_has_been_outclassed-620x.jpg

I watched it subbed.. it wasn't really rythming.. just saying the same phrase.. over and over again. Did you watch strike the blood and get tired of hearing senpai? Kinda like that.
Ok I can see that getting grating over time, I mostly liked him outside of the action and I haven't seen it yet but I still plan to and it's likely I'll start after I finish ippo which is like 5 episodes left.

Yes please!
I actually meant tourneys, but this is fine too.

I can see why.

How's everything else? Is it redeeming other than the fanservice? I don't mind fanservice, but I need something else.
Like Zen said above, edgey and dragons. Do you like the whole royalty character taking a fall and ending up living in a hellish life compared to what they have before? Mechs fighting dragons?

croten

So, I find it hard to describe this show for someone who wanted to be convinced to watch it. It's a battle royale, and it's not slow and plodding, but it's not mindless.

I find myself best describing it as a really, really, really good TV show. The pacing, the character focus, the way episodes progress, it's just put into anime form with the way it handles plot elements and characters. It breaks free of any expectations set by the medium.

I can't name any show, especially in anime as a medium, that handles things quite like this show did. (Maybe the sequels do, and I'm beyond excited to start them if so.)

Berserker, Kuritsugu, Saber, Kariya, Rider, and Lancer are some of my favorite characters from anything.

9.8/10

Lancer? Really? Well I can't wait until you meet F/SN lancer

What's bad about it?

Hardline? It's just another battlefield game with a different coat of paint. It has all the problems I had with the past 2 battlefield games (except the unlocking system). Such as bad maps, poor vehicles (they didn't really fix it but it's made worse cause of hotwire.) and boring weapons. I do like hardline more then I like 3 and 4 however

It's Battlefield right?

It's fun with friends.

I kinda just stopped caring about battlefield like 2 games ago.

Hardline? It's just another battlefield game with a different coat of paint. It has all the problems I had with the past 2 battlefield games (except the unlocking system). Such as bad maps, poor vehicles (they didn't really fix it but it's made worse cause of hotwire.) and boring weapons.

Sadly, I don't see any other alternatives to the big 64 player FPS that's not Battlefield.

Top Bottom