• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

So, I find it hard to describe this show for someone who wanted to be convinced to watch it. It's a battle royale, and it's not slow and plodding, but it's not mindless.

I find myself best describing it as a really, really, really good TV show. The pacing, the character focus, the way episodes progress, it's just put into anime form with the way it handles plot elements and characters. It breaks free of any expectations set by the medium.

I can't name any show, especially in anime as a medium, that handles things quite like this show did. (Maybe the sequels do, and I'm beyond excited to start them if so.)

Berserker, Kuritsugu, Saber, Kariya, Rider, and Lancer are some of my favorite characters from anything.

9.8/10
Hmm, I wouldn't say the sequel handles things like Zero did, it's got a much different tone

Lancer? Really? Well I can't wait until you meet F/SN lancer
I like both lancers equality

ultimax

Berserker, Kuritsugu, Saber, Kariya, Rider, and Lancer are some of my favorite characters from anything.

9.8/10
Never forget <3
Commie-Fate-%E2%81%84-Zero-02-F1693F31.mkv_snapshot_18.32_2011.10.09_19.25.241.jpg

but really tho, I'm glad you liked it. God damn I still can't get over Kariya's ending. He was definitley my favorite. Also, God dub is godly.

sjay1994

You're missing them loving the game

Pat talks about Sailor Moon.

Take one for the team.

That game is probably voiced entirely by May and Athena's voice actors from Guilty Gear and KoF

It feels weird seeing that Nocturne was made before P3, but looks better. Eh its decent enough imo.

The hype fighting is pretty hype actually. The animations are solid.

I'll take one for the team... but I will probably go deaf after.

It feels weird seeing that Nocturne was made before P3, but looks better. Eh its decent enough imo.
You think? I'm tempted to agree, but mostly just because locations you goto in Nocturne are so varied and different. P3 (and P4) has you exploring the same areas and palette swapped dungeons.
Never forget <3
but really tho, I'm glad you liked it. God damn I still can't get over Kariya's ending. He was definitley my favorite. Also, God dub is godly.
Even the shallow characters were pretty nice.
I wonder if watching the dub is why it felt less like anime to me since I normally watch subs :x

ultimax

I wonder if watching the dub is why it felt less like anime to me since I normally watch subs :x
that scene where Aoi thought Kariya killed tokiomi, oh my godddddd, I can't even. Those last few episodes are insane. Too many feels moments to list them all
And yeah it doesn't really feel all that "anime" at all. It's pretty refreshing.
That team was hilarious

sjay1994

The moment where I see to lolis fighting, and half of one of them is in a giant green blob, is what made me go and say "fuck this game"

Those side bars don't help at all.

You think? I'm tempted to agree, but mostly just because locations you goto in Nocturne are so varied and different. P3 (and P4) has you exploring the same areas and palette swapped dungeons.
It might be the models/artstyle, but yeah. IMO the dark hour during the non anime cutscenes had a hard time displaying its tone unlike Nocturne. I might also be bias after seeing the P2 models in Nocturne.

Gen is pretty good with its characters. I wish I had the money for Aniplex's good dubs.

that scene where Aoi thought Kariya killed tokiomi, oh my godddddd, I can't even. Those last few episodes are insane. Too many feels moments to list them all
And yeah it doesn't really feel all that "anime" at all. It's pretty refreshing.
Fate/Zero
Kariya just breaking down is so fucking good. God damn.
Glad to hear somebody agree. Man, it was super good.
It might be the models/artstyle, but yeah. IMO the dark hour during the non anime cutscenes had a hard time displaying its tone unlike Nocturne.

Gen is pretty good with its characters. I wish I had the money for Aniplex's good dubs.
Oh yeah, character models are pretty obviously simplistic and sorta lacking outside of the Personas who're ripped from Nocturne. Man that was back when Persona was still a spinoff and had way less money than mainline.

I'm really glad it was on Netflix.

ultimax

Fate/Zero
Kariya just breaking down is so fucking good. God damn.
Glad to hear somebody agree. Man, it was super good.

I'm really glad it was on Netflix.
It's the same reason I love stuff like Berserk and black lagoon so much. It's like anime without the anime
Exactly. Put that shit as the end of season 1 to make it not just be set up for the second season.
oh yeah, the end of S1 is a cliff hanger. I guess that would be pretty annoying for someone who watched the show week by week and then had to wait for S2 to start. I watched it on blu ray so I didn't even notice the season change

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Just got back from watching 6 30 minute high school plays. 2 of them were good, and my friends took first.

But those 4... woof those were shitty.

Just finished showing my roommate Cowboy Bebop. He cried. We moved to JoJo. He hated it. I explained the entirety of Part 1. We started part 2. He loves it.

Zenfalcia

Just got back from watching 6 30 minute high school plays. 2 of them were good, and my friends took first.

But those 4... woof those were shitty.

Sounds like you had fun. Especially the part you had to watch plays for 3 hours.
Just finished showing my roommate Cowboy Bebop. He cried. We moved to JoJo. He hated it. I explained the entirety of Part 1. We started part 2. He loves it.

Dabes. Although without part 1 he won't be able to understand the hatred for dio.. ;_;

Part 1 isn't so great, because Jonathon is really bland, episode 1 is hard to sit through (I fast forwarded the shit out of it when it was first fansubbed), and the characters barely get developed. But man, Part 2 is so much more engaging than Part 1 and a lot of that has to do with Joseph Joestar being such a fun and awesome character.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Sounds like you had fun. Especially the part you had to watch plays for 3 hours.

Dabes. Although without part 1 he won't be able to understand the hatred for dio.. ;_;

It was okay. I made some weird hippie friends and my and my ginger friend fell asleep on each other. She has bushy, curly, ginger hair, which makes an amazing pillow when desperate.

All I read is your roommate didn't even enjoy the life and times of Dio and Joseph, and that's horrible.
It's the same reason I love stuff like Berserk and black lagoon so much. It's like anime without the anime
I think this is a stealth Black Lagoon recommendation.
I might go for it next.
Also I totally agree. I realize it's part of why I loved Berserk too.

Top Bottom