• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

AARON JMAN IS THE ONE THAT NEEDS ANIME EXPOSURE. HE WON'T EVEN WATCH JOJO

Jaymin. Have you heard of this little thing called, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

We got motherfucking frog punches!
ddb.gif

Hype-ass water walking gentlemen!
ijfqmwS6oOxjQ.gif

MEN.
tumblr_ml5tr6ib8Z1r2umvdo2_r1_500.gif

Menacing toilets!
tumblr_n6tiykinha1rl9sqto1_500.gif

The shit eatinest motherfucker around!
3440021-5657102206-tumbl.gif

AND POSES!
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tpamuvndku840os0cks04g4o_640.gif

JoJo's is barely anime while also being all anime at the same time. Seriously, the first open and shut, stand alone story is like, 8 episodes long. You should legitimately give that much a chance, if for no other reason than to shut us up.

Jman014

Jaymin. Have you heard of this little thing called, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

We got motherfucking frog punches!
ddb.gif

Hype-ass water walking gentlemen!
ijfqmwS6oOxjQ.gif

MEN.
tumblr_ml5tr6ib8Z1r2umvdo2_r1_500.gif

Menacing toilets!
tumblr_n6tiykinha1rl9sqto1_500.gif

The shit eatinest motherfucker around!
3440021-5657102206-tumbl.gif

AND POSES!
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tpamuvndku840os0cks04g4o_640.gif

JoJo's is barely anime while also being all anime at the same time. Seriously, the first open and shut, stand alone story is like, 8 episodes long. You should legitimately give that much a chance, if for no other reason than to shut us up.
Meh
What would we have to do to make you interested??

Uhhh. Nothing.

360pages

Jman might not be interested, which is fine. I have no interest in a lot of things. Like League of legends and Dota or even Shadow Run. Even if I had the money/time, I'd probably want to spend it on other things.

Hell, I pretty much cut out most live action TV outside of crime shows and the occasional comedy.

Jman014

Its actually impossible.
tumblr_nfzs0cgbSF1rp3wg0o3_250.gif

Jman might not be interested, which is fine. I have no interest in a lot of things. Like League of legends and Dota or even Shadow Run. Even if I had the money/time, I'd probably want to spend it on other things.

Hell, I pretty much cut out most live action TV outside of crime shows and the occasional comedy.
Do you watch Law and Order? I need to find out if the original series is on Netflix.
Its honestly harder on him than it is you.

He has to watch a really shit season, and you get to watch one of the greatest shonen manga of all time.

I don't even know what a shonen is.

Aaron, I'm telling you this, the trade off is not worth it. Season 2 does not get any better, it actually gets worst. It somehow made me a worse person.
I don't know why but I'm literally dying over reading this. God damn.

I should marathon Korra but it's just so average to bad that it hurts. Especially as a sequel to a really good show.

sjay1994

I don't know why but I'm literally dying over reading this. God damn.

I should marathon Korra but it's just so average to bad that it hurts. Especially as a sequel to a really good show.

Korra is so average it hurts.

ATLA is amazing. Its up there with one of the best cartoons ever.

I think i invested in the wrong dakimakura....
Disclaimer: i actually dont own a dakimakura

Casual.
I don't watch anime.

I don't watch movies, but I'll take a recommendation if enough people say it's good. I mean, I'm not saying you have to start watching anime and it's fine that you don't, not everything is for everyone, I'm just saying you're potentially missing out on something you might really like for no reason other than "I don't like them Chinese cartoons." even though Korra is pretty much anime and you clearly love it.

360pages

Also, ATLA is indeed amazing, and Korra is really meh compared to it. It really is too average, especially if you seen enough animation and worlds. What made ATLA so amazing was the characters.

Take that away, and you are left with an alright world, but not one good enough to carry a 50+ ep series. With some good fights,

Jman014

Casual.

I don't watch movies, but I'll take a recommendation if enough people say it's good. I mean, I'm not saying you have to start watching anime and it's fine that you don't, not everything is for everyone, I'm just saying you're potentially missing out on something you might really like for no reason other than "I don't like them Chinese cartoons." even though Korra is pretty much anime and you clearly love it.

Oh don't worry, I"m missing out on good games, tv, and movies too just because I don't care about watching/playing the stuff.

He'd rather be smug about his less fun life than actually have fun by broadening his horizons.

sjay1994

Also, ATLA is indeed amazing, and Korra is really meh compared to it. It really is too average, especially if you seen enough animation and worlds. What made ATLA so amazing was the characters.

Take that away, and you are left with an alright world, but not one good enough to carry a 50+ ep series. With some good fights,

You know what else makes ATLA amazing and Korra meh?

ATLA had a constant flow, and raised the stakes as it went on.

Korra is "new villain every season" and it lacks any impact.

360pages

Oh don't worry, I"m missing out on good games, tv, and movies too just because I don't care about watching/playing the stuff.

But don't you see how limiting that is? I mean, I like a ton of stuff, not just anime type things and it was from recommendations that I got into them. I even have something like Monster on the Backburner.

You're just saying you're really picky? I guess that's fine. Most of us are media fiends in here and love finding all kinds of good stuff. Especially considering we're on NeoGAF, a game enthusiast board for the crazy people.
They are super worth it trust me. The high quality material feels super good to snuggle with.
This made me laugh, but also want one.

What are these feelings.

Top Bottom