• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Oh don't worry, I"m missing out on good games, tv, and movies too just because I don't care about watching/playing the stuff.

I just can't get over this mindset, I'll never understand this. You're a mystery and a monster. You're hurting me inside with this mentality. Why be so close minded? What's the harm in trying something new once in awhile?
tumblr_mbydldFNeP1rgbma5o1_500.gif

Everything but smug is correct about me. I'm just not that interested in going outside what I'm already interested in. And yeah it's not great to be close minded like me but meh.

It's actually the worst way to be. But I'll grant that you're not smug about it, 'cause you never mention it unless it comes up.

sjay1994

I just can't get over this mindset, I'll never understand this. You're a mystery and a monster. You're hurting me inside with this mentality. Why be so close minded? What's the harm in trying something new once in awhile?
tumblr_mbydldFNeP1rgbma5o1_500.gif

None of us can comprehend him,

he will continue to laugh in our faces as this thread burns

jS8orbA.gif

Everything but smug is correct about me. I'm just not that interested in going outside what I'm already interested in. And yeah it's not great to be close minded like me but meh.

This honestly sounds somewhat similar to depression, man. Sticking that closely to your comfort zone is a sign that some things are a tad off.

360pages

I at least try to attempt new things, especially if they are free and I have the time. The only reason I don't watch as much stuff is due to my limited time. Hey I even bought Ultimiax because of the people here.

It's set 70 years after the first show. It's canon. Same composer and creators with returning people from the previous series working on the show.
Ok i understand that but the thing is were not asking you to do anything that hurts you. Were asking that you just give this thing you will probably like a chance.

Ok i understand that but the thing is were not asking you to do anything that hurts you. Were asking that you just give this thing you will probably like a chance.

The answer is no. He's just not gonna do it. We could come at it a million different ways and he's never gonna watch it or enjoy it. That's his final word.

360pages

The thing is, Anime isn't a genre it's a medium, it's almost impossible to say that you aren't interested in that sort of thing. It's like saying you're not interested in movies. (Which is funny, since I actually really don't like movies for some reason. Even Anime Movies.) you'd probably find at least one thing you would like if you try hard enough.

I know you guys are recommending good stuff. I just don't want to watch.
If you ever end up wanting something new, and I hope you do at least sometimes, because at least some rate if that is healthy, I recommend some more character action games since you liked Revengeance.
Its really hard to describe. You just have to feel it. Make sure to buy a blank cover.
I would totally just hug the blank pillow. It just sounds comfy.
O-or maybe one with s-something on it.

I do have depression.

I have depression too, man. It's been fucking terrible over the last week because I'm switching medicine and there's the whole eviction shit with some other stuff, it's been fucking terrible. But you know what's helped me through this? Watching Shark Tank. I fucking hate American TV and reality TV, but I gave something new a shot and it's helping to distract me from being miserable all the time. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone can be greatly beneficial for overcoming, or at least distracting yourself from depression!

Jman014

If you ever end up wanting something new, and I hope you do at least sometimes, because at least some rate if that is healthy, I recommend some more character action games since you liked Revengeance.

I would totally just hug the blank pillow. It just sounds comfy.
O-or maybe one with s-something on it.
...well I'd totally love Revengeance 2
I have depression too, man. It's been fucking terrible over the last week because I'm switching medicine and there's the whole eviction shit with some other stuff, it's been fucking terrible. But you know what's helped me through this? Watching Shark Tank. I fucking hate American TV and reality TV, but I gave something new a shot and it's helping to distract me from being miserable all the time. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone can be greatly beneficial for overcoming, or at least distracting yourself from depression!
I know that the medication won't do everything for me, as bad as I want it to. I know I have to put the effort into getting better but man, it's fucking hard. At least in this thread I can have fun with you guys without it being at your expenses, I hope.

I know that the medication won't do everything for me, as bad as I want it to. I know I have to put the effort into getting better but man, it's fucking hard. At least in this thread I can have fun with you guys without it being at your expenses, I hope.
Nah man we love having fun with you, its just we wanna have even more fun with you.
I really dont like depressing animes and I decided to give a really fucked up one a try and as I watched it I told these nerds my thoughts on it and we had a fucking blast.

360pages

...I just realized Croton will kill us for shitting on Legend of Korra so much. (I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but it's just super average...so much I kind of wished it was super terrible.)

Try new shit. Finding fun things you like is one of the best ways to improve your mood.

Everybody would. THE 2 HYPE.

And yeah, a lot of us in here have been there I think. While finding something new you love can help you focus on nicer things, you don't have to do that, but I hope you get the drive to go out and do new things. Whatever happens, just try and get involved with anyone you know. They can help make life a bit more bearable.

Jman014

Nah man we love having fun with you, its just we wanna have even more fun with you.
I really dont like depressing animes and I decided to give a really fucked up one a try and as I watched it I told these nerds my thoughts on it and we had a fucking blast.

I have other problems, but depression is a major one. I haven't been able to enjoy doing a lot of things in years that I want to get back into but just fucking cant

360pages

Also this, you pretty much are missing a huge amount of jokes and in talk for at least not know the basics of some things.

I also was about to drop Korra after season 2, but someone told me how good season 3 was and dragged me back in.

I had deluded myself into thinking the medication would do it all for me, then I was smacked with worse depression than I had before and I didn't understand. It's fucking awful and this thread has definitely helped me through that. I don't in any way want you to feel like you're being attacked here, at this point I'm more wanting to help you through a single step of overcoming this horrible thing you're going through, because I'm going through it too. If you don't want to watch anime for any reason other than that you're depressed, I'll drop it right now. But if it's the depression stopping you then I want to try to help you in anyway I can, and if by just giving you a little push out of that comfort zone helps at all, I want to at least do that for you.

I love you guys, you're all awesome and have helped me with my depression. I hate getting into this area of trying to give life advice, because mine's a mess and I'm terrible at it, I just really want to give back to this community in anyway I can and I hate to see other people going through the same things I am. Everything I'm saying is in the interest of helping you, the fact that it's anime is entirely secondary at this point.

Jman014

...I just realized Croton will kill us for shitting on Legend of Korra so much. (I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but it's just super average...so much I kind of wished it was super terrible.)
I don't think you guys are shitting on it. I mean yeah it's not great but I still really like it. It's the only show I've actually cared about and paid attention to, with the last show being ATLA
Try new shit. Finding fun things you like is one of the best ways to improve your mood.
Yeah I know. The psychiatrist keeps trying to push group classes for me.
Just no will to watch or not interested at all?
Meh not interested at all I guess. No will is like owning almost 250 games on Steam and not even being able to playing fucking Dota 2 that I enjoy and is installed but just can't
giphy.gif

WE HAVE MORE COMMON GROUND!
Revengeance is sick!
Everybody would. THE 2 HYPE.

And yeah, a lot of us in here have been there I think. While finding something new you love can help you focus on nicer things, you don't have to do that, but I hope you get the drive to go out and do new things. Whatever happens, just try and get involved with anyone you know. They can help make life a bit more bearable.
Thanks man. I'll figure something out I guess. And yeah all the people I know are online so yeah.

Well, I've gotta be somewhere at 10 tomorrow morning, so I'mma go to bed.
I had deluded myself into thinking the medication would do it all for me, then I was smacked with worse depression than I had before and I didn't understand. It's fucking awful and this thread has definitely helped me through that. I don't in any way want you to feel like you're being attacked here, at this point I'm more wanting to help you through a single step of overcoming this horrible thing you're going through, because I'm going through it too. If you don't want to watch anime for any reason other than that you're depressed, I'll drop it right now. But if it's the depression stopping you then I want to try to help you in anyway I can, and if by just giving you a little push out of that comfort zone helps at all, I want to at least do that for you.

I love you guys, you're all awesome and have helped me with my depression. I hate getting into this area of trying to give life advice, because mine's a mess and I'm terrible at it, I just really want to give back to this community in anyway I can and I hate to see other people going through the same things I am. Everything I'm saying is in the interest of helping you, the fact that it's anime is entirely secondary at this point.

Ganbatte Aaron. Ganbatte.

Top Bottom