• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

See the thing about another trailer is he really can't show much more. It's kind of the same issue with Bloodborne where it's like "I already kind of know how this game is going to play. It's just a matter of waiting now."

With Bloodborne we at least know that's coming soon but with Phantom pain it could be December 31st 11:59 PM release as far as we know.

Normally that makes sense, but you're underestimating Kojima. This guy makes some of the best trailers of all time for his games. The MGS5 trailers are still some of the best I've seen ever.

My schedule is free for Bloodborne! My hype has gone completely through the roof at this point!

I'm gonna try clear my schedule, but then exams are probably gonna hit because fuck me.

ultimax

See the thing about another trailer is he really can't show much more. It's kind of the same issue with Bloodborne where it's like "I already kind of know how this game is going to play. It's just a matter of waiting now."

With Bloodborne we at least know that's coming soon but with Phantom pain it could be December 31st 11:59 PM release as far as we know.
That's why I avoided all the trailers. They really did release a lot so I don't blame you.
My schedule is free for Bloodborne! My hype has gone completely through the roof at this point!
*dark spirit nico nico nii has invaded!"

Off to take my statistics exam.

I got this shit in the fucking bag.

Plus I got all dat friender support.
Extra energy from me to you. I just finished writing the last of a major report this morning and is due later this evening. I would almost say I have burden off my back, but there's still shit I gotta worry about for the next couple days.

That's why I avoided all the trailers. They really did release a lot so I don't blame you.

I try to avoid stuff but sometimes it's not possible. For example, I managed to avoid everything Type-0 and FF15 aside from launch trailers for the entire time it was a thing until the last few weeks and now I'm into hype overload mode.

Jojo part 5 spoilers

So talking heads is pretty lame. But what's worse is how stupid everyone else is being right now. They know stands can have weird ass powers/uses. Narancia's losing his goddamn mind and acting super strange, and it hasn't crossed their minds that maybe a stand user is messing with narancia. Are these guys idiots or something?

I still upset we don't get that EU Edition with all the cool shit. At least I'm getting the guidebook.
I know, but at least I can get a neat little artbook. And the guide is Future Press, and a hardcover.

But now I'm wondering if I should go digital, just for the preload...

I know, but at least I can get a neat little artbook. And the guide is Future Press, and a hardcover.

But now I'm wondering if I should go digital, just for the preload...
The true thirst. I'm too busy with school to expect to have the time to jump in within hours of release, so Amazon throwing it at my doorstep is fine.

Randy42

Is MonHun4U going to be worth it on the old 3DS? I got the demo from a friend but stuff came up and I didn't have time to try it (actually it might still work I should check that)

Is MonHun4U going to be worth it on the old 3DS? I got the demo from a friend but stuff came up and I didn't have time to try it (actually it might still work I should check that)

Its still fine. Obviously not as good without a second stick, but if you have a CPP then it'll work.

But even with only one analog stick, the boss lock on feature works surprisingly well.

Man MonHun4U is sooooo goood.

Fuck it, ordering off Amazon now.

You guys better be willing to play online so we can all be noobs together. (Except Pat who is already a master hunter with his early copy hax)

The camera control is fucking shit from the little I played of the demo but I've heard you can get used to it. Worse case scenario I just shelf it and go back when I inevitably pick up a N3DS.

Randy42

Its still fine. Obviously not as good without a second stick, but if you have a CPP then it'll work.

But even with only one analog stick, the boss lock on feature works surprisingly well.

Don't have a CPP but I've been considering getting it if I get MonHun despite the hate Pat there gave it a couple podcasts go.

Edit: I have an XL btw if that wasnt clear

Xiraiya

Yeah the Aus dollar is down pretty low right now, it's pretty annoying, though buying PC parts isn't really much more expensive than using US money and shipping it here, so it's not too bad.

croten

Ghost Trick is so good, how did Wooliam fuck up Murdered when they already had such a perfect example? Also Lynne is best Waifu

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Fuck it, ordering off Amazon now.

You guys better be willing to play online so we can all be noobs together. (Except Pat who is already a master hunter with his early copy hax)

The camera control is fucking shit from the little I played of the demo but I've heard you can get used to it. Worse case scenario I just shelf it and go back when I inevitably pick up a N3DS.

I'm picking it up on Friday. You better be ready to bring it.

Don't have a CPP but I've been considering getting it if I get MonHun despite the hate Pat there gave it a couple podcasts go.

Well its like 20 dollars on amazon if you want to take the plunge for yourself.

Ghost Trick is so good, how did Wooliam fuck up Murdered when they already had such a perfect example? Also Lynne is best Waifu

LYNNE IS SO AWESOME.

But yeah, you can also ask how David Caj-e fucked up Beyond 2 Souls when he had the perfect example also.

Such a good game. Easily one of the best opening hooks in a game I can think of. Dat Sugimori music

CPP is actually alright. MH4U is gonna be kinda rough on OG 3DS, but if you can deal with the weight, I find the CPP really comfy.

Randy42

Such a good game. Easily one of the best opening hooks in a game I can think of. Dat Sugimori music

CPP is actually alright. MH4U is gonna be kinda rough on OG 3DS, but if you can deal with the weight, I find the CPP really comfy.

Yeah wish I had a friend with the XL CPP nearby just to see how it felt to hold but alas no luck. All this talk of MH tho is just making me salty over how its not a PC game tho - if 3 had been on Steam I would easily have dumped hundreds and hundreds of hours into it.

Xiraiya

I love easter eggs and secrets in games, the amount of random detail in MGS3 that took people ages to figure out is why it's my favorite of the series I think.

If I was making/working on/developing a game, I would spend hours running around doing dumb bullshit in test builds and make notes and be like "This should do a thing when you do this other thing" etc.

Man MonHun4U is sooooo goood.

Fuck it, I still have a unused demo code and i'm gonna download it and play it tonight to see how it is. All this MH4U talk has gotten to me. Quiz Time! How essential is it to play this game using the C stick nub? I have no plans on buying a New 3DS XL until my current 2 break or if there's gonna be a Fire Emblem Edition one down the line.

Yeah wish I had a friend with the XL CPP nearby just to see how it felt to hold but alas no luck. All this talk of MH tho is just making me salty over how its not a PC game tho - if 3 had been on Steam I would easily have dumped hundreds and hundreds of hours into it.
If MH was a PC game I'd be literally a walking corpse, drained of all desire. There's actually a MH MMO, but it's not released in English.

Xiraiya

If MH was a PC game I'd be literally a walking corpse, drained of all desire. There's actually a MH MMO, but it's not released in English.

I really want to get into Monster Hunter because it sounds like a series I'd like, but the PSP version didn't seem overly interesting, I'd love a really good PC version though.

I Played MH3U for most of my hours before I got the CPP fine. The CPP is nice but not necessary. It makes underwater and Bowgun use easy though.
There is no Underwater in 4U, just to clarify for people.
Fuck it, I still have a unused demo code and i'm gonna download it and play it tonight to see how it is. All this MH4U talk has gotten to me. Quiz Time! How essential is it to play this game using the C stick nub? I have no plans on buying a New 3DS XL until my current 2 break or if there's gonna be a Fire Emblem Edition one down the line.
Lock On works fine. CPP is nicer. Nub is probably ideal.

I really want to get into Monster Hunter because it sounds like a series I'd like, but the PSP version didn't seem overly interesting, I'd love a really good PC version though.
If you wanted to play Tri on PC you could buy a Wii disc and toss it into Dolphin. You miss out on Co-op (unless there's a hack for that I guess) and all the Ultimate content though.
This makes me extremely happy but also kind of sad. I really liked the Legiacris.
Ivory Legiacrus was such a good fight just because it's the awesome Lagiacrus on land with the fucking awesome palette. Personally I love the new focus on verticality way more than Underwater.

croten

If you wanted to play Tri on PC you could buy a Wii disc and toss it into Dolphin. You miss out on Co-op (unless there's a hack for that I guess) and all the Ultimate content though.

Ivory Legiacrus was such a good fight just because it's the awesome Lagiacrus on land with the fucking awesome palette. Personally I love the new focus on verticality way more than Underwater.

Dolphin does have Net play but I've never used it, so it could be unplayable for all I know.

Guys, we may have found the new Spidey:

Dylan O'Brien
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/441438607828451328/g24eSR4S.jpeg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ce/1d/fa/ce1dfabd87c439b7a01276bcd86a3f76.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tumblr_mi0uhrR3LZ1r9gofko1_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://37.media.tumblr.com/e743cf695ce58062bcbdc737cb9a023e/tumblr_mq42po65qR1s8gxmwo1_500.png[/IMG]

He's got the look and comedic sense. Perfect.

It's not Tobey, but I don't mind. He could probably do a decent Peter/great Spidey and thats what I care about.

Xiraiya

Effort, and pretty pointless until I build my new PC anyway, which at that point there are plenty of other games I want/need to buy to play in Dolphin and stuff like that first before something like MH.

Top Bottom