• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

360pages

I'll do a short top 5 of what I remember.

1.Sonic 3&K
2. Pokemon Gold/Silver
3. Tales of Symphonia
4. Super Smash Bros Melee
5. Spyro The Dragon Series. (Original trilogy) Of course this might change once in awhile...

Top 3 objective video games of all time

Persona 4:Golden
Final Fantasy VII
Neon Genesis Evangelion

MaBxxUm.gif

tumblr_mouwe4ukdU1ran84lo1_500.gif

360pages

Dragon Ball Xenoverse actually has about only 50 characters in it, and transformations no longer count as separate forms.

It seems overall there is less fanservice in it. (Cell only has his Perfect form, Frieza only has first form and final form and Super Buu is only first form) Which is alright, they were focusing more on balance than fanservice.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse actually has about only 50 characters in it, and transformations no longer count as separate forms.

It seems overall there is less fanservice in it. (Cell only has his Perfect form, Frieza only has first form and final form and Super Buu is only first form) Which is alright, they were focusing more on balance than fanservice.

So it's more of a proper fighting game like SF?
Or will it be a masher like MvC?

360pages

Hmm...it's legit hard to tell right now. Despite it being free movement like the Spike games. The attacks, movesets placement and what not is similar to the dimps games. I don't expect it to be anywhere near SF/MvC, but it seemed that they tried super hard to please the fans with this game.

(Which might end up biting them, because it feels like they are trying to please everyone)

At least it runs at 60 on PC. Steam Sale, ohoy!
I wish I could mash in MvC. Maybe I would be less terrible at it...

Randy42

Sup bestbros. Early this podcast Liam mentioned that 60% of the FE:A DLC was garbage - as someone who only recently got it, what are the good DLCs I should actually look into getting (since I really enjoy the game)

Honestly, with all the stuff coming out this year TPP has actually dropped low on my list of hype. I'm still pumped for it but nowhere near what I was.

Then Kojima drops another huge trailer with no release date and the hype train goes back in full swing.

When you don't hear anything about a game for a while, obviously the hype drops. 2 weeks ago, I doubt anyone was as hyped for Persona 5 as they were after that trailer dropped.

360pages

At least it runs at 60 on PC. Steam Sale, ohoy!

I wish I could mash in MvC. Maybe I would be less terrible at it...

My only concern is having no break/pause whatsoever once the fight starts. What I mean by this is that, not even Ultimate attacks stop the game, you can still get hit and take damage during them (You do have super armor though) Which makes them landing them a lot harder.

croten

Then Kojima drops another huge trailer with no release date and the hype train goes back in full swing.

When you don't hear anything about a game for a while, obviously the hype drops. 2 weeks ago, I doubt anyone was as hyped for Persona 5 as they were after that trailer dropped.

When I hear those three numbers I am going to freak the fuck out.

Sup bestbros. Early this podcast Liam mentioned that 60% of the FE:A DLC was garbage - as someone who only recently got it, what are the good DLCs I should actually look into getting (since I really enjoy the game)

As someone who bought every single piece of DLC in that game (and didn't hate any of it), the future past DLC is extremely good, but shouldn't be done till end game. The rest is hit or miss and is pretty skippable.

ultimax

Honestly, with all the stuff coming out this year TPP has actually dropped low on my list of hype. I'm still pumped for it but nowhere near what I was.
I really love MGS, so for me personally, the only thing that really rivals Phantom Pain is P5. If I continued my list MGS4 would be on there

My only concern is having no break/pause whatsoever once the fight starts. What I mean by this is that, not even Ultimate attacks stop the game, you can still get hit and take damage during them (You do have super armor though) Which makes them landing them a lot harder.

Better that, than Pokken's absurd hit stops.

Seriously, the loc test of Pokken has completely obliterated all of my hype for the game. It does not look good in it's current shape.

Senpai Ninja.

Hmm...it's legit hard to tell right now. Despite it being free movement like the Spike games. The attacks, movesets placement and what not is similar to the dimps games. I don't expect it to be anywhere near SF/MvC, but it seemed that they tried super hard to please the fans with this game.

(Which might end up biting them, because it feels like they are trying to please everyone)

If it ends up being bad or playing poorly, I'll grab Budokai HD instead.

My bad for calling MvC a "masher". I still remember a lot of the MvC2 arcade days as watching mashers beat people who actually performed combos(We had a MvC2 cabinet in our game room in college)

TPP and Bloodborne are the only two games that look as if they are actually going to make my top six into a elite eight. They look fucking beautiful.

When I hear those three numbers I am going to freak the fuck out.

I could honestly care less if another trailer drops for Phantom Pain. I already know the game is going to be amazing. I just need that release date so I can start planning to camp out.

Bloodborne is only a month away. I don't know if I can fathom that hype.

demidar

If only there where S-links so I could get Goku to leave Chi chi for my kawaii desu Majin girl.

Going on a tangent, isn't it weird how Krillen wished for Android 18 to become human, and then had a baby with her?

I hope I got that right, lest I look like a foolish fool.

I really love MGS, so for me personally, the only thing that really rivals Phantom Pain is P5. If I continued my list MGS4 would be on there

See the thing about another trailer is he really can't show much more. It's kind of the same issue with Bloodborne where it's like "I already kind of know how this game is going to play. It's just a matter of waiting now."

With Bloodborne we at least know that's coming soon but with Phantom pain it could be December 31st 11:59 PM release as far as we know.

Going on a tangent, isn't it weird how Krillen wished for Android 18 to become human, and then had a baby with her?

I hope I got that right, lest I look like a foolish fool.

The thirst is real.

Krillin wasn't meeting anyone anytime soon. That bald headed, goofy looking mofo.

I could honestly care less if another trailer drops for Phantom Pain. I already know the game is going to be amazing. I just need that release date so I can start planning to camp out.

Bloodborne is only a month away. I don't know if I can fathom that hype.

My schedule is free for Bloodborne! My hype has gone completely through the roof at this point!

Top Bottom