• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Honestly I think just like in 4 at most there will be minor cameos, like Mitsurus where shes mentioned by glasses president from gekkokan.
Just cause Atlus loves 4 doesnt mean the director wants to make a needless cameo.
Plus this game looks to be in a relatively far future.

Honestly I think just like in 4 at most there will be minor cameos, like Mitsurus where shes mentioned by glasses president from gekkokan.
Just cause Atlus loves 4 doesnt mean the director wants to make a needless cameo.

Naoto wouldn't be a needless cameo though, she fits right in with the theme of this game involving theft and prison while Naoto is a detective and has interest in Persona's. Chie might be pushing it a bit far though.

grimmiq

I'm also trying to wrap my head around the fact that MGS:V and Persona 5 release in the same damn year. It's insane my hype boner is off the charts

If FFXV/Street Fighter 5 comes out in 2015 this could possible be the best year in gaming in a long fucking time.. Bloodborne, P5, MGS:V, Street Fighter 5 and FFXV in the same year would be nuts..

Oberon

Banned

They'll shove Marie in somehow.
Also, there was a chihiro cameo in P4

croten

Where are you getting far future from? I mean P3 and P4 had fucking robutts for crying out loud

Naoto wouldn't be a needless cameo though, she fits right in with the theme of this game involving theft and prison while Naoto is a detective and has interest in Persona's. Chie might be pushing it a bit far though.
Why use Naoto when they could write a completely new character?

Because Naoto!

Really though a new character would be fine as well. As much as I'd love to see Naoto in the game I wouldn't be angry if she wasn't.

I feel the same way I just love Naoto a ton and her being in a game all about theivery and crime makes total sense. If not, there's still dancing all night and her cool suspenders <3

croten

If they're just doing basic cameos then Chie makes more sense to me. You end up in a police station for one reason or another, they then mention Chief Satonaka who works at inaba also knows something about "Persona's"

Village

If FFXV/Street Fighter 5 comes out in 2015 this could possible be the best year in gaming in a long fucking time.. Bloodborne, P5, MGS:V, Street Fighter 5 and FFXV in the same year would be nuts..

DUDE YOU DON"T UNDER STAND

Now think about what you just said

Now look at the movies
Comics
And anime that comes out this year

Now go nuts.

Go nuts now

Because easy fanservice, already defined character, and Atlus loves that kind of shit.
Atlus does, not the director, again P3 only had tiny P2 cameos in the form of the trish talk show and the hermit S link, and only Mitsuru was indirectly mentioned in P4, I think the creator of Persona would rather make new characters.

croten

Nobody knows that Chie has anything to do with Personas and she's a local cop. It would not make sense for information about Personas to suddenly reach her, let alone her traveling somewhere else. Naoto actually travels around and tries to solve crimes throughout the country.

Still, neither need to appear in P5. No need to cling to P4 any further.

Yeah but let's be honest Atlus could pull it out of their ass somehow.
1997 all over again?

I think that was the date.

1998 and no. This might be a great year but nothing compares to 98.

Beloved

That moment I can't play anything because 2 of the accelerators for DirectX are suddenly "Not available", so no game will launch.

That moment I can't play anything because 2 of the accelerators for DirectX are suddenly "Not available", so no game will launch.

If it makes you feel any better, all of my purchases are pending and my bank account is locked because I bought too much shit in too little amount of time yesterday in my drunken stupor.

Xiraiya

What is the exact message you're getting when starting up a game?

She was getting "Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display control panel."
When trying to play anything, naturally the obvious first thing to do is check hardware acceleration and then re-install/repair DirectX, but re-installing did nothing and she is unable to change acceleration settings, it won't let her modify them.

Everything was fine a week ago, nothing significant has been changed/updated on the computer so it's quite weird.

grimmiq

If only KH 3 came out this year.

There is some crazy potential that could make 2015 better than 1998 IF some surprise releases happened and IF they don't fuck them up..

Persona 5
Street Fighter 5
MGS: V
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
No Man's Sky
Legend of Zelda
Evolve
Halo 5
The Division
Star Wars Battlefront
Quantum Break
The Witcher 3
Star Fox
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Fucking imagine if these came out in 2015 and didn't suck.

croten

She was getting "Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display control panel."
When trying to play anything, naturally the obvious first thing to do is check hardware acceleration and then re-install/repair DirectX, but re-installing did nothing and she is unable to change acceleration settings, it won't let her modify them.

And this is with games she has played before, yes?

There is some crazy potential that could make 2015 better than 1998 IF some surprise releases happened and IF they don't fuck them up..

Persona 5
Street Fighter 5
MGS: V
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
No Man's Sky
Legend of Zelda
Evolve
Halo 5
The Division
Star Wars Battlefront
Quantum Break
The Witcher 3
Star Fox

Fucking imagine if these came out in 2015 and didn't suck.

You forgot Xenoblade X.

Top Bottom