• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Jman014

I keep forgetting that Yu Narukami is a member of Team Shameless
p4g_thumb.jpg

Is that for real?

So juvenile school as the setting, the characters are basically delinquents who go around as masked vigilantes, plus no more shadows this time and actual fucking demons as enemies.

Yeah, this really is sounding better and better. I can only hope they delve into some serious dark shit with this cast.

After P4, I wouldn't be surprised. It was all light and happy and not like previous Persona games, so a return to form would make sense.

What are you guys' favorite universes?

I can't decide.
Drakengard/NieR. Hopelessly bleak no matter what people do.

Armored Core, specifically AC 3 through Last Raven. The original PS1 games' universe as well, because Nine Ball.

Digital Devil Saga. Dystopian future world with cyber shit and Hindu symbolism spread throughout.

Demons' Souls. Lore still better than Dark Souls (characters, too).

So juvenile school as the setting, the characters are basically delinquents who go around as masked vigilantes, plus no more shadows this time and actual fucking demons as enemies.

Yeah, this really is sounding better and better. I can only hope they delve into some serious dark shit with this cast.

It does sound way better than "kids playing detective trying to track down the killer"

What are you guys' favorite universes?

I can't decide.

Drakengard and the Xeno universe.

Xiraiya

Hmm, favorite universe, I'm not really sure, maybe Gintama, but that's too easy simply because it's one of my favorite series.
Though, most powers from most anime can be replicated in Gintama and there is an entire space side to the Gintama verse so it's as open as Mass Effect in that regard. So it's the best of many worlds, but I don't know if it's my favorite, it's close though.

JoJo universe is boring because there is very little to it (as of part 3), what makes JoJo great is the characters more so than the universe they exist in.

This is a tough question.

Also an addendum!

Basically every game Suda 51 made as part of Kill the Past (Moonlight Syndrome, Silver Case, FSR, and arguably killer7). They share enough themes and similarities (plus cameos) with each other that it basically counts.

I have a feeling i will be eaten by flying fairy flesh eating piranha bees.
If i was in JoJo i would have a stand that could put me in heavy slumber anytime i choose.
Love sleeping but can never get to it
Being in the JoJo universe does not mean you will be a stand user
So does this mean Persona 5 waifu wars won't be a thing? Or will they announce more characters later on?

There will always be waifu wars son, in everything

mike0dude

When are we gonna have politic waifu wars?

BTW we are gonna be having free talk Friday on the reddit tomorrow, we are basically gonna turn a post into the bestgaf thread...

So does this mean Persona 5 waifu wars won't be a thing? Or will they announce more characters later on?
I will only care about P5 waifu wars if one of those characters is a yandere.

Elder scrolls. Something about that universe just draws me in.
Can't believe that didn't come to my mind before. That universe has such interesting lore and was the first RPG world of its type that really grabbed me.

Top Bottom