• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Yeah I'm no fan of horror movies either, games don't ever get me but movies always do. And I don't like it.

It's super weird, because I fucking love horror games. Resident Evil, Fatal Frame and Silent Hill are some of my favorite game series of all time, but movies just fuck with me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Shackzam

I find more horror movies interesting because I was scared of them when I was little, but I grew to either like them or am indifferent to them. I like Horror movies more for the interesting premise because these movies seem to take more risks then any regular movie does. They either succeed or suck ass.

Zenfalcia

I absolutely LOATH horror movies. I've had friends make me watch stuff too, like the first 4 Saw movies, The Ring, The Grudge, etc.

The Ring was borderline traumatizing to 16 year old me.

If someone tried forcing me to watch shit like that now, I'd be more inclined to smack them.

Sadako is the cutest tho. Just look at her.

Beloved

I never understood the reasons why people freaked out about horror movies.

99% of it is just jumpscares and even still it's a movie. I don't see a creepy
(slightly attractive)
girl crawling out of a tv and killing you anytime soon.

You should. It smells fantastic.

I have an extremely vivid and active imagination and I get easily immersed in movies and such, and when that is applied to horror movies, it makes me uncomfortable at best and gets in my head in bad ways at worst.

It's hard for me to just be like "oh its just a movie". My rational mind already knows that.

Ya'll gotta watch the horror comedies like Dog Soldiers, Army of Darkness, Feast, Dead Snow, John Dies at the End, Dale and Tucker vs Evil, Cabin in the Woods, Lesbian Vampire Killers, Shaun of the Dead, Bubba Ho-Tep, and Dracula: Dead and Loving It

I have an extremely vivid and active imagination and I get easily immersed in movies and such, and when that is applied to horror movies, it makes me uncomfortable at best and gets in my head in bad ways at worst.

It's hard for me to just be like "oh its just a movie". My rational mind already knows that.

I'm just having this mental image of your rational mind just slapping the shit out of your imagination which is having a panic attack trying to get it to calm down.

Beloved

Ya'll gotta watch the horror comedies like Dog Soldiers, Army of Darkness, Feast, Dead Snow, John Dies at the End, Dale and Tucker vs Evil, Cabin in the Woods, Lesbian Vampire Killers, Shaun of the Dead, Bubba Ho-Tep, and Dracula: Dead and Loving It

I did like Shaun of the Dead, though I dont think the genre as a whole would appeal to me.

It helps that I actually like a lot of zombie movies anyway

sjay1994

I absolutely LOATH horror movies. I've had friends make me watch stuff too, like the first 4 Saw movies, The Ring, The Grudge, etc.

The Ring was borderline traumatizing to 16 year old me.

If someone tried forcing me to watch shit like that now, I'd be more inclined to smack them.

I've been kicked out of theatres sometimes during horror movies, because I wouldn't stop laughing everytime people were killed.

I find a lot of them fucking stupid.

Part 6 kind of depends on 4 at the very least.

Part 6 spoilers:
or else you'll be confused as to why the thing that rips jolyne's fingernail off gave her a stand
That's fair, but it's minor enough I think it's acceptable. Same as going straight to Part 7. It works, but you're always better off going in order.

Top Bottom