• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

I love and hate you so much right now Aaron.

I love you because that video is hilarious.

I hate you because I am wearing headphones, with the volume up high, and now my ears are ringing so hard.

Eh, the love outweighs the hate.

Only way to make that movie better is if you made the entire plot based around Sonic OCs.

I just need to remember whatever happen, my life still goes on after the exam

Exams aren't that big of a deal, man. Just get it over with and deal with whatever happens. Worst case scenario is you have to redo it or retake the class. Not a huge deal.

ultimax

Macroeconomics
Woof. I took a business class once. not a fun time. I'll be sure to lend your some of my anti-spiral dick energy.
That's fair, but it's minor enough I think it's acceptable. Same as going straight to Part 7. It works, but you're always better off going in order.

If i read them, i wouldn't skip any parts so its fiiiiiine. Even though
im curious too see whats the deal with this diego brando guy

semisonic

Banned
Macaroni economics?
:p
I liked Cabin in the Woods a good amount. I've been meaning to watch Evil Dead 2, should I watch the first for context?

I actually have the Evil Dead Dreamcast game. It's greaaaaaat

As a huge fan of all of the evil dead movies, the second one is more of a standalone/retelling.
There's a key tonal shift from the first one, which was primarily horror with some elements of very black, subtle comedy.
The second one was goofy as fuck, and is generally more charming and well accepted while still being a bit spooky.
You can go without the first one, watching it only if you want, but the key thing is that you move into Army of Darkness from there.
Army of Darkness abandons any spookiness and is just good, imaginative, goofy fun, and is one of my favorite camp movies forever.

Beloved

I've been kicked out of theatres sometimes during horror movies, because I wouldn't stop laughing everytime people were killed.

I find a lot of them fucking stupid.

A lot of them are. Those are the ones that make me uncomfortable but don't actually scare me.

I hope you're ready for the small army of Sadako Avatars I've just created!

That doesn't bother me

I don't like horror movies either, but that's because the modern horror flick doesn't interest me anymore. It also doesn't really influence me either. I can get incredibly immersed and invested in movies, but I've managed to grow a thick skin against scares, to the point that the average horror movie or even game barely influences me. That's why I like either the more fun "horror" movies such as Evil Dead 2 and the latest Cabin in the Woods or the ones with interesting premises such as The Thing (original, not remake).

A shame, really. I want to get scared.
I went to the something of deborah logan or whatever and it didn't do it for me at all either. Matt spoke of this movie at some point, right?

Also, you should watch Cabin in the Woods, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

I like being scared sometimes, that's part of the problem though with most scary movies, the scares are done so cheaply (jumpscares for example) or with extremely gory gratuitous violence, which I strongly dislike 90% of the time.

An intense well made thriller movie is more my taste.

A lot of them are. Those are the ones that make me uncomfortable but don't actually scare me.

That doesn't bother me

I like being scared sometimes, that's part of the problem though with most scary movies, the scares are done so cheaply (jumpscares for example) or with extremely gory gratuitous violence, which I strongly dislike 90% of the time.

An intense well made thriller movie is more my taste.

Your sense of 2spooky4me is very misleading <.<
Sure, though I find the retelling of Evil Dead 2 to be more fitting with the tone of Army of Darkness. He can watch Evil Dead 1 if he wants to do so, but I wouldn't say it's really necessary.
That's true, Evil Dead one actually tries to be a horror movie and fails, but is still great for being campy, 2 just kinda throws it all out of the windows and is goofy.

Sure, though I find the retelling of Evil Dead 2 to be more fitting with the tone of Army of Darkness. He can watch Evil Dead 1 if he wants to do so, but I wouldn't say it's really necessary.
I've just heard that Evil Dead 2 is a reboot/retelling of 1, so I didn't know if there was in-jokes about the first I'd miss.

My god that's adorable
Please don't make this moegaf guys I was just making a comment

Sadako is adorable, she's my horror movie waifu!

How so? xD

Also seeing images like that (your avatar), actually helps. I'd much rather think about an adorably creepy anime girl creeping out of my TV than anything else.

You find certain things spooky and not other things.
I never found Sadako creepy, she was just a really sad girl who really wanted to cuddle.

It's super weird, because I fucking love horror game s. Resident Evil, Fatal Frame and Silent Hill are some of my favorite game series of all time, but movies just fuck with me.

Allow me to play armchair shrink here.

I think a lot of that comes from a feeling of control that you lose watching movies vs playing video games.

I've just heard that Evil Dead 2 is a reboot/retelling of 1, so I didn't know if there was in-jokes about the first I'd miss.

The first bit of Evil Dead 2 is a recap of 1 as it actually is a sequel. Something happened to them being able to the original actors or something.

Allow me to play armchair shrink here.

I think a lot of that comes from a feeling of control that you lose watching movies vs playing video games.
Definitely for me. Not being able to be in control of the movie drives me crazy as the protagonist/character acts like a dumbass.
My god that's adorable
Please don't make this moegaf guys I was just making a comment
SOMEBODY SAID THE MAGIC WORD
giphy.gif

Remember when Takamura fought Yajima that time
And he got tagged and then immediately instakilled Yajima
And it was the sickest match anyone's ever fought

360pages

Man i can't wait to read the rest. Thats the part im especially looking forward to.

i actually really want to try this game. it looks pretty cool

They added a Stamina bar for defense and vanishing. As a result supers and Ki attacks are fine by themselves.

Skrams

Im so conflicted on whether i should read the rest after Part 3 ends...Because if Part 4 gets announced ima cry

If there isn't a tease for Part 4 at the end of this season then I'll be kind of sad. It'd be pretty easy to do. Part 4 will definitely happen. It'll just take another 2 years probably.

You should still read it though.

Also jesus christ Persona 5 avatars. I also didn't realize cat because cat burglars until 5 minutes ago. Persona 5 looks so cool.

Definitely for me. Not being able to be in control of the movie drives me crazy as the protagonist/character acts like a dumbass.

As opposed to video games where the player has control and can make sound judgments.

Movie characters are not afforded that luxury, especially in slasher films. Lots of irrational decision making because of adrenaline and such.

Beloved

I absolutely agree. If you're looking for a more thriller kind of horror, I'd still recommend Alien and The Thing (1982). They can both be somewhat bloody and the latter just gross, but not in a gratuitous and unnecessary way, and they're both sublime movies that do not rely on cheap jumpscares to get their audience on the edge of their seat. I cannot recommend these two enough.

And again, for goofy horror, go Cabin in the Woods, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

I enjoyed Alien and Aliens. Enough so that I also watched a full LP of Alien Isolation and want that game at some point super bad.

I've seen The Thing too but it was a long time ago and I don't think I paid as much attention as I should have. Might watch it again at some point if the mood strikes.

Not really, you'll be fine.

Yeah. I eventually appreciated the goofyness more than I appreciated the genuine attempt at horror, because I found the goofy movie to be better at what it was trying to do.

I would of liked the recent reboot of it to have been decent, but much like all other modern "horror" movies..I was sadly disappointed
Yo is that from Inu x Boku? That anime was adorable!

As opposed to video games where the player has control and can make sound judgments.

Movie characters are not afforded that luxury, especially in slasher films. Lots of irrational decision making because of adrenaline and such.
Games can still wrench control or get you in a situation where you HAVE to do the thing to progress, and that's really effective since you have no other option.

The opening of The Cat Lady got me super bad.

I enjoyed Alien and Aliens. Enough so that I also watched a full LP of Alien Isolation and want that game at some point super bad.

I've seen The Thing too but it was a long time ago and I don't think I paid as much attention as I should have. Might watch it again at some point if the mood strikes.

Wish you said something sooner, I'd gladly would've sent you my copy.

But now it's sacrificed for the good of a N3DS.

Beloved

Wish you said something sooner, I'd gladly would've sent you my copy.

But now it's sacrificed for the good of a N3DS.

It's all good, I don't have a way to play it yet. I just have my laptop, and I dont have a console.

And now that I have this goddamn DirectX problem, I cant even play stuff on my laptop for the time being.

Top Bottom