• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

SHACK, I'LL AVE-oh Arc just replaced you and did it himself okay. Also UT split from us for reasons

Oh boy this fresh food.
latest

I have fun with the core game regardless. I was rolling with the given armor and with minimal upgrades on my weapon until 5 star quests. Skill is just as powerful, and actually moreso, than putting time into it.

And that's what I was kinda figuring. Being a SP Gunner sucks shit.

I can't really put into words about why I'm starting to really dislike this game. I know that this kind of game is just "rush to the endgame and fuck everything else," but for someone who has no idea what the endgame is like, the first 15 hours of this game don't give me any kind of hope that I'll be able to start enjoying anything about it another 20 hours down the line.

And its not really a matter of that I can't commit to it, but just nothing here has really convinced me I'll eventually enjoy it if I do commit.

I should also stop talking negatively about the game because I know how much you guys like it so that's enough complaining from me.

I can't really put into words about why I'm starting to really dislike this game. I know that this kind of game is just "rush to the endgame and fuck everything else," but for someone who has no idea what the endgame is like, the first 15 hours of this game don't give me any kind of hope that I'll be able to start enjoying anything about it another 20 hours down the line.

And its not really a matter of that I can't commit to it, but just nothing here has really convinced me I'll eventually enjoy it if I do commit.

I should also stop talking negatively about the game because I know how much you guys like it.
Nah, you could take your time with it. I mean Pat is talking about playing like crazy and has a review copy and we both just got HR7 last night, but he's been making tons of different weapons and armor sets while I'm making it harder for fun and rushing through cause that's how I play (till I hit G-rank).

That said, it is one of those games like Pat said where it can take awhile to really get a feel of what the game is like. These early fights are babby easy and kinda muddle together. Later fights are way cooler monsters, way harder, etc.

And I'm only worried you're having a misunderstanding or somethin'. Like how I'd be worried if someone said they hated Dark Souls and you find out they're trying to exclusively use a bow. Though I probably come off more like a rabid fanboy.

beinfilms

So, apparently, what happens when I leave the thread for just the better part of a day, it goes full-on Battle Royale. Huh.

I always miss the interesting things in groups.

Top Bottom