• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Monthly serialized manga has godawful pacing, especially since the authors almost always seem to get sidetracked by fucktons of subplots, instead of completing whatever early goal they set (like getting to Eren's basement), then going all sorts of other shit so the plot keeps moving.

Monthlies depress me, especially when there is a hiatus, or the sub group drops it, without a trace.

Zenfalcia

Monthly serialized manga has godawful pacing, especially since the authors almost always seem to get sidetracked by fucktons of subplots, instead of completing whatever early goal they set (like getting to Eren's basement), then going all sorts of other shit so the plot keeps moving.
I know, that's the joke. The funnier thing is, due to popukarity the author tossed out his original ending and now doesn't know when the series will end.

What basement!?!? It's not like eren has a key or anything and been talking about it for half of the early parts of the series. No siree. Who cares about his dad!
Ah well I suppose that's what happens with prime time shonen animes, can show people getting decapitiated, it's not good for the kids!

I have no complaints otherwise, it's a lot of fun, I was put off from watching it till now mostly because of the rabid idiocy of the fanbase, same with KLK
Yep, gotta appeal to a broad audience.

Yeah... If you ignore the fanbase, it's a decent series that forgets where it's going at times.

Zenfalcia

You think so? Because I feel like the manga dragged on a bit too much at times. Granted, I only finished the first 8 or so volumes of the manga, and the first 10 episodes of the anime.
No, but if you read fast you blow through the crap that the anime takes episodes to cover. It seems better paced that way.
The noise comes we are ready to bow
What about the antidote for the jammed and hypotized
I don't actually know the rest of the lyrics...
Monthlies depress me, especially when there is a hiatus, or the sub group drops it, without a trace.
don't remind me ;_;
Goddammit, Life Is Strange got a decent sized Patch, made me think for a minute Episode 2 had been released.
What did it even fix?

Xiraiya

Fullmetal Alchemist was Monthly, the Author was pretty decent with her pacing it appropriately.

*cough cough HUNTER X HUNTER cough cough Berserk cough*
On a previous forum the same couple of people would get upset over and over when I would make remarks about HxH being on Hiatus and would make excuses for justifying it.
And so I responded to them with a screenshot from Gintama of Gintoki making fun of it always being on Hiatus, I mean that's how bad it is, another Manga is now in on the Hiatus joke and has been for years.

What did it even fix?
Fixed v-sync settings not applied in windowed mode unless going fullscreen
Fixed email address validation issues in Square Enix Membership screen
Fixed keymapping issues for Qwerty and Azerty keyboards, where some symbols were switched.
Fixed print screen key causing the game to crash.
Fixed several gamepads conflicting making camera move by itself
Fixed infocast message stuttering
Fix game not pausing when alt tabbing / switching apps in full screen mode.
Fix control scheme not switching between gamepad and mouse/keyboard during major choices
Fixed missing teaser photos at the end of Episode 01.
Some minor fixes/changes made in order to pave the way for Episode 02

semisonic

Banned
Fullmetal Alchemist was Monthly, the Author was pretty decent with her pacing it appropriately.

On a previous forum the same couple of people would get upset over and over when I would make remarks about HxH being on Hiatus and would make excuses for justifying it.
And so I responded to them with a screenshot from Gintama of Gintoki making fun of it always being on Hiatus, I mean that's how bad it is, another Manga is now in on the Hiatus joke and has been for years.

Its super rough to be a fan.

Emouse

I know, that's the joke. The funnier thing is, due to popukarity the author tossed out his original ending and now doesn't know when the series will end.

What basement!?!? It's not like eren has a key or anything and been talking about it for half of the early parts of the series. No siree. Who cares about his dad!

Yep, gotta appeal to a broad audience.

Yeah... If you ignore the fanbase, it's a decent series that forgets where it's going at times.

That's one of my biggest gripes with it, the author changing the ending is fucking weak

No, but if you read fast you blow through the crap that the anime takes episodes to cover. It seems better paced that way.

This is also why I vastly prefer reading shonen to watching it, fights are faster paced and don't drag on for 3 episodes or more, it's usually a matter of chapters which are fairly short, like the first 25 episodes of Naruto were covered in 4 volumes of the manga and it was just better, watching that show was honestly the biggest waste of my time ever, that and the first two seasons of Bleach, I should've gone with the manga from the beginning

Xiraiya

Its super rough to be a fan.
It's not like I don't understand, Beloved made me watch it with her, and by the time we got through Greed Island, I was really enjoying it, I was a big fan of that arc because it almost felt like the "trapped in an MMO" situation but with Yugioh card game rules, so it was really interesting.

And then Chimera Ant was fucking awesome on so many levels and before I knew it, the Anime was over and it'll be years before it comes back, right as HxH had just gotten hype too.

Zenfalcia

That's one of my biggest gripes with it, the author changing the ending is fucking weak

This is also why I vastly prefer reading shonen to watching it, fights are faster paced and don't drag on for 3 episodes or more, it's usually a matter of chapters which are fairly short, like the first 25 episodes of Naruto were covered in 4 volumes of the manga and it was just better, watching that show was honestly the biggest waste of my time ever, that and the first two seasons of Bleach, I should've gone with the manga from the beginning
I have no gripes about it, as long as it ends well.

I prefer reading too. I just like going through series at my own pace. Some things are so much better with an anime production. Like sound, music, voice acting, and animation. Woof... At least you enjoyed it?

Citrus doesn't move, at all, Monster Musume hasn't been updated since the year began, and Minamoto-kun, even though it has eight page chapters, gets updated like a monthly.

;_; I need my smut, man...
I think Monster Musume's scanlations have dried up since Seven Seas is pumping out volumes pretty quickly, plus I know it can be hard for scan groups to get raw manga to scan and translate sometimes.

Nordicus

Don't let us down Sunrise. This style is promising
tumblr_nl1zcyGBsb1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

Zenfalcia

Citrus doesn't move, at all, Monster Musume hasn't been updated since the year began, and Minamoto-kun, even though it has eight page chapters, gets updated like a monthly.

;_; don't remind me.. Citrus is on such a cliff hanger right now.. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS... Minamoto-kun, you'd think it would be weekly with the quality of art it has.

I can hit you up with completed ones.

Emouse

I have no gripes about it, as long as it ends well.

I prefer reading too. I just like going through series at my own pace. Some things are so much better with an anime production. Like sound, music, voice acting, and animation. Woof... At least you enjoyed it?

Yeah I get you, I prefer manga overall because black & white looks great, as do giant over exaggerated sound effects drawn across the page, but yea I enjoyed Naruto at the time, after all the fillers and shippuden stuff I stopped, still enjoying the mango tho, I love my OTT stupid shonen battle manga

Try being an MPD Psycho fan, volume 9 came out 2009, vol 10 was 2011 and vol 11 was 2014, and those are official releases/translations cuz no one is doing it online

Zenfalcia

Hey its not toei so its not a guarantee.
Still, it might not live up to the hype you want.
Yeah I get you, I prefer manga overall because black & white looks great, as do giant over exaggerated sound effects drawn across the page, but yea I enjoyed Naruto at the time, after all the fillers and shippuden stuff I stopped, still enjoying the mango tho, I love my OTT stupid shonen battle manga
It's great if there's tons of detail and quality so you can enjoy the art. Otherwise it's not great.
guys pls.
it's going to be bad tho.
I will find you

tumblr_muhg19endP1qbe3m9o1_400.gif
You know i'm right tho.

Emouse

It's great if there's tons of detail and quality so you can enjoy the art. Otherwise it's not great.

Oh yeah totally, bad manga is the worst, but bad anime is even worse than that, I may pull up some early bleach manga/anime comparisons later if I'm not busy with stuff

Xiraiya

That reminds me though, awhile ago I got Beloved to watch Bicentennial Man with me and that movie was pretty much as great as I remember it being, felt like a prequel to iRobot, it aged oddly well.

Top Bottom