• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zenfalcia

2089af9e8897b94f789e2334774c6447781257f2
200w.gif

Oh yeah totally, bad manga is the worst, but bad anime is even worse than that, I may pull up some early bleach manga/anime comparisons later if I'm not busy with stuff
i agree, with manga, at least you can power through it quickly. Anime is at a set amount of time... It gets hard to finish.
How is ufotable not hemorrhaging money?
Magic.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I got DMC collection coming in tomorrow. What order do I play them? I also have DMC 4 on PC.

I'm guessing 1>3>4? Or should I play 2 as well?

In my opinion, give 2 a try, but don't feel obligated to beat it. The story is also self contained and has no bearing on the rest of the series. It gives some perspective on the troubled development, and makes you appreciate the other titles, I suppose.

1>2>3>DmC>4:SE

Why would you put it in the middle like that? It doesn't make much sense.

semisonic

Banned
I tried to work part time while being a full time student last semester. My GPA dropped at an alarming rate, some people can do it but I sure couldn't.
That's a good amount of my fear too.
Can't risk it after I failed GDAPS last moment last semester.
Welcome to the bestGAf, btw
Remember, you're here forever.
I am calm, I was not being serious.

I can never tell with you.
It's kind of a problem.

What's with all these newbies?
Was there just an approval day or something?

Rizzi

Ah.. hah. I thought I finally got all my mods working together.
... Now npc's spin around in a circle staring at the sky when they are in combat.

It's true, my 7 year old half sister is older than Liam, her future kids will be older than Liam.

The second every baby is born on this planet they're already older than Liam.

I don't own DmC(nor do I have an urge to get it).

That's a shame. DmC:DE is actually pretty damn solid with the new features. This feels much more like a DMC game.

He's probably stealing youth from matt, pat, and woolie.

Well he is planning on taking over the company one day and making it into Criminal Girls Corporate.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't own DmC(nor do I have an urge to get it).

The biggest piece of advice I can give you when starting DMC is that your jump has invincibility during the beginning frames, so you can use it as a pseudo dodge if you time it correctly. Trying to jump out of the range of attacks will often get you hit, since you don't have much lateral movement until you get Air Hike (double jump), but if you jump right before an attack would hit, it'll miss.

This isn't something explained in the game otherwise. Have fun and feel free to post if there are issues.

semisonic

Banned
This poll proves F-Zero attracts zero interest when push comes to shove.

Morning, felt like being a bit of a dick today. Just a little though.

Fact.

Well I guess it's getting near that time for me to start me 2nd ever MGS game after 2.
I'm excited.
Also how much does camo matter?
Or should I just not care.

Ilvocare

The biggest piece of advice I can give you when starting DMC is that your jump has invincibility during the beginning frames, so you can use it as a pseudo dodge if you time it correctly. Trying to jump out of the range of attacks will often get you hit, since you don't have much lateral movement until you get Air Hike (double jump), but if you jump right before an attack would hit, it'll miss.

This isn't something explained in the game otherwise. Have fun and feel free to post if there are issues.

Damn, I had my suspicions but never knew for certain. I should be able to handle Nevan now.

Xiraiya

Well I guess it's getting near that time for me to start me 2nd ever MGS game after 2.
I'm excited.
Also how much does camo matter?
Or should I just not care.

It actually does matter to an extent, but if you're a good shot with the Tranq at a distance, then it doesn't really.
Most of the ones you start with are generally effective in most areas, I really think you should have started the game with nothing but the green fatigues and then make you collect the rest as the starting ones feel too useful.

semisonic

Banned
Why does my mind assume you are making that face towards a small and defenseless child out of frame.

I have the opposite problem, I have too much beard too quickly.

Because I am.
Except it's fully grown mostly black men.
And I took the picture while blinking so goddamnit.
What's the equivalent of peach fuzz for beards?
shitbeard.
And it's not as bad as peach fuzz because it has a color, thankfully.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Damn, I had my suspicions but never knew for certain. I should be able to handle Nevan now.

Yep, your roll has more generous i-frames (and lateral movement) as well, but there's more recovery. Timing a jump correctly lets you immediately perform an air attack like a Helm Breaker to punish, or perform SkyStar to get away.

You're on Nevan? Fun fight. Keep in mind that she's weak against Ice and Light.

Oberon

Banned
Because I am.
Except it's fully grown mostly black men.

And I took the picture while blinking so goddamnit.

shitbeard.
And it's not as bad as peach fuzz because it has a color, thankfully.

I think I might stop shaving for a while to see what happens. ( I think every teenager should have at least once stupid facial hair)
I has been almost 2 weeks

Zenfalcia

Well the alpacas played such a large part on the show they had to be in!

They are pure sacrifice cards, you can't put them on your team. You open their necks and let blood rain upon your idols for a pretty big XP boost.
I guess it does.
i havent seen S2 so idk.

Blood to the blood god!

I guess it does.
i havent seen S2 so idk.

Blood to the blood god!
It was sarcasm, I don't even remember them showing up other than the girls being hype over them and the one with the brown coat being pregnant and an asshole.
You saw nothing.
It was a good joke, but that may have been for the best.
So, I just found out about Touken Ranbu.

It's basically
male version of Kancolle with time travel.
Oh really.

Top Bottom