• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Yep. I've been on blackout and not watched any trailers since the Chalice stuff. I tried to watch this with the mind of a normal person trying to be sold on a video game. I couldn't do it. I think even a normal person would want to see gameplay instead of it weirdly crammed into a corner and barely able to tell what's happening. Fucking they could of just shown the giant wolf boss jumping down and it would of been practically the same thing.

Also yeah, noped at the beginning of the talking.

But the song that they crammed in there was really good!

Too be fair... how do you advertise something like bloodborne to the general public?
Show off some of the cooler enemy designs, show off a boss fight, at least some more gameplay than they did.

I'm one of the people that's aware of Bloodborne but isn't interested, and that commercial didn't even try to sell it to me.

Too be fair... how do you advertise something like bloodborne to the general public?
Dark, moody music, an old man saying that you are the only hope against a curse you don't even understand, and saying that you should have no hope after all, followed by a bunch of shots of the player dying and then resurrecting. It has to be a challenge.

Could someone remove the white background from this?
nLN5BGP.png

I did my best. Sorry if it looks shitty.

I'm friends with people who are 19/20/21, they don't talk like that(then again I would avoid anyone that did), one of my friends is a huge hipster and also 18, she still talks like a normal human being. This dialogue really sounds like a bunch of older people guessing what teenagers would say and failing miserably.

i see nothing wrong with the dialogue in Life is Strange. I say Hella and Awesome Sauce all the time
People say hella, I don't like the word but people do use it. The problem is that the vocabularies of these characters are wildly inconsistent and you can't tell me that literally every teenager talks like that.

Xiraiya

I'm friends with people who are 19/20/21, they don't talk like that(then again I would avoid anyone that did), one of my friends is a huge hipster and also 18, she still talks like a normal human being. This dialogue really sounds like a bunch of older people guessing what teenagers would say and failing miserably.

Are you talking about Life Is Strange? I don't know, it's not that far off, I think the weird dialogue just makes it more entertaining, because then it gives it that DP/David Cage feel where everything is kind of off by a bit but amusing because of it.

Top Bottom