• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

DAT GERUDO VALLEY GOT ME ALL

zelda-dance.gif
"YEA YEA... BAOOW!"~

We literaryGaf now.
Is this 50 Shades of grey?

Anung

Un Rama
I love Matt. He's just super normal compared to all the insane people on the channel. He definitely kicks everyone else's work ethic into the ground,

Dude we were all playing 3U months before And then up to 4U, it's fiiiiiine

I like Matt as well. Dude just doesn't play to his strengths all the time. Sometimes he's on a play-through/video and he should absolutely not be there.

Anung

Un Rama
Do you guys prefer the blind LP's or LP's where they know what they are doing going in?

LP's where they know what they're doing. Double blind LP's can be weak at best and cringe at worst depending on the type of game. One of them has to at least know something about the game at hand.

Xiraiya

Sometimes he's on a play-through/video and he should absolutely not be there.

There was no reason for him to be in the nuzlocke LP, but at least he wasn't as annoying as Liam.
Really I think Matt should just avoid trying to push his solo videos, or at the very least not do a full LP, he has the most solo content of everyone but that's because it seems like he insists on it being a good idea, it's not really, one offs on very rare occasions are fine.
Ironically, Pat solo stuff is always interesting to watch and oddly engaging and I wish he would do more, but I don't know how a full LP would go.

I prefer the ones where one person knows what is going on and the other does not. It is part of the reason why I like Heavy Rain, Yakuza 4, and Streetwise so much
I'm happy either way, it really makes no difference to me, but having one of them be blind and one knowing what's going on is always a good middle ground.

Do you guys prefer the blind LP's or LP's where they know what they are doing going in?

Blind. Far more interesting to see what they can and can't pick up on.

I'm also ok with one of them knowing the game, like the DS playthrough, and guiding the hips of the other guy.

Ironically, Pat solo stuff is always interesting to watch and oddly engaging.

It's his calm voice. His solo parts are amazing in every little chance we've had to enjoy them.

JoJo94

There was no reason for him to be in the nuzlocke LP, but at least he wasn't as annoying as Liam.

Really I think Matt should just avoid trying to push his solo videos, or at the very least not do a full LP, he has the most solo content of everyone but that's because it seems like he insists on it being a good idea, it's not really, one offs on very rare occasions are fine.

Ironically, Pat solo stuff is always interesting to watch and oddly engaging.

I personally like Matt's solo stuff a lot especially his NMH playthrough. His Bondathon isn't for me personally though as I am not a huge Bond fan But I'll watch it. I do wish Matt had more confidence in himself sometimes though because he does beat himself up sometimes.

Ants

The ones where one of them knows the game intimately and the other doesn't really know it that much -- and the one who does not know the game is the one playing it -- are the best in my opinion.

Numb

Liking these mystery boxes.
I always preffered one-offs and the brawls are my fav thing they do followed by FNF.
Always love it when they are against each other and the salt is flowing. FNF is in the same vain but not enough salt
Watched the Anarchy reigns vid waay too many times.

Xiraiya

It's his calm voice. His solo parts are amazing in every little chance we've had to enjoy them.

I think it's because Pat is exactly the same whether someone is there or not, which somehow doesn't make it feel like there is anything lacking.

Matt solo stuff though causes him to talk every second of the video and I just find it grating, I didn't care for NMH, and it's cool he worked on the game, but I tend to care more about the small details about the game, strategy and approach method and so on, it's much more immersive, which I guess is why I tend to prefer Pat and also Liam come to think, there are very few LP instances where he seems like a problem to me, it's more podcasts that I find him annoying.

JoJo94

I kind of hate that getting a larger fanbase really does equal seeing more complaints. I mean it's kind of like Burnie said on an RT podcast which is the people who like your stuff don't really say anything but the people with complaints always feel the need to voice them. I rally do wish people who liked their stuff left more comments on videos even if they do get lost. Though I will never feel the stress Matt feels from having to deal with and try to please so many fans I hope he can understand that the complaints really are just a small amount of people compared to the ones who like them. Matt we believe in you and the rest of the Zaibatsu!!!

Numb

I've kinda memorized the entire thing at this point and it still gives me a giddy smile every time Pat destroys Woolie. You can hear the salt pouring out of his dreads.

Pat never winning before and sweeping in it made it clear never to lose to him. Salty when losing but even crazier winning.
They should do FNF where they choose a game and practice during the week and have a small salty tournament like Dive Kick. They have a system already though.
i said salty too much and im now watching saltybet

Man I keep forgetting I dont use dual blades anymore so I gotta be more careful on capture quests and stop wailing on the fucking monster with my charge blade

Jman014

I'm sure she loves other things too.

Well it's not happening in the Sims game that I have set up. I'm not sure if it's supported or not, either. Didn't actually bother to check when I downloaded the family from the gallery.

I don't care for Korrasami but I guess it's good that people got super hyped over it!

Top Bottom