• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco4Coco

So.... In my boredom, I decided to watch sonic boom.

Surprisingly its decent, although its fucking weird hearing Ezio be sonic and Roy Mustang as Knuckles.

Also, the rule of sonic is unbroken. New friends are horrible. Stix ascends Big the cat levels of bad.

So you love it?

sjay1994

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Played the game for seven hours today. Had no insane issues like day 1, where there was mad popin, frame drops, etc.

Only frame drops I had was in a mission where they thought it was a brilliant idea to have 10,000 npcs on screen.

But its honestly been fine now. ITS FINE!

The "companion app and initiates" chest are still the worst things ever though. Also, I though the microtransactions were disgusting day 1. They still are gross, but now I am wondering who would actually spend money on them since doing the Cafe missions gives you more money than you know what to do with.

ultimax

I would if it was fucking available. YOU FUCKED UP THE HD RE RELEASE KONAMI, GOD DAMN IT

im pretty pissed about that too, because i bought the HD collection a while ago, and now everyone and their grandma tells me not to play it because it sucks ass. I dont have any room to hook up a ps2, and i own a mac, so no pc version for me ;_;

Rizzi

I mean, I'd buy it on PC, but my cpu is getting kiiiiinda old.
i5 2400, so I don't think it'd run super great what with all of the npc's.

ultimax

Played the game for seven hours today. Had no insane issues like day 1, where there was mad popin, frame drops, etc.

Only frame drops I had was in a mission where they thought it was a brilliant idea to have 10,000 npcs on screen.

But its honestly been fine now. ITS FINE!

The "companion app and initiates" chest are still the worst things ever though. Also, I though the microtransactions were disgusting day 1. They still are gross, but now I am wondering who would actually spend money on them since doing the Cafe missions gives you more money than you know what to do with.

What system are you playing it on btw?

im pretty pissed about that too, because i bought the HD collection a while ago, and now everyone and their grandma tells me not to play it because it sucks ass. I dont have any room to hook up a ps2, and i own a mac, so no pc version for me ;_;

Using wine or dual booting windows should work on a mac.
You have no excuses!

No. Its probably something I would ever watch if I have no other options.

But it made me laugh with their evil fireman robot, that shoots fire, puts babies back into burning buildings, and puts cats in trees.

Touche french animation studio.

The cutscenes in the game itself looked like fun Saturday morning cartoon stuff. Too bad the actual game is just....yuck.

sjay1994

What system are you playing it on btw?

PS4. Honestly, if they held the game back to get these patches in, the game would have reviewed fine.

The microtransactions and companion chest stuff is still gross no matter what though.

Hopefully next year, they get it right. They probably will... I mean ubisoft montreal usually fucks up a game using a new engine, then makes a sequel that is exceptionally better

AC1-AC2

AC3-AC4

and hopefully whatever comes after Unity.

Also... kinda stuck with this game since I bought the season pass. I traded in evil within (fuck that game) and had nothing to spend the money on since I have already paid of every game that I want.

And I am not interested in anything coming out this year except PQ and Far Cry 4, so I said fuck it.

Hope China is decent.

Ubiplz get your shit together. This has been a horrible year for them.

It is excessively terrible. Framerate issues, lag, audio desync, missing textures, audio loops, lots of people complain the controls ven just randomly freeze up.

Apparently it was ported from the Beta source code. So... Yeah.
I got a 770 a few months ago to replace my dead 660ti.
You can hit like 30-50 then, maybe? I know it takes a 980 4GB to keep 60 stable right now,

The minimum specs just to get it running at 30 are way too high. You need like a 750 as a bare minimum.

I think the minimum was like a 680, which is far more powerful than the GPU in the PS4.

Ubisoft simply did not give a single fuck when it came to Unity, and either should the consumer. Fuck this game, and fuck Ubisoft.

sjay1994

The cutscenes in the game itself looked like fun Saturday morning cartoon stuff. Too bad the actual game is just....yuck.

Is the music at least any good? Because the unequivatal law of Sonic games is that the games will range from questionable to terrible quality.... but the music is usually great. Except that bioware RPG... the fuck were they thinking with that.

Is the music at least any good? Because the unequivatal law of Sonic games is that the games will range from questionable to terrible quality.... but the music is usually great. Except that bioware RPG... the fuck were they thinking with that.

The music is melodyless and bland.

It's shit, all around.

ultimax

It is excessively terrible. Framerate issues, lag, audio desync, missing textures, audio loops, lots of people complain the controls ven just randomly freeze up.

Yeah, you yelled at me before for buying the HD collection ;_;

I also watched Demo D's video on it and it was hilarious. im still pissed tho. Maybe i'll use the disc as a coaster.

i actually have VM Ware fusion with windows 7 ready on my mac lol. I never tried gaming on it tho.Hopefully silent hill 2 and 3 will run well on it. Macbook Airs are weak as shit.

You probably don't want to use a VM when your playing. If you are going to play games I would recommend wine since its the easiest to set up and most likely better performance vs a VM.

Yeah, you yelled at me before for buying the HD collection ;_;

I also watched Demo D's video on it and it was hilarious. im still pissed tho. Maybe i'll use the disc as a coaster.
Aw, I didn't mean to yell. I just said it was really bad and you shouldn't play it. :p

I know it's been patched for some of the egregiously terrible stuff, so if all else fails I guess you could play it rather than never play either game, it'll just kinda suck pretty bad. I mean... Woof.
You probably don't want to use a VM when your playing. If you are going to play games I would recommend wine since its the easiest to set up and most likely better performance vs a VM.
Yeah I just checked. 2 and 3 are both gold and platinum rated for Wine. That'd be perfect.

You'd think so, but no. Its nothing.

So...alongside Matt & Pat's playthrough, I decided "fuck it" and just finished playing the first five chapters of The Evil Within. I'm basically past all the parts that were shown in the initial Machinima episode.

I'm really holding out on what Liam said about the game getting better on new game plus, because this first run through has been quite the fucking ordeal at times. Aspects about the gameplay just feel not as tight as I would hope, especially the gunplay coming off of stuff like RE4 and Vanquish. The worst shit has been for me were the mandatory fights with
Not Dr. Salvador Chainsaw Man
and
Mutant Sadako/Alma/Long Haired Girl Abomination
as I went through so much trial and error to get through those segments. And even knowing what I needed to do, random shit still showed up to ruin my day.

So far, definitely my least favorite Mikami game (of the ones I've played), and it just reminds me of how much he was right about the things he's been saying about stepping down as a game director. Wouldn't mind him just sticking to a producer role and letting new directors and Tango make new stuff, which was his intent for that company in the first place.

ultimax

Aw, I didn't mean to yell. I just said it was really bad and you shouldn't play it. :p

I know it's been patched for some of the egregiously terrible stuff, so if all else fails I guess you could play it rather than never play either game, it'll just kinda suck pretty bad. I mean... Woof.

I was kidding Goodwil-chan!

But im gonna listen to Ultimate's advice and look more into playing these games on my mac. Btw, is Silent Hill 1 worth playing? because i can just easily play that on my Vita.

sjay1994

So...alongside Matt & Pat's playthrough, I decided "fuck it" and just finished playing the first five chapters of The Evil Within. I'm basically past all the parts that were shown in the initial Machinima episode.

I'm really holding out on what Liam said about the game getting better on new game plus, because this first run through has been quite the fucking ordeal at times. Aspects about the gameplay just feel not as tight as I would hope, especially the gunplay coming off of stuff like RE4 and Vanquish. The worst shit has been for me were the mandatory fights with
Not Dr. Salvador Chainsaw Man
and
Mutant Sadako/Alma/Long Haired Girl Abomination
as I went through so much trial and error to get through those segments. And even knowing what I needed to do, random shit still showed up to ruin my day.

So far, definitely my least favorite Mikami game (of the ones I've played), and it just reminds me of how much he was right about the things he's been saying about stepping down as a game director. Wouldn't mind him just sticking to a producer role and letting new directors and Tango make new stuff, which was his intent for that company in the first place.

I've beaten evil within, done a NG+, a speed run and and akumu playthrough.

Liam is full of shit. (I love you senpai, but you are super wrong)

That game doesn't get better. Playing Akumu shows you how fucking flawed that game is. Probably the worst Mikami game I have played. Never played god hand though... apparently IGN said its terrible.

But in all seriousness... fuck the evil within.

Man I am super happy that I stopped giving a fuck about Sonic after Unleashed.

Colors and Generations were pretty good. Lost World is rough as hell, and needs a decent tutorial badly. I don't recommend that.

I feel like a battered Mega Man fan. I really don't care about Sonic games, but I kinda have to see how they turn out.

But im gonna listen to Ultimate's advice and look more into playing these games on my mac. Btw, is Silent Hill 1 worth playing? because i can just easily play that on my Vita.

The puzzles are top notch and the setup for bosses are the same quality.

I think it is.

I've beaten evil within, done a NG+, a speed run and and akumu playthrough.

Liam is full of shit. (I love you senpai, but you are super wrong)

That game doesn't get better. Playing Akumu shows you how fucking flawed that game is. Probably the worst Mikami game I have played. Never played god hand though... apparently IGN said its terrible.

But in all seriousness... fuck the evil within.
Motherfucking fix that shit, God Hand's incredible.

It's funny that there are so many mixed reactions from people about the two big horror games from this last month, and the one based on a movie has ended up being my second favorite game this year.

sjay1994

Wasn't Evil Within a super hyped up game? Is it really a bad game.

In general?

The evil within had no hype before hand, it only sparked on GAF because people played the chapter 9 demo, which is probably the best part of the game.

Its not terrible, but its a super rough RE4. The thing that really annoys me is the story. Game gets dumber than RE5 at points, but I had no problems with RE5 since RE in general is pretty campy.

This game tries to pull what resident evil does, but with a serious face on. Just fuck chapter 12 to hell and back.

Rizzi

Apparently it was ported from the Beta source code. So... Yeah.
You can hit like 30-50 then, maybe? I know it takes a 980 4GB to keep 60 stable right now,

I've never been able to get AC1 or Revelations to run above like 25 fps for some weird reason. I don't really trust PC ports of Ubi games very much. :p

He's totally right. Wine version should work fine. I always forget Macs can do Wine.

Silent Hill 1 is rougher around the edges for sure, but you can totally play it, yeah. It's actually good to play it before 3, but it has no bearing on 2.
I've never been able to get AC1 or Revelations to run above like 25 fps for some weird reason. I don't really trust PC ports of Ubi games very much. :p
Don't blame you. Probably wanna avoid a Unity at all costs, until it's dirt cheap at least.

sjay1994

God damn I need a wiiU.

Everything I have played this year was eh.

I need a hype platinum game in my viens.

Revengeance was the best thing I played last year.

Loco4Coco

Bummer bout the game. But in other news just watched the vid about the 2 convicts Australians that won the jackpot in Japan. The coin machines are so elaborate for no reason.

sjay1994

I don't even know why ubisoft makes PC games. Asides from FC3 and their ubiart games, everything they have put out is riddled with flaws.

If it has the words Kiev on it, abandon all hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom