• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an idea for a game when I finished P4. Its a combo of Zelda, Catherine, and Persona 4. The player has to complete zelda style dungeons in his dreams. When he is awake, he has to go to work at an office. When he is there he can form bonds with certain coworkers that boost his stats in the dream world. The narrative would have two sides. The dreams and the protagonist exiting his shell and connecting with people in his life.

Xiraiya

Just steal everyones avatars

Well that would be interesting since a bunch of us have Gintama avatars.
GFaMgF.png

Ok, so I think I would actually make a Zaibatsu dating sim, I'm willing to put the time in, but would you guys rather that or a Friender one.

Ideally I make it 95% Zaibatsu, and have a handful of dumb in jokes for this thread.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

That's sad to hear, but yup it's up.

It came up really early. it's also 1hour and 40 minutes.. Seems too short.

It's gonna be terrible. Since no one will get the jokes except for the few here.

Thanks and huh, intersting, did they not catch the 1 million threads of shit nintendo announced today that arent games

ultimax

Ok, so I think I would actually make a Zaibatsu dating sim, I'm willing to put the time in, but would you guys rather that or a Friender one.

Ideally I make it 95% Zaibatsu, and have a handful of dumb in jokes for this thread.

What started off as a dumb joke turned into an actual thing lol

Id be willing to help in anyway i can

Zenfalcia

Or it could be the next big thing.
it won't

It'll be the new katawa shoujo.
It'll be the worst thing ever

Would the zaibatsu be women or men? It'll work better if you did the full zaibatsu one with some inside jokes.

Thanks and huh, intersting, did they not catch the 1 million threads of shit nintendo announced today that arent games

Nope, i guess not.

Thats exactly what I want it to be.

Ehhh... Ok.

What started off as a dumb joke turned into an actual thing lol

Id be willing to help in anyway i can
Well it was my dumb joke, but I got too much free time anyway. Just don't expect this thing done super quick :p

I just want opinions on concept if anything. If people wanna volunteer that's fine too, but it probably won't need help until a few weeks down the road.
Would the zaibatsu be women or men? It'll work better if you did the full zaibatsu one with some inside jokes..
Good question. I dunno.

ultimax

If she existed in a vacuum, sure, but in a cast of nothing but strong girls, she comes across as weak and shitty (despite her massive damage potential)

She isnt my favorite by any means, but i dont find her THAT bad.

That being said, i do like her more than Chie, but thats about it

Rise best girl

She isnt my favorite by any means, but i dont find her THAT bad.

That being said, i do like her more than Chie, but thats about it

Rise best girl
This, Im fine with people not liking yukiko but I dont like it when people just up and insult her and says she is the worst thing ever. Like yeah I get shes a bit dull but im not a big fan of flashy girls anyways....coming from the man who loves gurren lagann and anything with stylish and flashy combos and fights sounds weird...

Zenfalcia

Well it was my dumb joke, but I got too much free time anyway. Just don't expect this thing done super quick :p

I just want opinions on concept if anything. If people wanna volunteer that's fine too, but it probably won't need help until a few weeks down the road.

Good question. I dunno.

Ehh... Sure, inb4 kickstarter project page.

It's a pretty big question to answer.

What are you talking about? It's 2 hours and 17 minutes long.

Oh is it? I guess I didn't read properly... Whoops..

Alfebit

Banned

Good question. I dunno.

I think a Zaibatsu dating sim would be more appealing but a few in jokes wouldn't hurt. I think keeping them males is fine. You can play the new intern girl or something.

ultimax

Good question. I dunno.
Make them into women, turn Pat into Patricia = best game, IGN 10/10 revolutionary
This, Im fine with people not liking yukiko but I dont like it when people just up and insult her and says she is the worst thing ever. Like yeah I get shes a bit dull but im not a big fan of flashy girls anyways....coming from the man who loves gurren lagann and anything with stylish and flashy combos and fights sounds weird...

Yeah i can appreciate her character for what she is. and shes fun to use in ultimax lol

Xiraiya

BestGAF sim would be rather interesting and unique, but a Zaibatsu one would be much easier and also have greater appeal to a wider audience.

Ehh... Sure, inb4 kickstarter project page..
$2,000 tier: H scenes unlocked!
lol no. I'm not doing this shit for money.
I think a Zaibatsu dating sim would be more appealing but a few in jokes wouldn't hurt. I think keeping them males is fine. You can play the new intern girl or something.
Yup, sounds good. You can play a generic dork girl.
BestGAF sim would be rather interesting and unique, but a Zaibatsu one would be much easier and also have greater appeal to a wider audience.
That's what I thought. The BestGAF one has huge potential. Maybe I could do both...

Just cause her story isnt as damaging as the other girls doesnt mean anything! I mean look at chie, her whole thing was that she was jealous of yukiko!

Damaging? The hell are you talking about? She just
doesn't ever do anything during her social links. She just angsts for a little bit and then accepts her career. Chie threatens a gang of bullies, Rise is followed around by a weird manager who won't let her career go (who she later actually confronts) while she mercilessly pursues Yu's MC dick, and Naoto is sherlock fucking holmes. Yukiko is the weak link of that bunch if you ask me.
She's still interesting, but nowhere close to the others.

I struggle my way through Chapter 6 of Evil Within, and I come back to see someone has shipped me for some friender dating sim concept?

...I honestly don't know what the fuck to think...

You fuckers are motherfucking cray-cray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom