• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
y009XB.gif

m6nXOl.gif

yX1J2z.gif

vV4p2D.gif

So I just finished reading the 10 pages of posts I missed yesterday because of reasons and I wanted to say a few things about some of the conversations but am too lazy to go back and quote.

First, during the EW "argument," I saw some people saying that stuff go heavy or to stop fighting, but I didn't really consider it the type of argument that was actually bad. To me, the two reasons to have an argument are you are mad about something or you are passionate about something and, based on what Pat said, this seemed to be the latter. I actually enjoy getting into "arguments" like this and don't think they should be discouraged because, to me, they are more like spirited discussions.

Secondly, with regard to reviews, I think look at the most negative reviews can be more helpful than the positive ones. Whenever I read what someone finds wrong with a game, I either agree that it is bad or think, "What the fuck is wrong with you, that is not a bad thing," and it helps to inform my decision.
Reading the backlog, I super agree. I get chewed out for it in real life, arguing about small details, because nobody else understands that I'm not seriously upset, but they do get upset.

Then I'm suddenly stuck with an angry person yelling at me, when I was trying to have a conversation.

Xiraiya

E1pvha.png

Oh drug dealers
50nE4H.png

My character has the uncanny super power to look uncomfortable in every cutscene
wgOHT9.png

Activision being Activision since 2004.
3t8FgV.png

I needed blood so I was following a guy down an alley, but a hooker beat me to him, shit sucks.

Been playing some Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, it's a good time to be had by all.

Reading the backlog, I super agree. I get chewed out for it in real life, arguing about small details, because nobody else understands that I'm not seriously upset, but they do get upset.

Then I'm suddenly stuck with an angry person yelling at me, when I was trying to have a conversation.

I had a 45 minute argument with my friend last night about when a button should be considered pressed. My side being that it's pressed when it stops moving down and he says the button is supposed to be pressed the moment it starts going down.

This was legitimately 45 minutes and got super heated. We drew diagrams and shit.

Beloved

I had a 45 minute argument with my friend last night about when a button should be considered pressed. My side being that it's pressed when it stops moving down and he says the button is supposed to be pressed the moment it starts going down.

This was legitimately 45 minutes and got super heated. We drew diagrams and shit.

market_1_1332274323.gif

360pages

What happened Yesterday?

If you take keyboards as an example, there's a place partway down where the key activates, but you can also continue pressing down the key till it hits the back.

I know controllers like the PS2 had analog buttons, so those could've been set to deal with light presses.
What happened Yesterday?
Passionate discussion of Evil Within. Pat was here.

Funny you say that, because the PS2 controllers had the half press IIRC because they were analog controllers.

croten

A button isn't pressed until stops going down, you're right.

Xiraiya

Considering the definition is more or less the concept of applying downward pressure on something, if you're pushing a button down, you're pressing it.

If you take keyboards as an example, there's a place partway down where the key activates, but you can also continue pressing down the key till it hits the back.

I know controllers like the PS2 had analog buttons, so those could've been set to deal with light presses.

The discussion was where in the middle it should be considered pressed, I was saying that 50% down is fine, but some buttons, especially Left Shoulder Buttons on 360 controllers get a little bad, so maybe hold them down more. He said that's bullshit, it should never be more than 30% of the way pressed before it activates and we went back and forth like this the whole time.

Okingjrr

People will argue about anything if they're angry enough.

The discussion was where in the middle it should be considered pressed, I was saying that 50% down is fine, but some buttons, especially Left Shoulder Buttons on 360 controllers get a little bad, so maybe hold them down more. He said that's bullshit, it should never be more than 30% of the way pressed before it activates and we went back and forth like this the whole time.

Pfft, ok now that's just silly. I feel sorry for you dealing with that.

360pages

The Evil within? What page did it start on, got to read that shit. (I don't think the game is bad, just a worse version of RE4. Considering RE4 in terms of gameplay did everything it did but better.)

360pages

Just read it, and I agree with Pat. The boss is poorly designed, it has two moves it does randomly one being a instant kill move when you get close. If the area was wider than it wouldn't be so bad, but it's in tight area's there is no hint to stealth or that you should even use stealth.

Nintendoland, W101, Bayo 1 & 2, 3D world, Smash 4, WWHD, MK8, ZombiU
Just read it, and I agree with Pat. The boss is poorly designed, it has two moves it does randomly one being a instant kill move when you get close. If the area was wider than it wouldn't be so bad, but it's in tight area's there is no hint to stealth or that you should even use stealth.

Doing it correctly is fine, but
Conveyance is pretty fucking important, in my modest opinion.

360pages

Though I am surprised realize that they had to kill her to get the stuff. Even though the game should still give you the option to try regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom