• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it "checks" but if that's the same email you use for steam, it makes gifting steam stuff much easier.

I GUESS I HAVE TO GET STEAM NOW...
for a Mac that can't use it ;_;
Mac has a lot more games than linux... You should be glad!
Oh I know it does, but my gift options from steam are severely limited and my Mac hasn't been updated since 2008.
oh. It's fiiiiine

demidar

Through Steam there are zero issues with gifting something to a person overseas. I've done it loads of times.

There are a few (small-ish) issues though. Because Australis is a fucking nanny state, some games on Steam have a 'Low-violence" version, the two most recent games being Saint's Row 4 and South Park: Stick of Truth. It won't block an international version from being redeemed, but it will transform a uncensored version to a censored one.

I guess if you're not gifting those games it's fine, but it's something to keep in mind just in case.

Beloved

There are a few (small-ish) issues though. Because Australis is a fucking nanny state, some games on Steam have a 'Low-violence" version, the two most recent games being Saint's Row 4 and South Park: Stick of Truth. It won't block an international version from being redeemed, but it will transform a uncensored version to a censored one.

I guess if you're not gifting those games it's fine, but it's something to keep in mind just in case.

If its in their wishlist, it's irrelevant because it means they want it regardless.

Yeah there were very few laggy matches. I just meant if you want it to go without any hiccups whatsoever. It's not really necessary, I just remember you commenting on it before.

I have to justify paying the money for it. I adore Pat, but I can't justify going out of pocket for just matches vs him and still possibly have connection issues.

I might do it if I can sell MK8 for some cash.

I'm sad because theres 0 games I want on steam right now :|

The Elfster wish list does include stuff more than Steam, FYI.

Xiraiya

I always get so baffled by our laws because I have never been affected by our censorship ever, not even on steam, it's really weird to me when people go on about it because yeah it's dumb, but I've never actually run into a scenario where I got a game that had our censorship.

croten

I'm kinda in the same boat. Most of the things I want are too expensive to ask for. Really I'm just up for a surprise, I just want to give somebody something nice rather than get something nice.

Beloved

I'm kinda in the same boat. Most of the things I want are too expensive to ask for. Really I'm just up for a surprise, I just want to give somebody something nice rather than get something nice.

Giving gifts is one of the best things about the holidays ^^

demidar

I always get so baffled by our laws because I have never been affected by our censorship ever, not even on steam, it's really weird to me when people go on about it because yeah it's dumb, but I've never actually run into a scenario where I got a game that had our censorship.

How does that work? My Saint's Row 4 Steam copy had one of the loyalty missions ripped out (that's the only game I have that's censored).

Guys, the wish list can include more than Steam. Don't feel obligated to wish or cover Steam gifts only.

0-40 dollars is a nice size range for a gift giving holiday amongst Gaffers. Don't feel restricted by Steam gifts.

mike0dude

The Elfster wish list does include stuff more than Steam, FYI.

Those seem mostly physical and Shipping to Canada is kinda bullshit. I don't mind paying for shipping to the states for a gift (I have Amazon prime so that can help) but I don't want to make somebody pay for shipping.

mike0dude

How much is too much...I don't think I can handle 3 hours of beardless Pat. Will Drunk Woolie save the day?

It's funny but for the most part it's woolie getting names wrong and being drunk and sleepy from 2 straight days of drinking and pat going "This guy knows" and eating alot of doritos .

Zenfalcia

No Mans Sky is weird in that I am excited for it even though I know nothing about it, and I want to keep it that way.
I hope there are more mechanics that they haven't shown yet. If what they showed so far was it, it'll be cool but wouldn't be fun for long.

He's talking about fixing Destiny

Bungie sailed away on that ship long ago.
They wanted to make a console FPS MMO, they did it without a single bit of worthwhile content and with a lacking story to tie it altogether.

No Mans Sky is weird in that I am excited for it even though I know nothing about it, and I want to keep it that way.

I'm expecting gameplay footage to show combat or something that will explain what we're supposed to be accomplishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom