• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

impirius

I reached the final world about 50 lives ago and have nothing to show for it. Guh. I might give in to temptation and get a reserve item. I'm already using Peach to make redoing the first sections bearable.

Ugh I finally got to a level that makes me absolutely HATE the time limit. It's just so poorly designed with a time limit in mind.

Boss Blitz is what I'm talking about. What the hell were they thinking? At the very least they should have given you a clock after beating the first 5 bosses. This is just unfair.

It was hard at first, but I ended up beating it with almost 100 seconds to spare.

Im over 16 hours in, and the game keeps getting better. I still have a ways to go, to 100%. Im at a point where the challenge is ramped up at a nice difficulty, and theres still plenty of levels to still see. The
amount of post game content, is still surprising me.

This game looks so good, in motion. 60 fps really helps bring the graphics to life.

ktPEoK.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anyone else LOVE those Marching Enemies?

Love how they scatter wildly when you attack one of them, probably the best new enemy in the game.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm not sure if I even noticed that there was music in the ghost houses at all.

Unless it has a catchy beat, video game music just doesn't resonate with me that much. I was just thrilled that 3D Land's main theme showed up once.

Wait, is there some kind of unlockable for getting the golden flag with all characters in every level?
And, if so, does that include Rosalina?
Because that's craaaaazy.

Think Amazon might have a sale for Cyber Monday on this?

I want to gift another copy to one of my friends (who really enjoyed it apparently at demos)

Kureransu

Man getting the last star on 5-6 was about to make me pull my hair out!

i just realized i had to take the hits and not jump over that stupid shockwave.

Lumyst

Oh yeah, I've got to give a shoutout to those levels covered in chocolate glaze, I love the subtle sparkling and reflections, very lifelike, enough that it makes my mouth water! I remember in Kirby's Epic Yarn that there were yummy cake levels too, so I'm kinda excited to see if Yarn Yoshi will have more delicious levels. And Mario Kart 8's trailer showed a pastry village track too didn't it? I'm looking forward to seeing more HD candy levels in future Nintendo games :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Any agreement on what the worse level is in the game? I don't mean difficulty wise, as there are levels that were cool but I hated to play through, but I mean a level that just lacked the spark the rest of the game had.

I can't think of one off the top of my head really...although I didn't care for most of the "you're out of time!" levels.

Sixfortyfive

Any agreement on what the worse level is in the game? I don't mean difficulty wise, as there are levels that were cool but I hated to play through, but I mean a level that just lacked the spark the rest of the game had.

I can't think of one off the top of my head really...although I didn't care for most of the "you're out of time!" levels.
Most stages with mandatory Gamepad usage.

Backstreet Bustle by a wide margin.

It's the one with the Toad switch. It's basically a short little one room puzzle stage and while I didn't hate it it's still an incredibly brief and unsatisfying map. Picked Toad the first time through and finished the map with three Green Stars and a stamp in less than a minute :/

Lumyst

^^Hey, so there's more than one Ninja Castle stage? (I'm only at
that Bowser amusement park world in the sky.
) Oh, and once again, I must say that I love the camaraderie of seeing other peoples' Mii's populating the world up there, it's like there's a solidarity of knowing that we all made it that far and have earned our stamps :p

As for levels that could use more, I'd say that maybe the in between worlds boss fights could have taken place in their own levels as well, but maye that'd have been overkill to go from a complete level with a boss, to another complete level with a boss.

Oh and Prince Bully was too easy.

Sixfortyfive

As for levels that could use more, I'd say that maybe the in between worlds boss fights could have taken place in their own levels as well, but maye that'd have been overkill to go from a complete level with a boss, to another complete level with a boss.
Nah, I'd rather have this than deal with bothersome checkpoint positioning in a full stage.

I can't believe how much content is in this fucking game. Can't say more than that I guess cause of spoilers, but holy shit. I haven't felt like I got every penny's worth of my purchase and more in a $60 game for a long, long time. Just stunned at how they developed this.

People need to stop holding games and developers hostage to wishlists and fan fiction. Let them do what they want and they they feel is the right way, because that's what leads to true classics, not trying to appeal to everyone. Judge a game for what it sets out to do and delivers, not by what you (think) you want.

Truer words have never been spoken. Most of the "they should do x" posts, where the poster think they're clever, and so mind-numbing and poorly thought out. This development team should trust their instincts 100% and do whatever the fuck they want, God knows they've earned it and proven their mettle a million times over.

lmao it turns out I wasn't at the final boss after all

I thought World 7 (The Bowser castle area with the lava) was the final world of the game but once you beat him It takes you to that theme park world.

Clever Girl

A+

Maybe next time, don't bitch about the game till you get your facts straight.

Spoiler:

Oh, and you're still wrong. You're still nowhere near the final world.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If my master plan works, I'll be able to get this game couple of days early in EU today!

evil_genius_drevil.jpg

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Am I the only one who is finding this game fun, but by no means amazing? I'm really liking the double cherry levels, and a couple levels here and there, but I'm on world 5 and I still don't get what the fuss is about.

I loved the Galaxy games from the get-go and have pretty much liked every 2d and 3d mario game I've played. I honestly might have enjoyed 3d land more than this... Does this really shine in multiplayer? I liked world 1 with 4 people at least.

Darryl

Banned
Yoshi's VGM on YouTube has a lot of the soundtrack up now.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2XjmdkuVL-2Aesf0FjUBjwCIQ2HGPSwM

the ghost house theme is godly

i didn't like the rammerhead reef one

Top Bottom