• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Hasney

How much is it in the UK eShop?

Probably going to get it from Game like Heavy did over here if it's cheaper (£42.99), but I do have £10 credit on eShop so grab it there if it's the same price.

EDIT: Found it, £49.99. I'll.... Give it a miss.

How much is it in the UK eShop?

Probably going to get it from Game like Heavy did over here if it's cheaper (£42.99), but I do have £10 credit on eShop so grab it there if it's the same price.

EDIT: Found it, £49.99. I'll.... Give it a miss.

I had some points saved up with Game.

acidagfc

Bought digital at midnight, played 20 minutes in the morning before going to work.

MAN!

It's so gorgeous! And the music!
And level 1-2 had "secret" pipe right were it should be!
It's not a warp though.
Can't wait to play more!

LoveCake

BaMfpx2CIAA6GC_.jpg:large

videogames can do good!

Wonder if there is a way to find out who the person is, so they can be helped ?

I should be getting my copy here in the UK today sometime when the post-person decides to turn up.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Just bougth this at a local store. it was full of kids and teens who was there for the ps4, cod and fifa, cant say i envy sony their hardest fanboys. anyways, they had only like five copies of this, and i bougth the first, probably a secure bomb here as well, but who cares this weekend wil be glorious for us mario-fans! Oh, i bought zelda too, so some hard decisions to make!
not really mario all the wy here

Some quick impressions after the first World:

- Where the fuck is my backflip
- Graphics look phenomenal
- jumping in 3d is not as easy as in previous titles
- the music is awesome
- they should get rid of Charles martinez
- game is fun

T.O.P

Banned
Saw a couple of good deals today, but i'm still not a 100% on buying a WiiU

I just got an X1 and i don't even have that much time for that

And i also plan on buying a ps4 later next year

but this game looks like a blast to play with friends...goddamnit :(

ryanmac

Banned
I just got my Wii U a few days ago and have been playing this game non-stop.

I love, love, love the Miiverse notes sprinkled around everywhere. It's so much fun to interact with people.

Lyonaz

So I'm pretty sure I can't get myself a PS4 anytime soon (didn't pre-order) and bought Super Mario yesterday instead.

Loving the game, managed to find a warp to the 2nd world in
the 2nd level I think
, awesome. Travelled back and completed World 1 first with all stars and stamps.

This game and Bravely Default soon will keep me busy until a PS4 Vita bundle is available.

PS. Is there a way to get the audio on the gamepad only so I can play with headphones? Didn't see any options to do so in the game.

batbeg

Some quick impressions after the first World:

- Where the fuck is my backflip
- Graphics look phenomenal
- jumping in 3d is not as easy as in previous titles
- the music is awesome
- they should get rid of Charles martinez
- game is fun

By backflip do you mean the somersault he does when you change direction or leaning down and doing a backflip because these are both in it and I can't remember another one (though I fully admit that there might have been one).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Boom! It's here. With all those reports about Amazon delivery I was a bit worried but it seems they are still OK for me!

I didn't deem the furry sleeve from GAME to be worth an extra £3 (and buying from GAME).

So I'm pretty sure I can't get myself a PS4 anytime soon (didn't pre-order) and bought Super Mario yesterday instead.

Loving the game, managed to find a warp to the 2nd world in
the 2nd level I think
, awesome. Travelled back and completed World 1 first with all stars and stamps.

This game and Bravely Default soon will keep me busy until a PS4 Vita bundle is available.

PS. Is there a way to get the audio on the gamepad only so I can play with headphones? Didn't see any options to do so in the game.

I'm pretty sure you can just turn the volume on your tv down and use the volume slider on the gamepad.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
going to buy this in a few hours. Furry belly edition here I come

I'm bringing my umbrella with me just in case taffy screws up again

m0t0k1

Just went to the store to buy this puppy. But arriving there i didnt see any mario games. so i asked the fellow there and he said we could have them in our supplies in the back but we wont look for it because we are to busy putting every ps4 game in our system. Never been this pissed before at a employee at least pretend you are looking instead of this bs story.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just went to the store to buy this puppy. But arriving there i didnt see any mario games. so i asked the fellow there and he said we could have them in our supplies in the back but we wont look for it because we are to busy putting every ps4 game in our system. Never been this pissed before at a employee at least pretend you are looking instead of this bs story.

Probably a fanboy.

Porcile

Only one copy left in my GAME. I doubt Nintendo have shipped that many to the UK given our general antipathy to Nintendo. I got my copy though.

Oidisco

Finished the 1st world. Might be due to the complete lack of sleep I've had this month, but this game is so good it actually hurts!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope you knocked over the magazine rack pile of PS4s on the way out.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well I popped into GAME today and they are charging £49.99 for it. Fuck that.

Deband

Boom! It's here. With all those reports about Amazon delivery I was a bit worried but it seems they are still OK for me!

What reports? I've never had any issues with Amazon, yet postie has been and my supposedly 1st class Mario didn't turn up :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What reports? I've never had any issues with Amazon, yet postie has been and my supposedly 1st class Mario didn't turn up :(
Well by reports I meant posts similar to yours. Many people were complaining about them in the ALBW thread about it not arriving day one from Amazon.

Why didn't you get the download code for £42.99 from their webside already? .
He may not trust Nintendo's current online account system.

EDIT: Woah. How did I mix up I and He?

Tokieda

Damn, I originally planned to hold out oon this for a while, but that decision is severely shaky now that it's out.

I just caved. I was supposed to postpone this until after my final exam in two weeks.
I couldn't resist.

Controls impressions (I've never played 3D Land):

- Hold a button to run? Weird.
- You have to keep running for a while to reach top speed? I don't like it, and I don't understand why they did it.
- The backflip is gone. Yes, I know it's in there, but I'd almost prefer that they had taken it out.
- Is it just me or do long jumps seems harder to pull off?
- No triple jump.

I'm at world 4 now, and the levels are getting better and better, but I still find the controls a little odd.

Deband

Suppose I can wait until tomorrow. Also waiting on my new PC case to arrive, Mario could have made the wait more bearable. Typical plumber.

Top Bottom