• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Timeaisis

Well, I have one more level before I unlock
Champions Road.
Whew, World Flower has some difficult ones, for sure. Also, I have 76 stamps...but I'm noticing I have more than 5 remaining, but looking at my progress screen I don't see what I'm missing. Are there some others apart from the
5 you unlock from beating each level with each character
that I missed for some reason?

Linkhero1

I'm about to snap and just play with Tanooki suit or another character. Mario's giving me difficulties on
Champion's Road.
=/

daakusedo

Is the latest run on a level the one sent as ghost for other players or the best time?
I did a good one on 7-7, so it would be better if it's the one shared.

So the ghost mii system is broken right? I am almost 100% done with the game, I have replayed almost every level and I have not received one ghost mii, I only see my own. I have a ton of you as friends.

JakeD

So the ghost mii system is broken right? I am almost 100% done with the game, I have replayed almost every level and I have not received one ghost mii, I only see my own. I have a ton of you as friends.

i get ghosts, but they seem to be random people. not my friends (almost all of which play sm3dw)

HUELEN10

So, is there any way to get the Miiverse stamp functionality without getting Sprixie Miis? I never enabled the feature because I didn't want to be spoiled on secrets in the levels and stuff like that, but it would be nice to put all those stamps to use somehow.

maxcriden

A bit old, but just came across these:

Microsoft Trying to Stop People In Line For the Xbox One From Buying Super Mario 3D World Instead

“My job is to get people excited for the Xbox One,” said one employee on the condition of anonymity, “To be honest though, I can’t wait to get home. I’m using the extra money I earned to get a copy of Super Mario 3D World. My family is going to be playing that game all Thanksgiving, I know it.”

http://www.p4rgaming.com/microsoft-...one-from-buying-super-mario-3d-world-instead/

--

Gamers More Excited for Mario SpaghettiOs than Super Mario 3D World

“The reason gamers are more excited for SpaghettiOs is because they don’t need a Wii U anymore to enjoy the fun of Mario and Luigi,” said gaming analyst Michael Pachter, “The low cost of the can itself is one of the biggest factors as to why gamers are so eager to get their hands on this soup. I don’t know why Nintendo keeps refusing to release cheap smartphone games because this new SpaghettiOs is just proof that this low-price strategy works.”

http://www.p4rgaming.com/gamers-more-excited-for-mario-spaghettios-than-super-mario-3d-world/

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
Anyone else buy a download code for this from the Game web site? I bought one on the Wednesday before release, tried to redeem it and it didn't work. Fine, I thought. I redeemed the code after 11pm on Thursday after someone on here said the game was out on the eShop.

I was due to get another £5 code on the Nintendo Network Premium site after it updated, so I kept checking the site. It didn't update. So I contacted Nintendo Support and this is what they eventually had to say:

Great.

Wait.. Let me get this straight: The eShop allowed you to download the game an hour before release and Nintendo punish you? What? I hope you get your £5.

Zing

Banned
I have ghost Miis in every single stage I replay. About half the time, one of the Miis will be a "timed" one that races to the finish. I have zero "friends".

I sometimes get annoyed because they distract me or confuse me and I end up falling or something else foolish.

I just spent an hour trying to get through you-know-what stage. It feels as though every one of my deaths is due to one of the following:
1) my character randomly stops "running" and I find myself walking through a critical jump
2) the eight-way control sends me rocketing off a ledge when I jump
3) my finger slightly bumps the trigger and I do a butt stomp to my death

This may be the first Mario game that I don't 100%. If I am going to be wasting hours doing nothing in a game, I'll just play Lego City.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
This game is fantastic. The way the graphics are setup is also very eye-pleasing.
If Nintendo can continue to put out games like this, I will end up with an entire collection of Wii U games. I got a SMB3 and SMW vibe while playing it.

FSLink

Banned
Wait.. Let me get this straight: The eShop allowed you to download the game an hour before release and Nintendo punish you? What? I hope you get your £5.

Not quite, they tried to download it using the code but it didn't work since it wasn't on the eShop yet. Yet Nintendo sees it as them downloading the game early.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that last stage is so much easier with
Rosalina. Seriously, the combination of her huge, slow jumps and the spin make everything so simple. You barely have to worry about timing during the blocks. The enemies can be killed without any power ups.

Literally the only thing I'm finding difficult is breaking out of my Mario jumping habits which sometimes causes me to fall in holes or miss a jump, because I'm so used to using him on this stage now. A few tries tomorrow and I'll probably beat it with her.
Really is a day and night difference. Basically easy mode.

Linkhero1

Wow, that last stage is so much easier with
Rosalina. Seriously, the combination of her huge, slow jumps and the spin make everything so simple. You barely have to worry about timing during the blocks. The enemies can be killed without any power ups.

Literally the only thing I'm finding difficult is breaking out of my Mario jumping habits which sometimes causes me to fall in holes or miss a jump, because I'm so used to using him on this stage now. A few tries tomorrow and I'll probably beat it with her.
Really is a day and night difference. Basically easy mode.
Mario is killing me. I was tempted to play as Peach or Rosalina but figured it would be too easy.

Feindflug

Played for almost 4 hrs yesterday and you guys weren't kidding when you said that the game is amazing, the game oozes creativity & happiness in every aspect.

Also the music piece from
Shifty Boo Mansion
...seriously I got chills down my spine. Totally surprising but so amazing at the same time.

EAD Tokyo = <3.

Sendou

Anyone else buy a download code for this from the Game web site? I bought one on the Wednesday before release, tried to redeem it and it didn't work. Fine, I thought. I redeemed the code after 11pm on Thursday after someone on here said the game was out on the eShop.

I was due to get another £5 code on the Nintendo Network Premium site after it updated, so I kept checking the site. It didn't update. So I contacted Nintendo Support and this is what they eventually had to say:

Great.

Not first time I've heard of this and quite frankly this is unacceptable.

Oidisco

Oh MY GOD! I did it, I fucking did it! Well over 200 lives lost, but its done... Except I din't reach the top of the Flagpole at the end!

Finishing Champion Road with Mario and no power-ups is by far the most difficult thing I've ever done in a Mario game, possibly any Nintendo game. Damn good level if I do say so.

Suppose I should finish the Mystery House, but I kinda find it annoying.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Went back and finished off all green stars, stamps and flagpoles before heading
into the rocket
. Those are pretty tricky..

Linkhero1

Oh MY GOD! I did it, I fucking did it! Well over 200 lives lost, but its done... Except I din't reach the top of the Flagpole at the end!

Finishing Champion Road with Mario and no power-ups is by far the most difficult thing I've ever done in a Mario game, possibly any Nintendo game. Damn good level if I do say so.

Suppose I should finish the Mystery House, but I kinda find it annoying.

It's annoying but it becomes naturally easy to progress after so many repeated tries. I think I need 3 more stars and I finish it.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The mystery house is super annoying, I also lack three stars there. So tired of those first challenges now :(

Linkhero1

The mystery house is super annoying, I also lack three stars there. So tired of those first challenges now :(

Tell me about it. I feel like a robot doing the same thing over and over again just to make it to the last few challenges and die or run out of time.

DrLazy

So the guys at Giant Bomb were saying the game is great, but that multiplayer is too chaotic. I love couch-multiplayer games like this. Are they being anal retentive or is this a fair criticism?

Linkhero1

Wait a minute...there are double cherries on that level?

There are several before you get to that point. I think you need three shadow clones in order to get the green star
if you don't have a catsuit available :p

Edit: I might be mistaken, but is that the
post-game remix of the same level that I'm thinking of?

Morfeo

So the guys at Giant Bomb were saying the game is great, but that multiplayer is too chaotic. I love couch-multiplayer games like this. Are they being anal retentive or is this a fair criticism?

I wouldnt listen to this, I heard the episode as well, and they just seems super jaded on Nintendo and like they have made up their mind before they even have started. The bomb-crew is great for PS360 and such, for Nintendo stuff they are just completely out of touch imo.

Madouu

I've only tried 2 player multi and it's perfectly fine.

daakusedo

8-1 was the hardest level I speedrunned so far.
The amount of lives lost trying to go to the last big spiked orange moving platform before it get too far with keeping the cat suit for diving upon the flagpole directly instead of taking the warp box.

Dr.Hadji

I feel when the gaming press comes to that conclusion it could mean a few things.

1. The people saying such things aren't actually very good at Mario games but think they are. And being forced to change their unrecognized rigid play style by other players rubs them the wrong way.

2. Only played with 4 players!!!! I mean come on. You can play the game anywhere from 1-4, yet they always complain about the maximum number of players. If its too chaotic, decrease the numbers to 3 or 2. And for most of the levels, there is no way I could say that 2 players makes the game too chaotic.

Also another thought. People have the habit of approaching Nintendo games thinking that any and everything should be readily obvious. If you can't just turn on the game and get it after a couple of trails its too "random" or "crazy" or "chaotic". You see the same said about Smash Brothers, Mario Kart/Strikers, really most any Nintendo multiplayer game. Yet, if you take the time, the games give you all the tools to needs to master the "chaos". 3d World is no different.

Morfeo

Ok Champion Road is destroying me just like it did yesterday:

I cant fucking pass the place with the switches after the rugby players. What am I supposed to do at the top of the first set of them?

That Cakewalk Flip level third star....I had to use the gamepad to stop the lazers from firing. Who said the touchscreen was useless in this game? It really helps.

MoosiferX

Ok Champion Road is destroying me just like it did yesterday:

I cant fucking pass the place with the switches after the rugby players. What am I supposed to do at the top of the first set of them?

Give up? That's what I had to do. ; ;

So many lives lost... so much time gone. Was an amazing ride while it lasted!

Morfeo

So, I had like 350 deaths total when I came to the Champion Road yesterday - now I have like 550 lol. Can I die more time at that fucking road than in every other level combined? Find out when I continue my quest for that fourth star!

Top Bottom