• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Oidisco

So I just discovered that there's a Green Warp Pipe in the Red-Hot Run level and my mind was blown. It was a completely accidental discovery, and it lead to a bazillion Goombas and a power star.

jonezer4

This is so sad

BbELcEcCUAE6BKe.jpg

I think the poster means his mom and dad have been playing with him a lot and playfully fighting over the game?

I hope that's what he means.

KiN0

the two athletic themes, ghost house, bowser levels, ice levels and snake fight are the only tracks I really enjoyed. Generally, the ost isn't as attention grabbing as the galaxy osts. still a great, just a bit of a step down.

afoni

Banned
I really want to play Galaxy 2 again, if only to see if the magic of that game can make me believe EAD is capable of better than 3D World.

OryoN

HD is one of the best thing that ever happened to Nintendo. Especially now that we know they can do it right!

Nintendo have this unparalleled ability to realize and convey games in ways that were not previously expressed or convincingly done before. After threading all-new territory with their revolutionary vision behind the original Mario/ Zelda, Mario 64, and Wind Waker, etc, moving to HD - by comparison to those - is but a small thing.

I'm on my second file (well third, since the second one is our "multiplayer" file with friends), and I haven't even 100%'d my first file yet (
made it to world flower, just have to get all the checklist stuff done
), only because I enjoy the sheer satisfaction of collecting green stars and stamps in a fresh file. Feels good hearing the sparkly sound effects and seeing the sparks fly when you collect them. Argh. So much polished magic in this game.

Made it to World Bowser on the third file tonight after playing it for a few hours when i picked up from World 3. But seeing all of you guys posts is making me want to go back and 100% my first file,
since apparently Champion's Road and the final Mystery Box seems to really be that good.

I think Nintendo should give Spotpass Mystery House data in the future, but I read that Nintendo won't be supporting DLC for this game? I really love the Mystery Houses, and it really could be beneficial bite sized content that can have a lot of variety (in other words, we should have more baseball houses, lol)

Finally got to try this at a friend's house tonight. Pretty much clicked with me instantly, which is something I really couldn't say I felt for either of the Galaxy games.

Really want a WiiU atm :p

Athletic theme 2 is the best theme since Yoshi Star Galaxy.
Didn't like the castle remix from 3D Land, they could have remixed the other one! Still, the lava theme that sounds like a snes/genesis is brilliant.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm on my second file (well third, since the second one is our "multiplayer" file with friends), and I haven't even 100%'d my first file yet (
made it to world flower, just have to get all the checklist stuff done
), only because I enjoy the sheer satisfaction of collecting green stars and stamps in a fresh file. Feels good hearing the sparkly sound effects and seeing the sparks fly when you collect them. Argh. So much polished magic in this game.

Made it to World Bowser on the third file tonight after playing it for a few hours when i picked up from World 3. But seeing all of you guys posts is making me want to go back and 100% my first file,
since apparently Champion's Road and the final Mystery Box seems to really be that good.

I think Nintendo should give Spotpass Mystery House data in the future, but I read that Nintendo won't be supporting DLC for this game? I really love the Mystery Houses, and it really could be beneficial bite sized content that can have a lot of variety (in other words, we should have more baseball houses, lol)

Maybe you've worked it out.. because I've seen a few people ask in this thread and the only response i've ever seen are "later on in the game"

How do you unlock the character stamps on the score page?

I've completed every world.. and am in the process of going back and 100%'ing everything.. but alas still no character images to tell who i've completed a level with :(

Maybe you've worked it out.. because I've seen a few people ask in this thread and the only response i've ever seen are "later on in the game"

How do you unlock the character stamps on the score page?

I've completed every world.. and am in the process of going back and 100%'ing everything.. but alas still no character images to tell who i've completed a level with :(

Once you unlock the final world they appear.

BowieZ

Banned

TheZjman

Banned
Champions Road is ridiculous. The only level i've struggled with so far apart from a few levels in flower/star in terms of getting the green star.

Are there any more levels if i beat every level with ever character btw?

Also, i do dislike how much post-game content Nintendo actually showed. Kinda sucky.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
About the ridiculous amount of post-world content, I find it amazing that they just give us this instead of selling as dlc or something else. While Nintendos account policy is shitty, I think they dont get enough credit for their mostly good consumer policies - especially when you look at how something like Forza is developing on the competitors plattforms.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Did I advise you correctly? :)

The best advice one could ever give! (I still managed to finish ALBW simultaneously though. In hero mode now, that game is so good too!) :) EAD deserves every bit of praise they get for this gem. Quite an amazing experience, really.

I'm going to continue slow burning through one world every night, until those four stars are MINE!!! don't think I'll replay five times though for the fifth, at least not methodically.

Roo

Final Boss here... what a huge disappointment.
You guys were saying how awesome and cool it was but I felt extremely underwhelmed.
I didn't die even once. It was piss easy. What a shame. I was expecting something more complex like the Galaxy's bosses but not even close.

Oh well, in other news I finally unlocked
Rosalina and damn.. she's slow as fuck. I was thinking about making her my main character but I'm not sure right now.

Ok, thanks guys. Mario is always the one game I need to play on all Nintendo systems - well the 3D Mario's!

The Nintendo Store deal for £299.99 including the extra red controller is decent right?

About the ridiculous amount of post-world content, I find it amazing that they just give us this instead of selling as dlc or something else. While Nintendos account policy is shitty, I think they dont get enough credit for their mostly good consumer policies - especially when you look at how something like Forza is developing on the competitors plattforms.

As a former Xbox fan, very true. Mario 3D World feels very true to how games used to be (before DLC)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
You guys were saying how awesome and cool it was but I felt extremely underwhelmed.
I didn't die even once. It was piss easy. What a shame. I was expecting something more complex like the Galaxy's bosses but not even close.
This one wasn't incredible, but you're calling SMG's bosses "complex"?

TheZjman

Banned
Ok, thanks guys. Mario is always the one game I need to play on all Nintendo systems - well the 3D Mario's!

The Nintendo Store deal for £299.99 including the extra red controller is decent right?

Yep, it's a ridiculously good deal.

Also, at another post, i don't recall people posting it was epic because it was difficult. It was just epic because of what happens.

Deku Tree

Oh well, in other news I finally unlocked
Rosalina and damn.. she's slow as fuck. I was thinking about making her my main character but I'm not sure right now.

Keep playing if you want more challenge. Because it goes up so much afterwards.

Oidisco

I'd love it if 3D World included a Party Mode for multiplayer, where it chooses say, 5 levels at random for people to compete in. Have it tally up points after each course and the player with the most points after the 5 levels wins.

It'd beat going from world to world looking for a particular level to play.

Deku Tree

I'd love it if 3D World included a Party Mode for multiplayer, where it chooses say, 5 levels at random for people to compete in. Have it tally up points after each course and the player with the most points after the 5 levels wins.

It'd beat going from world to world looking for a particular level to play.

Or it would be nice if you could jump right into a specific level from the map accomplishments screen. At least after you beat the game. Just choose the level and boom your playing it.

Top Bottom