• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Was anyone disappointed in the bosses in this game? They didn't feel all that inventive and there only felt like there were a few. The snakes were cool, so was the weird thing that turned into a bunch of little things and you had the double cherry, and the final battle was cool. But i remember in galaxy 2 i was constantly blown away by the sheer number and variety of bosses. Off the top of my head i can think of there was the pirhanna plant, the rolling thing you fight with rock mario, the dragon boss, the crazy bug on the leaf (my favorite), fluzzard, the other bug you fight with cloud mario, the robot you fight with the drill, that giant robot you fight with yoshi, the giant tower you fight with cloud mario...i think i might even be missing some. anyways theres like twice as many bosses and they are all different. i love sm3dworld but it just can't compete with galaxy 2 in terms of bosses. galaxy 2 absolutely destroys it in this category

I think we're better off without having some cool thing walled off behind a requirement which is honestly exasperating.

I disagree but I found out you get
the last 5 character stickers, which isn't necessary and fun if you get them.

In Mario games it's very easy for me to play them forever so it's never a bother personally.

mo60

I'm almost at the end of the main game, but sadly I need to collect about 20 more green stars to unlock the last level in the main game.Should I try to more than one green star in a run on any of the levels I try to get the green stars on.

I'm almost at the end of the main game, but sadly I need to collect about 20 more green stars to unlock the last level in the main game.Should I try to more than one green star in a run on any of the levels I try to get the green stars on.
Yeah get the green stars from easier levels....

stktt

Banned

I was four short and manged to get them from the first two worlds pretty easily.

jakomocha

I beat the game a few days ago and it is a really amazing game and I'm now
going through the first bonus word (Rosalina is awesome).

Anyways, I'm just wondering if this was just me but did anyone else find the eight main worlds pretty easy? I'm usually pretty terrible at games to be honest but I probably got 65-70% of the star coins and I did die a ton (mostly in multiplayer) but I never felt like the game was difficult, especially the final boss. Maybe it's a good thing that this game didn't infuriate me at all, or is it just that it the main worlds are all pretty easy? Well, either way this game is still fantastic.

I finally beat the final Mystery House. Moving onto the final part of the game...
Man, you guys weren't kidding with Champion's Road. ffff

The_Dude

I beat the two last levels and I don't feel much better about it, it's those kind of levels that ultimately sour the whole experience.
At the risk of being called weak again, I completely agree. I really don't see the fun in it.

Incidentally, I decided I am going to try
Champion's Road
again, just to say I did it. Been too tired the last few days, though.

mo60

I now have to collect an additional 20 green stars to actually face bowser for the final time. Did anyone use peach for that level before you face bowser in world
bowser

choodi

Banned
wiiU_screenshot_tv_01ofu98.jpg
Uh huh...

Lol, Euronymous back from the dead.

I just realised I've only used Mario so far (up to world 7). Am I playing it "wrong"?

Me too? It just doesn't feel right playing a Mario game without using Mario.

Joei

I've been trying THAT level for 3 hours a sitting, can count on one hand how many times I've got to part with the plants a little after the 2nd star. I don't know how some of you do it, let alone do it after only a few hours of trying... I saw a youtube clip of someone beat the level and wanted to throw my controller at my computer in disgust.

dock

Anyways, I'm just wondering if this was just me but did anyone else find the eight main worlds pretty easy? I'm usually pretty terrible at games to be honest but I probably got 65-70% of the star coins and I did die a ton (mostly in multiplayer) but I never felt like the game was difficult, especially the final boss. Maybe it's a good thing that this game didn't infuriate me at all, or is it just that it the main worlds are all pretty easy? Well, either way this game is still fantastic.
Super Mario World is also really easy to complete.

The difficult content in Mario games is reserved for some of the green stars, and some of the post-completion content.

dock

I think this game is at its best when played two player, but requires players to actually co-operate. It works so much better than New Super Mario Bros, in terms of camera and player space.

Joei

After about 4 hours of playing tonight... I did it, I don't know how the hell I did, but I cleared all the courses as Mario...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo, if you're reading this :

- Mission mode DLC and Double-cherry in all levels please.

Thanks!

YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU LIKE EXPANSION PACKS SO WE PUT AN EXPANSION PACK IN YOUR EXPANSION PACK

scottnak

I've been trying THAT level for 3 hours a sitting, can count on one hand how many times I've got to part with the plants a little after the 2nd star. I don't know how some of you do it, let alone do it after only a few hours of trying... I saw a youtube clip of someone beat the level and wanted to throw my controller at my computer in disgust.

Gahh the plants. I always have trouble with that part. Makes me want to tear my hear out. haha

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Has anyone else seemed to not get Mii ghosts in their levels when replaying them?

I've had network functions and Mii ghosts turned on. But I've never seen any ghosts show up in my game, when I go back into a level again. Oddly enough someone else on the same console, when loading their save file, gets Mii ghosts regularly.

Finally finished
Champion's Road
with Mario and no power-ups. Took me about 8 hours and at least 200 lives...

Aaaaaand then I missed the top of the flagpole, haha.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just finished the
Cat Bowser level. Fantastic way to end the first part of the game, since I quickly saw this journey had just begun.

Also adored the moodswing block level. My palms were sweaty during that entire thing, but I ended with 3 stars and the stamp, felt great to beat it.

Sioen

This game is so good. I love most of the levels and the music has some amazing songs in it. Goty for me, go Wii U go I say. In the meanwhile my ps4 is collecting dust.

Son Of D

Finally finished
Champion's Road
with Mario and no power-ups. Took me about 8 hours and at least 200 lives...

Aaaaaand then I missed the top of the flagpole, haha.

I'm still unable to do it. Those darn beat blocks... And even when I make it past that, the plants part gets me.

zroid

Banned
I just realised I've only used Mario so far (up to world 7). Am I playing it "wrong"?

best way to play the game, imo. the other characters are fun, and provide certain advantages, but the levels are balanced around Mario. you get the most consistent and satisfying level of challenge.

Top Bottom