• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Clockwork5

Each time a reviewer talks about how much improved this is over 3d Land i have to stop. I had so much fun with that game and I was one of those that was secretly giddy about the direction of this title (I didnt want to be pelted with salt at the time of the reveal) and im really excited that this seemed to turn out well. Maybe Super Mario 3D Galaxy next? /drool

MCN

Banned
If I can't play it with this, then Nintendo should go out of business and Iwata should be jailed for his sins.

800px-LaserScope.jpg

It's definitely 8 main worlds. Don't know why he isn't allowed to show it since the Japanese commercials and artwork already have.

Oh and here's another spoilerish video showing how to unlock a character
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lki9nvYkyiY

Ah, that makes me happy

Also, that Mario Kart level is short and kinda underwhelming. All 3 stars under two minutes, very simplistic level design, kinda a nothing climax...could've did a lot more with that, I think

balohna

Where. I'm not watching a 26 minute video :/

Seriously, though, this makes no sense.

I managed to find the part, it's about 5 minutes in. He doesn't say he tried it though, so he could just be going based off what Nintendo has stated. Hard to say. They might have just left the CC off because CC = CCP is assumed?

I'll give it a shot when I get the game, but it'll be a bit of a drag if it doesn't work.

Andrew.

Banned
Yo guys, add me to your Miiverse friends. Might as well get a group going to race each other for best level times.

NNID: Xenodrew

Christopher

Anyone have any samples of some good tunes? I found nothing excitable out of all the videos I watched. I guess I'll see come Friday

zigg

I managed to find the part, it's about 5 minutes in. He doesn't say he tried it though, so he could just be going based off what Nintendo has stated. Hard to say. They might have just left the CC off because CC = CCP is assumed?

I'll give it a shot when I get the game, but it'll be a bit of a drag if it doesn't work.
Well, crap. I listened to it too, it sounds very… definitive. I do have enough Nunchucks to go around though so I guess it'll be okay. At least nobody should be forced to use the Remote's d-pad.

Everything about this game seems awesome except that stupid cat thing. The cat suit is SO ugly.
Mbyykxd.jpg

(wish we could get this in America)

Richie

ah how does that list work? Total Sales?

As Amazon itself explains it
"Our most popular products based on sales. Updated hourly."
Basically, the list to say what's hot at the moment. I'm happy to confirm Mario's indeed rising in the charts, and is now at #8, sitting comfy behind ALBW and above PS4's ACIV.

Downhome

They stumbled upon something incredible with the cat suit, seriously. I know that some people are having fun with it, not so much mocking it but being funny about it like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_qYme03Vfc

But really, that one little thing could help Nintendo more than anything else they have done lately. Everyone I have showed a video of it to has loved it, even non-gamers. My wife can't wait until Friday and has fully embraced that most of our weekend will be spent with Mario.

RayMaker

Banned
After playing a couple of hours of 3d land on the 3ds.

Mario games seem to worn out for me, kinda of like how C all of duty games are worn out for a lot of people.

For me to like it it has to be more broader and not so simplistic.

----------------

after seeing some more recent footage of it, the levels actually look really creative and new, but the ultimate goal of just killing stuff by jumping on them seems very tedious and old.

Sup with Amazon not delivering this until the 26th even with Prime shipping?

Why is Amazon so weird with Nintendo stuff?

Stop being weird Amazon.

Busaiku

Super Mario 3D Land/potential Super Mario 3D World (I dunno) spoilers...

I really hope the 2nd part isn't like Super Mario 3D Land's.
People always say that the levels are different enough, but I never felt that way about most of them.
There were some original levels, but most of it was just too similar to the previously completed courses.

Sup with Amazon not delivering this until the 26th even with Prime shipping?

Why is Amazon so weird with Nintendo stuff?

Stop being weird Amazon.

I canceled my preorder the other day. I decided to try again today, so I preordered, and now it says "Select 2-day shipping to get this game on release day". It didnt say that before. I checked my order status, and now it says the estimated delivery date is November 22nd.

Teknoman

Mario games seem to worn out for me, kinda of like how C all of duty games are worn out for a lot of people.

----------------

after seeing some more recent footage of it, the levels actually look really creative and new, but the ultimate goal of just killing stuff by jumping on them seems very tedious and old.

This is to 3D land, as NSMB Wii was to NSMB 1 DS. You'll be ok if you roll with 3D world, and now you've got many ways of killing enemies.

don't worry Net_Wrecker, I'll keep you updated about the game when I'm playing it this weekend

With friends like you etc etc

I canceled my preorder the other day. I decided to try again today, so I preordered, and now it says "Select 2-day shipping to get this game on release day". It didnt say that before. I checked my order status, and now it says the estimated delivery date is November 22nd.

You're right. I just canceled the order and made a new one. Release day shipping now.

Andrew.

Banned
Once again those who are interested in racing against others through levels via Miiverse start throwing down your NNIDs.

Imma ghost all your asses.

japtor

----------------

The ultimate goal is to get to the end. Outside of the bosses the main goal is running and jumping through the levels, killing is a secondary thing you do along the way (...and since jumping is the main thing it makes sense that it's the main way you kill things).
It's so much better than the US commercial. I don't understand.
It's like they want to compete with all the other gaming commercials with more gamers than the games themselves. At least they're running a commercial at all I guess?

Exile20

This is awesome.

Amazon.com

Best Sellers in Video Games
Super Mario 3D World - Nintendo Wii U - #2 in Video Games
Just Dance 2014 - Nintendo - #5 in Video Games
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - #39 in Video Games
Mario Kart Wii - #41 in Video Games

Nope. Nothing has been made. I just assumed someone would jump on it because Im a lazy bastard and this sort of online-Miiverse integration sounds cool as fuck.

Nintendo really needs to jump on allowing users to make private miiverse communities.

Adding NNID's will do, for now.

So gametrailers review is up. It's like a 10.8 / 10 or some shit. Whatever everyone already knows this game is tits.

between this and link between worlds nintendo is where it's at despite all the next hype.

Top Bottom