• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Tokieda

Won't be picking this up until mid-december (when I finish writing my stupid thesis x_x) but I'd love to see some ghosts by that time, so feel free: NNID puntervold.

lt519

Yep. Just go to the map menu and select the first world. You don't need to go to the pipes (there aren't visual pipes... for now, anyway).

Testing abload...

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01g0sgs.jpg

Hnnnnnnnngg. I don't know how I am going to survive until Friday.

Andrew.

Banned
Holy shit. I think I'm going to buckle and get this game on Friday. I was going to wait after finals, but, ehh. I'll be able to do it.

Make sure you brush up on your platforming skills a bit before then! I dont wanna read about multiple deaths in 1-1 a la your experience with DKCR! =P

Digital again for me. I doubt i would ever sell it and it´s convinient to have it always avaiable if people come over. The deluxe promotion is just the icing in the cake. Too bad my sale will never be reflected in any sales charts.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Does the co-op in this game support/require two wii-u pads? Or is it designed around 1 wii-u pad and then wii-motes for the other players?

rnaud

Digital again for me. I doubt i would ever sell it and it´s convinient to have it always avaiable if people come over. The deluxe promotion is just the icing in the cake. Too bad my sale will never be reflected in any sales charts.

What is the deluxe promotion?

Wait...wait. Is this true?

For the most charts around here, yes. While it´s a number with no actual consequences, charts usually build some hype or reputation for a game. Seeing a game with a high chart entry reasures many people it would be ok to spend money on that game. In that way it´s free marketing that makes already popular games even more popular. Too bad digital sales are not considered. Imo a big flaw with the NPD etc.

lt519

Hmmmm, and I like the convenience of having it ready to start whenever I want, and I could get it at midnight on Thursday, I might finally go the digital way.

Somehow I feel like this won't be a game you'll be returning or trading in anyway.

So the release is happening on Thursday at midnight? Nice! I'll get to play some Friday before I leave for the weekend!

rnaud

Somehow I feel like this won't be a game you'll be returning or trading in anyway.

So the release is happening on Thursday at midnight? Nice! I'll get to play some Friday before I leave for the weekend!

That's how they did it for WWHD, so I guess yes.

And if it is exactly like WWHD it will be midnight EST, I'll have a few hours to play it!
Such good news!

zroid

Banned
Haha that screenshot of Mount Beanpole (I think that's its name?) is already making the rounds on twitter! :D

There's a video that was posted on a site the Go to for Nintendo news last night. It showed off the game being controlled with the original Classic Controller.

So who told us the OG CC didn't work? I knew that didn't make a lick of sense, as I'm positive they are functionally identical. The only difference is the removal of analogue triggers in the CC Pro. But that would only lead to less compatibility, not more.

zigg

So who told us the OG CC didn't work? I knew that didn't make a lick of sense, as I'm positive they are functionally identical. The only difference is the removal of analogue triggers in the CC Pro. But that would only lead to less compatibility, not more.
The original comment came from a Gamexplain video: http://youtu.be/BDVs0zPFKVw?t=4m43s

I don't think anyone tried it. I bet there was a fact sheet or pictured compatible controllers on the box or something and it just snowballed from there.

But yes, it made no sense that it wouldn't work. It was my understanding the two controllers are actually signal-compatible as well, so that the Pro could be used in games that supported the OG.

this game looks great, i'm really wondering if i should get a wii u now that there's a rather large choice of exclusives
plus i don't own a wii so there's its games that i have to catch up on

i'm afraid it's going to get expensive real quick with all the accessories though (pro controllers, wii u pads, wiimotes etc.)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
this game looks great, i'm really wondering if i should get a wii u now that there's a rather large choice of exclusives
plus i don't own a wii so there's its games that i have to catch up on

i'm afraid it's going to get expensive real quick with all the accessories though (pro controllers, wii u pads, wiimotes etc.)

For people who never owned a Wii, the Wii U does have an cross-gen game library that's really nice. Most Wii games can be had for cheap now. Well, outside Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade *cough*.

You should be able to pick up wiimote pluses and nunchucks cheap if you shop around for used, same with classic controllers.

zigg

All you really should need to start on top of what's included with the U system is a Remote and Nunchuk, and even then, that depends on what you want to play.

BY2K

Membero Americo
"Come Play" would be an awesome caption for this photo. You could start an entire thread saying "Welcome to the Wii U, NeoGaf" while just posting this photo. God damn...

I'd do: "PLAY. THE. GAME."

In fact, let me come back from work in 9 hours and I'll work on that.

Air

Banned
"Come Play" would be an awesome caption for this photo. You could start an entire thread saying "Welcome to the Wii U, NeoGaf" while just posting this photo. God damn...

I'd do: "PLAY. THE. GAME."

In fact, let me come back from work in 9 hours and I'll work on that.

I actually think a thread like that would be really good. Get screen shots from all the wii U heavy hitters to help change perception of the console, atleast on this board.

corn_fest

Oh shit. I had totally forgotten about the 10% back thing. Just canceled my Amazon order, thanks for reminding me.

TnK

Holy shit. I think I'm going to buckle and get this game on Friday. I was going to wait after finals, but, ehh. I'll be able to do it.
DONT! Your finals are more important.

mik2121 post your screenshot in the next gen screenshot thread, it is bound to give crazy reactions.

Beats

This is the kind of area I don't like in 3D World. Really bland uninspiring platforming, if you'd even call it that. Hopefully there's not much of this in the game because it's almost sleep-inducing.

Um, what does it even mean for a section in a platformer to have inspiring platforming?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

I'd probably get this digitally as well if it wasn't for the fact that I can buy it at retail cheaper (UK).

D-e-f-

Banned
Also, did they ever fix the problem with Miiverse adding friends? I don't know what that problem was but I remember early days it made more sense to add through "Friend List" on the OS level. Something about not being able to send requests unless it went both ways? Like it was still Friend Code style?

There never was a problem. And it was exactly the other way around. You never want to add friends through the Friend List. You want to do it on Miiverse. Nothing friend-cody about that. Users need to enable that they may receive friend requests though.

Is there going to be a demo of this?

lol

Does the co-op in this game support/require two wii-u pads? Or is it designed around 1 wii-u pad and then wii-motes for the other players?

You know not reading the OP can get you banned, right?

Top Bottom