• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

D-e-f-

Banned
There's a video that was posted on a site the Go to for Nintendo news last night. It showed off the game being controlled with the original Classic Controller.

So who told us the OG CC didn't work? I knew that didn't make a lick of sense, as I'm positive they are functionally identical. The only difference is the removal of analogue triggers in the CC Pro. But that would only lead to less compatibility, not more.

See, that nonsense happens when people can't get their terminology straight.

31F6gVpDgSL.jpg
THIS is an Original Wii Classic Controller. This (supposedly) does not work with Super Mario 3D World.

THIS is a Wii Classic Controller Pro. This is NOT an original CC. This DOES work with Super Mario 3D World.

For completion's sake:
This is a Wii U Pro Controller. This does also work with Super Mario 3D World.

This is the Tweet in question:
https://twitter.com/jose_otero/statuses/402902146896891905
It clearly shows a Wii Classic Controller Pro being used. Not an Original Wii Classic Controller.

This stage is cool.

How does one unlock the secret character?

I agree. Its actually one of my favorite level design in a mario game. It may look simple, but I just love the art direction.

You unlock the 5th character
after you beat the game

We got Mario and Zelda on Friday, as well as an hour long GT Tv Nintendo episode showing new footage of DK. Going to be a good day.

Spiderduff

Just checked my DDP to see if i had $5 or $10 off. Guess I spent a lot since I got $20 credit! So happy. Cannot wait to play this.

kaskade

Man, this game is gorgeous. I haven't been following it because I don't have a Wii U but with this and Wind Waker HD I'm really tempted.

I prescribe to the law that every person who gets the game early and streams, SUCKS at the game. Not just kinda bad at the game, I mean "holy shit I'm completely incompetent at video games" bad. This goes all the way back to watching that RE5 stream where they got took TWO HOURS to beat the final boss. This guy is just another log of that fire.

RagnarokX

This player is so bad, how hard is it to kick a football..

Yesterday he was doing a castle level. He got to a part where the camera stopped moving right when he went right and there was a big sign with a bright red arrow pointing up with blocks forming a staircase and a huge bottomless pit to the right with nothing indicating any reason to keep going right. He jumped to his death.

Coolwhip

Banned
I prescribe to the law that every person who gets the game early and streams, SUCKS at the game. Not just kinda bad at the game, I mean "holy shit I'm completely incompetent at video games" bad. This guy is just another log of that fire.

Another theory is:

You aren't as good at it as you think you are.

Azure J

Isn't that the weirdest thing though Viewtiful? Although this guy playing the Bowser level is entertaining. (That suicide to lose what amounted to god mode was commendable.)

Downhome

Wow, I have 1,423 points that I have never cashed in and used. That is what, almost $15 right?

Everyone, add me as well. Same name as here...

Downhome

Hodders

Neo Member
Do we know how much this is going to be on the Eshop here in the UK?

I've been on the Nintendo.co.uk eshop section but couldn't even see it listed on there (unless I'm blind!)

I prescribe to the law that every person who gets the game early and streams, SUCKS at the game. Not just kinda bad at the game, I mean "holy shit I'm completely incompetent at video games" bad. This goes all the way back to watching that RE5 stream where they got took TWO HOURS to beat the final boss. This guy is just another log of that fire.

Maybe try Cheesemeister's stream? http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/40939000

Timeaisis

I'm not watching the stream to avoid spoilers, but if the commentary on GAF is any indication, this guy is even worse than me at platformers. And that's coming from the guy who died an embarrassing number of times on NSMBU.

Isn't that the weirdest thing though Viewtiful? Although this guy playing the Bowser level is entertaining. (That suicide to lose what amounted to god mode was commendable.)

Its like watching your little sister play Super Mario Bros and she doesn't hold the run button and still falls to her death over and over.

Top Bottom