• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Just got back from Gamestop. There were two lines. I picked the line that wasn't composed entirely of 18-24 year males going 'whoo'. (Not hyperbole).

Now to pop in the disc. See you all in a while.

Howd everyone get this already? What timezones are you in? Man I don't even wanna wait till tomorrow to get it in the mail. I want it tonight!

Downhome

Mine is 94% done, just a couple more minutes left!

Then, bed, not able to actually play it until I get off work tomorrow at 6pm est. Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Eric C

So, I'm a bit apprehensive about downloading this instead of buying a physical copy. Just seems way less "tangible" with no chance to sell, give away, or anything else in the future. On the other hand, I despise optical disks, the unreliability, and the noise they make in the console.

Couple Qs:

1. Is the game tied to an account, or the console?
2. Would I be able to re-download it at any time, from any Wii U console using amy account? (ie. I have the white basic set but might trade it for a black in the future)

Thanks. It would be nice if I can be convinced to go for the download.

It's tied to your account BUT your account is tied to your console

You can redownload at anytime from your Wii U, but since the account is tied to the console, you can't redownload on any other Wii U UNLESS Nintendo customer service releases that account, then it would be tied to the next Wii U.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Howd everyone get this already? What timezones are you in? Man I don't even wanna wait till tomorrow to get it in the mail. I want it tonight!

I'm on the west coast and I am always able to download eShop games at 9 PM when they're supposed to be midnight releases. I'm pretty sure Nintendo just throws them up at midnight Eastern Time for the whole country. If you're in the US, you may have missed it since it's like more than halfway down the page for some reason.

I'm on the west coast and I am always able to download eShop games at 9 PM when they're supposed to be midnight releases. I'm pretty sure Nintendo just throws them up at midnight Eastern Time for the whole country. If you're in the US, you may have missed it since it's like more than halfway down the page for some reason.

Thanks for the tip, downloading now.....

Only played towards the end of one level. The music is awesome. I have a grin on my face the whole time. Smooth 60fps, looks very good. It may not be your grand scale galaxy game, but its something really special, and I'm glad they made this.

Have to watch gt tv before I can really dive into the game. Oh, and it controls great.

Hrmph, I have to wait until I get off work tomorrow to pick up my copy. To everyone who is playing or will be playing shortly: I HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH GRAGABFVHSFAGVAVS.
have fun!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
62% down. C'mon FFS. Was going to sleep while it downloaded, wake up and eat breakfast, take a nice long bike ride, then play the day away.

As it turns out I'm gonna dick around on my 3DS until it finishes, play until sun up, ride my bike a few hours, and crash like a bitch all day long.

Here's to paid days off!

Downhome

I got this and Zelda downloaded a short while ago. I'm so late for bed. I swore I wouldn't play Mario, but I had to at least start it up and run around the first stage. My God, the slick look, so beautiful, so smooth. One of the best looking games ever, just the entire look of just that first little area. It controls so perfectly and I can already tell that it'll just be a huge smile inducing joy to play. I can't wait until I get home tomorrow and me and my wife can really dive in!!!

I just played the first two levels because I have to get to bed for work tomorrow but... I'm just in shock, I can't believe how good this is already :O

I'm so glad I went blackout on this after the second trailer, I had no idea about the change to the run button.

It literally changes everything.

Just picked up the game and back home. Exhausted and was fun, will play first level tomorrow

Cheers to fun everybody who picks Mario/Zelda up!!!!

Seik

Banned
Order from FS still not shipped, so I'll just take a lo...

WHAT THE FLYING FFFFFF-

XCebOxH.png

Man, maaaaaaaaaan, that's a first. I think I'll buy another new copy for the week-end and sell the new one when I'll get it. At this rate I'll have it next friday...

Busaiku

It is finally mine!
I wish they had a separate line here, I was like one of 5 people getting this among the 50 or so X-Box One people.

Completed the first 3 levels with all green stars. Pretty good fun. I love the main theme, it has been stuck in my head all week.

It is taking me some time to get used to the running and gravity of a non galaxy world. Long jump doesn't feel as natural as in Galaxy because of the additional button that needs to be held. Haven't perfected the cat mario homing attack yet either. I seem to get it right only some of the time.

I better go sleep now, have to leave for work in 6 hours.

Lijik

Played through the first world, games pretty dope. Two small things I noticed that idk if anyone has already picked up on:
-If you jump right as you land a ground pound, you do a higher jump (at least as Luigi but I assume this applies for everyone)
-You can touch on the gamepad to flip the switches in 1-5 without having to run over them (although if its obscured by scenery you still have to actually run over it).

did anyone wear cat ears?

Every employee was wearing them and a few were excited since I was the only one picking up Mario so they didnt have to wear them for no reason. An employee also baked cookies for the Xbox One release so I had one of those, pretty delicious.

batbeg

Just woke up, saw it was 12:30. I could either get dressed and ready and go out to a walmart and get it, or just start downloading it while I have a cigarette and load a bowl in preparation.

Now to just wait for the download... I'm so fucking excited!!!.!

Top Bottom