• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Well, without knowing anything about it, it's hard to be excited. Zelda is always viewed as the next big thing but the last couple of console games have been disappointing. That said, the new 3DS game is remarkable and gives me hope that we'll see something special on Wii U as well.
If they can incorporate the game design philosophy of the 3DS game with the scope and storytelling of the past console games, Zelda U will be something really special.

Let Mario and Link be the kings of gaming once again.

And make Zelda playable this time

bodine1231

Decided to run down to gamestop and pick this up along with Zelda. After finishing the first world I can tell this will be one of my favorite Mario games,been smiling like an idiot for the past hour.

im loving the stickers for miiverse here is one i just did

zlCfzRMqh7EOAx3EhL

Teknoman

Well, without knowing anything about it, it's hard to be excited. Zelda is always viewed as the next big thing but the last couple of console games have been disappointing. That said, the new 3DS game is remarkable and gives me hope that we'll see something special on Wii U as well.

I dunno, I still feel Skyward Sword was pretty awesome. More so than Twilight Princess anyway.

Kurt

When is the OST going to be released for this game?

It seem that there is already alot of zelda songs available, but no mario songs yet (except the main theme).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I dunno, I still feel Skyward Sword was pretty awesome. More so than Twilight Princess anyway.
I liked aspects of it for sure but I still felt it was disappointing.

have you not seen X in ALPHA stage. HA! i will personally serve you your plate.
Wait, what? You sound like Major Nelson with the "Have you SEEN Titanfall?!"

Yes, I've seen X. I didn't love Xenoblade, though, so it's hard to get overly excited for it. We'll see. I don't expect X to best Super Mario 3D World.

Even though I'm playing this single-player (for the time being), I still found great fun with the Double Cherry. I had five Marios at once tossing fireballs everywhere! Now that I think about it, I should have taken a screenshot. Perhaps I'll revisit that level and get a picture of that type of craziness.

Organizing that many clones to all head in the same direction or spread out the way you want is a game in and of itself!

Also, seeing Super Mario 64-style trees rendered in 3D made me incredibly happy.

Busaiku

Man, took me a while to figure out how to get the stamp in 2-2.
Kind of a weak level overall, too much deviation due to the touch/blow.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
well they are two totally different games. i expect Zelda U to be the best game on Wii U... But X looks amazing. and i am not even an RPG fan but i am getting that game day 1. 2014 Wii U titles are gonna be jaw dropping great!
You seriously sound like a marketing bot.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guys, how do we see each other's ghost data? I've got all these friends now and even on levels I've 100% cleared I'm not seeing any of your Miis running hither and yon :( I was looking forward to that!

Teknoman

I liked aspects of it for sure but I still felt it was disappointing.

Yeah, could have had a hell of alot less handholding for sure. I like that they seem to have realized that with Link between worlds. I ran into a section early on that probably could have stumped most people easily.

batbeg

Guys, how do we see each other's ghost data? I've got all these friends now and even on levels I've 100% cleared I'm not seeing any of your Miis running hither and yon :( I was looking forward to that!

Looking at the manual it says it will unlock a little into the game and create a mii the first time you clear a level without losing a life... Not sure how that works, wish it would be the fastest. How does it choose between different save files?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Looking at the manual it says it will unlock a little into the game and create a mii the first time you clear a level without losing a life... Not sure how that works, wish it would be the fastest. How does it choose between different save files?

Thanks, so hard to care about a manual in cases like this!

GUYS!
YOU CAN DRAW IN THE SAND WITH YOUR FUCKING FINGER!

Got the game at the gamestop midnight launch with Zelda, loving it so far, but I'm about to trade back out to Zelda while I relax in bed, made it to world 2 tonight though and that's good enough for me, it's an awesome game so far... ALL THE COLORS! CAN'T HANDLE... *foams at mouth*

Knack really shouldn't ever be part of an argument on how to ameliorate anything about any game

Now that I know the game is 720p it all makes sense. Hate on, but I wish instead of a Gamepad I had a box that output this game in 1080p. I love Nintendo and always will and I still think the last console that made sense to me was the Gamecube. Why sacrifice power for a controller two consoles in a row so you go from being the leaders in graphics to last place?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm not even subscribed, I just think garnering views and ad revenue off of posting spoilers the moment all NDAs and embargos are dropped is fucking disgusting discourse.
Jesus, it's their job. Should they wait a few
days to keep you happy?

Now that I know the game is 720p it all makes sense. Hate on, but I wish instead of a Gamepad I had a box that output this game in 1080p. I love Nintendo and always will and I still think the last console that made sense to me was the Gamecube. Why sacrifice power for a controller two consoles in a row so you go from being the leaders in graphics to last place?
My god why you bringing this jordann argument in here? Lol

Teknoman

The system supports 1080p, but I dont think most Nintendo games will be full 1080p unless they are sure they can hit a stable framerate.

Top Bottom